PDA

View Full Version : iPod question

Skiz
01-24-2006, 10:22 PM
When I transfer my music to my iPod, I get a lot of music with similar artist titles. For example, in the listing I might have something like this:

Linkin Park
linkin park
LinkinPark

Prior to using an iPod, I used TagScanner as my music tagger. Is there a 'smarter' one that will make these adjustments so that I won't have those problems with my iPod?

EDIT: Please don't suggest iTunes, for it is the Anti-Christ.

suprafreak6
01-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Well you could do it manually... should take long...

Skiz
01-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Well you could do it manually... should take long...

There's no way I'm doing that manually. All those songs would be oldies by the time I finished. :lol:

LilAznAccommodator
01-25-2006, 01:47 AM
Hahh actually I would like to know of a program to because I also experience this.

Skiz
01-25-2006, 04:17 AM
Hmm...I thought I would have had some quick responses on this one since I'm sure it annoys lots of people. :huh: *continues looking*

Aha_Hello
02-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Hi,

I have programed a free utility that help you normarize Artist Title.
You can download it from http://www.jodix.com/downloads/Jodix_ID3_normarizer.rar.

Download and unzip it. It's very simple and hsa no help files. But it works.

I will add more functions in the program. If you guys have any cool ideas, pelase feel free to let me know.

backlash
02-15-2006, 06:03 PM
I use ml_ipod for winamp. http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138888

Just open up the Media Library and right click the item and choose edit item's information and rename the Artist or whatever you want to make them fall under the same artist/album.

tesco
02-15-2006, 08:37 PM

Just open up the Media Library and right click the item and choose edit item's information and rename the Artist or whatever you want to make them fall under the same artist/album.
Same as me...in winamp I can tell if they're the same name or not, if not select all the tracks by that artist, go to edit, and mass change the artist name. :)
Then when I transfer to my iPod it has the proper tags.:happy:

Skiz
02-15-2006, 11:42 PM

Same as me...in winamp I can tell if they're the same name or not, if not select all the tracks by that artist, go to edit, and mass change the artist name. :)

How do you tag with the Winamp plugin????

tesco
02-16-2006, 02:32 AM

How do you tag with the Winamp plugin????
I use winamp itself to tag.
Just add the music to your medialibrary and edit there.

Skiz
02-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Just add the music to your medialibrary and edit there. [/b][/font]

But that only allows you to edit one at a time. Who wants to do that? :wacko:

{I}{K}{E}
02-16-2006, 08:11 PM
you can use Itunes to change multiple files @ once.

tesco
02-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Just add the music to your medialibrary and edit there.

But that only allows you to edit one at a time. Who wants to do that? :wacko:
highlight more than one then edit.

orcutt989
02-16-2006, 11:07 PM
I use winamp! You can highlight more than one file, and then mass edit it, give all the files same artist, whatever.

suprafreak6
02-16-2006, 11:11 PM
i use itunes...

LilAznAccommodator
02-17-2006, 04:50 AM
Sorry a little late, if using iTunes as I dont' want to use multiple music applications, is there a way to like for example just delete all the 'Album Names' or do I have to do that one by one? Like on my iPod I only want the Song/Artist to be listed not the Album Title

Skiz
02-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Sorry a little late, if using iTunes as I dont' want to use multiple music applications, is there a way to like for example just delete all the 'Album Names' or do I have to do that one by one? Like on my iPod I only want the Song/Artist to be listed not the Album Title

You can do that with TagScanner. I edited about 5,000 mp3's in about 15 secs. :)

Skiz
02-17-2006, 06:04 PM
highlight more than one then edit. [/b]

Negative. They all have the title of the artist identical in Winamp Media Library, but when uploaded to the iPod, they're still displayed in several different ways. :ermm:

LilAznAccommodator
02-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Alright I shall give the program a try. Thanks for the information.

Edit: Oh wow the program works wonders for my Music, thanks again.