PDA

View Full Version : Help - How To Connect My Laptop To My Tv?

chweet
04-21-2003, 11:47 PM
Help - How to connect my laptop to my TV?

thanks in advance.

Luca_Snipes
04-22-2003, 09:25 AM
Hi,

Most laptops have a S-Video output on the back, which either connects to the S-Video connector on you TV, or through an adaptor to a Composite Video or SCART socket.

If there is no TV out then it it possable to buy a converter to use on the VGA out, these cost around £30 in the UK

Livy
04-22-2003, 09:34 AM
on mine my tv has a s-video socket on the front, so just plug it in there, you will also need a cable for the sound, just a hedphone socklet to phono plugs will do.

wolfman10_2000
04-22-2003, 10:34 PM
First off you need to make sure you Graphics card has TV-OUT if not your going to have no buy 1 :rolleyes:

97cv
12-05-2006, 05:57 AM
I also have connected my laptop to my TV.S video to S video.One problem its grey and fuzzy? I can " mirror" or expand my desktop to the TV as my ATI radeon 9000 mobility video driver allows but this situation seems to be ary? Any help or suggestions.And yes I have been searching the "net" for a few days now and I finally found an intelligent forum to post on...Thank god. Thanks for whos ever time I recieve.

Oh I am obviously a new member. I live in Michigan,usa.Look for detroit metro airport and I live there.So close I have jet plane skid marks on my roof :)

Gripper
12-05-2006, 06:18 PM
This looks like a good guide
http://www.techlore.com/article/10061

97cv
12-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Yeah found that article to be un-helpful.BUT I do appreciate your suggestion.

I have already updated,double checked,plugged and unplugged everything.I just have a fuzzy picture...color but fuzzy.
I have adjusted resolution,color properties and everything else I could think of