PDA

View Full Version : Any other artists similare to DJ Shadow?

Wolfmight
01-21-2006, 11:52 PM
I've heard lots of Trip-Hop, Chill-Out, Lounge, House, and DJ music...but DJ Shadow still proves to be my favorite of all.

Now, I've only downloaded 4 other DJs, but they were alright.

Does anyone know of any artists that play music very similare to Shadow's? Icey Urban Chillout Themes with an artistic feeling.

I really wish they would make an Official "Urban Chill-out" genre, because I don't really like those female vocals a lot of times. It's gotta be pretty darn good, such as Thievery Corporation's "Holographic Universe" to catch my attention.
I really like it when they bust out piano notes, such as "Mongrel meets...His Maker" or "Building Steam with a Grain of Salt".

Shadow thinks he's gangster, but I think he's got a better seat in the art and film clubs. Too slick for rap vocals.
:artist: :partytime :happy:

kan200
01-22-2006, 12:25 AM
hello mate have you tried dj yoda? not quite the same, more goofy but has the sam kind of ultra sampled feel, but shadows kinda in a leage of his own. also try LTJ bukem, orbital and aphex twins 'ambient works'. by tha way do you know any good torrent sites for dance music, every one i try seems to have a really limited amount, is EVERYone into fucking heavy rock these days?

kan200
01-22-2006, 12:26 AM
oh definitly check out future sound of london aswell :)

Wolfmight
01-22-2006, 05:08 AM
I'll check them out.

Afronaut
01-26-2006, 09:27 AM
DJ = Artist?

tehfook?

Skillian
01-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Don't be a snob.

Listen to Building Steam with a Grain of Salt or Midnight in a Perfect World and you might understand why DJ Shadow is obviously an artist.

Afronaut
01-27-2006, 07:36 AM
Sure...

rudylaw
01-30-2006, 02:46 AM
Department of Eagles