PDA

View Full Version : Ebay problem

darkmatter
01-23-2006, 07:36 PM
So about a week ago I was looking through ebay for a TV for my room, so I bidd[ed] for one for £200. A couple of days later I changed my mind about the whole thing, forgetting that I already bidded.

Today morning the seller phoned me and said that she wants the money asap, I tried to tell her that it was all a mistake but she said I HAVE to pay. She said that if I don't pay within a few days she will report me to ebay.

Is there anything ebay can do?
Do I HAVE to pay?
Can she sue me?

thanks in advance

enoughfakefiles
01-23-2006, 07:39 PM
You'll just get negative feedback, but i sure you can retract your bid before the item ends of course :dabs:

darkmatter
01-23-2006, 07:40 PM
You'll just get negative feedback, but i sure you can retract your bid before the item ends of course :dabs:

ITS ENDED:angry: I forgot all about it

DanB
01-23-2006, 07:51 PM
D'oh.

I had someone try that with me when my freind clicked buy now for a pair of traienrs and then relaised they didn't accept debit cards.

I politely told the bloke where to go, mentioning that I was on the dole and really didn't have any money to give him for a sale that didn't go through. After a few strongly worded emails he gave up and I never got any negative feedback.

Although I guess thats kinda different to your suggestion, I guess its too late to lie and say it was a little brother/sister?

Virtualbody1234
01-23-2006, 08:32 PM
Don't be a dick. Pay the money and get your TV. That's what you agreed to when you placed your bid.

Robert00000
01-23-2006, 11:40 PM
So about a week ago I was looking through ebay for a TV for my room, so I bidd[ed] for one for £200. A couple of days later I changed my mind about the whole thing, forgetting that I already bidded.

Today morning the seller phoned me and said that she wants the money asap, I tried to tell her that it was all a mistake but she said I HAVE to pay. She said that if I don't pay within a few days she will report me to ebay.

Do I HAVE to pay?
Can she sue me?

thanks in advance

You will get a negative feedback from the seller and strike against your name from ebay.

I think if you get 2 strikes in a year your account gets suspended. But i'm not completely sure about that. Find out more from the ebay website.

worldpease
01-24-2006, 05:08 AM
According to this guide for eBay I dld,
you can retract your bid by claiming that it was a 'clear error'.
But if you do that more than once, you'll be know as a non reliable person.

thewizeard
01-24-2006, 09:24 AM
...you started with a bid for 200 pounds...lol ...yes ?...you were bound to win the bidding... no peace for worldpease..

Barbarossa
01-24-2006, 09:50 AM

Do I HAVE to pay?
Can she sue me?

thanks in advance

If you don't pay you'll get negative feedback, and your ebay account will possibly be suspended.

Next time, if you don't want something don't bid on it. :ermm:

EDIT: By the way, people like you who twat about on ebay without really wanting to buy stuff really piss me off :angry:

manker
01-24-2006, 09:55 AM
I won an auction for a pair of red Puma daps from this German chap, 55 Euros I had to pay.

Then I discovered he wouldn't accept Paypal (my fault for not checking). My A in GCSE German was less use that you'd think as he seemed to speak aoler German (Gurahl was stumped too).

So I didn't know what he wanted me to do. He just stopped emailing me in the end. Duno if I've got negative feedback - don't care much neither :mellow:

Barbarossa
01-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Probably for the best, you don't want to catch German Foot Aids. :no:

enoughfakefiles
01-24-2006, 12:48 PM
They'll probably make you walk like john cleese anyway :snooty:

manker
01-24-2006, 12:51 PM
nazis

Guillaume
01-24-2006, 04:23 PM
My A in GCSE German was less use that you'd think as he seemed to speak aoler German (Gurahl was stumped too).
I haven't given up on finding out what he said.

Maybe I'll ask a German person to translate it.

Yes, I'm that bored.