PDA

View Full Version : Fecked up my internet

S!X
01-22-2006, 04:43 AM
I applied some registry patch that was supposed to tweak my internet connection..... I have no idea why I did it but I did and my newgroup downloads are alot slower then usual and webpages take forever to load now.... How can I fix the damage?

zaphodiv
01-22-2006, 07:22 AM
What operting system?
System restore? Reinstall windows?

It might help if you give a link to this "registry patch" or tell us what it is called.
My first suspicion is that the patch is a fake that actually loaded a load of adware/spyware/spamware onto your computer.

S!X
01-22-2006, 07:35 AM
XP pro corp, I have system restore disabled.. cant reformat eaither cuz Ive got nowhere to put my music collection. It didnt install any spyware or anything just screwd my speed. I cant remember where the heck I downloaded the thing from eaither:frusty:

DanB
01-22-2006, 12:19 PM
whoopsie

S!X
01-22-2006, 04:26 PM
whoopsie

Yeah eh:lookaroun :ermm:

Seedler
01-22-2006, 08:29 PM
lol cant really help you if you cant remember anything

get a dvd burner and fucking burn those music

S!X
01-22-2006, 09:13 PM
lol cant really help you if you cant remember anything

get a dvd burner and fucking burn those music

Was kinda hoping to get a new comp instead of buying a dvd burner and putting it in this fecking POS. DVD's are too cheap eaither :(

twisterX
01-22-2006, 09:24 PM
How much music you got. Like GB's

S!X
01-22-2006, 09:30 PM
24.6gb

twisterX
01-22-2006, 09:37 PM
You can get a DVD burner and like 10 DVD's for about 30-40 dollars.

Borrow a HDD from someone and put it in your pc as slave and reformat and put the music back to the master.

Get someone with like a 40 GB ipod or something and transfer the mucic to that and reformat.

Since you dont know what caused it or how to fix it reformatting seems liek the only option while putting your music somewhere else.

S!X
01-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Since you dont know what caused it or how to fix it reformatting seems liek the only option while putting your music somewhere else.

Its not a big deal but it would nice to be fixed, I really dont feel like reformatting till I get a new comp, this is goin in the garbage.

twisterX
01-23-2006, 04:42 AM
try lookign for internet tweaker and look for one that has like optomize best for my PC option.

It cant get worse so i would try this.

Ashampoo winoptomizer has this i think.

dodgy368
01-23-2006, 11:13 PM
There's something on torrentit called XP Repair Pro, think this might be what you're looking for.:)

zaphodiv
01-24-2006, 04:17 AM
I think he needs to learn not to install random stuff on his computer, not add more.

If you don't have backups of your important files you will loose them someday. Harddrives don't last forever.

Reseting TCP/IP as described here might solve the problem. Needless to say if you are not using "automatically obtain an ip address" then write down your setting from control panel first.

http://www.petri.co.il/reinstall_tcp_ip_on_windows_xp.htm

If you don't have service pack 2 on the machine you may need to follow the instructions at the bottom of this knowledgebase article instead. (page don't show properly in firefox 1.5)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

S!X
01-24-2006, 07:24 AM
I think he needs to learn not to install random stuff on his computer, not add more.

If you don't have backups of your important files you will loose them someday. Harddrives don't last forever.

Reseting TCP/IP as described here might solve the problem. Needless to say if you are not using "automatically obtain an ip address" then write down your setting from control panel first.

http://www.petri.co.il/reinstall_tcp_ip_on_windows_xp.htm

If you don't have service pack 2 on the machine you may need to follow the instructions at the bottom of this knowledgebase article instead. (page don't show properly in firefox 1.5)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

I dont install random stuff on my comp... I just wanted to see how it worked.:angry:

Virtualbody1234
01-24-2006, 03:34 PM
This is a very good example showing why backups are important. Just think what happens when your hard disk dies.

Get a DVD burner and backup your data!

Skillian
01-24-2006, 03:45 PM
DL Partition Magic, put the music onto a new partition and just reformat the Windows partition.

This would work, no? It's also free.

S!X
01-24-2006, 07:35 PM
This is a very good example showing why backups are important. Just think what happens when your hard disk dies.

Get a DVD burner and backup your data!

In the new comp ill have a dvd burner.

dodgy368
01-24-2006, 08:39 PM
@Linkin Park
Was thinking about this at work, try this, uninstall your modem(then reboot), then reinstall it, this worked when my nephew had a similar problem.
Got a feeling this will work and it won't hurt to try.:)