PDA

View Full Version : why all the hate?

kan200
01-27-2006, 08:08 PM
hey, i'm pretty new to this site but i've been reading the music posts a lot and its really sad how theres so much bad blood between people with different tastses in music (mainly between punk rock and electronica fans). I understand being deffensive about your own preffered music, but i dont get why we feel the need to slag each others tastes off. i say we cos i've been guilty of it myself, but after the initial buzz of 'my musics better than yours' i'm left with a really bad feeling like whats the point?. i'd like to take this oportunity to apologise to the slipknot and system of a down fans i've dissed and ask they in turn stop taking every chance to take the piss out of techno or dj shadow.lets just get along. peace. :)

manker
01-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Riiiiight.

It will be interesting to see if you still hold that view once your e has worn off, techno boy.

kan200
01-27-2006, 09:24 PM
FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!:frusty: fine, i guess that was a bit........hippyfied.

Skillian
01-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Heh, ask Adster about the Rap is cRap thread from years ago... that one raged a while. :D

I like all kinds of music so I rarely get involved with the flaming, but I must admit it annoys me when some people refuse to admit something can be music unless it involves a guitar.

GepperRankins
01-27-2006, 11:29 PM
rap>

Celerystalksme
01-28-2006, 01:01 AM
teehee. Teh FST Luv

-i don't hate any music really, i just say shit because i think it's funny and it normally is.

P.S. Slipknot>Mudvayne

Celerystalksme
01-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Heh, ask Adster about the Rap is cRap thread from years ago... that one raged a while. :D

BEST THREAD EVA!!111!!

Adster
01-28-2006, 05:33 AM

I like all kinds of music so I rarely get involved with the flaming, but I must admit it annoys me when some people refuse to admit something can be music unless it involves a guitar.

lol that wil always go down as my number 1 memory of this forum jeez that was 2 years ago now time flys

if I made that thread today Ike would delete it within 2 mins :lol: the other guys let it rome for about 5 months

Adster
01-28-2006, 05:37 AM
ok i found the thread its locked of cause here it is and you will see the hate today is nothing compared to the flaming then :lol:

http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=7615

the best fucking thread ever!! lmao

nanotek
01-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Riiiiight.

It will be interesting to see if you still hold that view once your e has worn off, techno boy.

lol hes more into drum+bass ;)

sure is bad when u cant spot the difference

manker
01-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Riiiiight.

lol hes more into drum+bass ;)

sure is bad when u cant spot the difference
Are you saying that he doesn't know which music he likes :blink:

kan200
01-28-2006, 11:00 PM
wow, that Rap is cRap thread really opened my eyes!:blink:
i guess it's just in peoples nature to shit on each others tastes!
the music forum probably wouldnt be as interesting without us all giving each other a roasting now and again, i think we can agree that just burning a particular type of music for the sake of it is pretty gay (no offence Ad!):P

kan200
01-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Manker i dont really understand what your on about, i like techno and drum and bass as well as a lot of other types of music are you just trying to take the piss? or what, have you got a point to make?

Adster
01-28-2006, 11:41 PM
wow, that Rap is cRap thread really opened my eyes!:blink:
i guess it's just in peoples nature to shit on each others tastes!
the music forum probably wouldnt be as interesting without us all giving each other a roasting now and again, i think we can agree that just burning a particular type of music for the sake of it is pretty gay (no offence Ad!):P

lol i notcied in that thread ppl calling me adthomp damm that orignal name of mine then turned into Ad hahaha the memories I was coming off a 4 year relationship break up and just moved away whenI started coming to this forum my god reading that thread I was pathetic in my postings still /..... I think Rap is crap with a capital C :lo: :P

nanotek
01-29-2006, 09:59 AM
i think mankers trying to take the piss really

Celerystalksme
01-29-2006, 12:58 PM
i think mankers trying to take the piss really

I havent seen a post where he hasn't.

manker
01-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Obviously the first post I made in the thread, I was taking the piss. I don't think even an idiot could fail to spot that.

The second post I was commenting on some incoherent rubbish posted by which looks, for all intensive purposes, as if it was posted by an idiot.

Cleared up?

kan200
01-29-2006, 06:58 PM
just out of intrest manker what kind of music do you listen too?

manker
01-29-2006, 07:14 PM
just out of intrest manker what kind of music do you listen too?Take a look:

http://www.last.fm/user/manker/

kan200
01-29-2006, 08:00 PM
my favourite artists right now are high contrast (drum and bass), plump djs and stanton warriors (breakbeat), future sound of london (trance) and infected mushroom (techno). i like going to fat raves and getting off my bollocks. my taste in music revolves around having a good time and getting on with people, regardless of what kind o music or whatever they're into. its a generalization but goths and metal heads seem to have a real chip on there shoulders and look down on anyone with different tastes.

manker
01-29-2006, 09:48 PM
my favourite artists right now are high contrast (drum and bass), plump djs and stanton warriors (breakbeat), future sound of london (trance) and infected mushroom (techno). i like going to fat raves and getting off my bollocks. my taste in music revolves around having a good time and getting on with people, regardless of what kind o music or whatever they're into. its a generalization but goths and metal heads seem to have a real chip on there shoulders and look down on anyone with different tastes.Perhaps it's because you don't need to take six pills to appreciate a metal gig but it's a prerequisite if you're off to a rave.

Maybe that's why metalheads look down their nose at people whose musical tastes include trance. I wouldn't have a clue.

As for me, I like punk and I couldn't give a shit what other people like. You'll be hard pushed to find a post of mine 'hating' someone for liking something other than what I like. Unless I'm taking the piss out of a friend, maybe.

My first post in this thread was nothing to do with what music you listen to, it was because you sounded like some e'd up idealistic bleeding heart music liberal.

:dabs:

Celerystalksme
01-29-2006, 10:27 PM
just out of intrest manker what kind of music do you listen too?Take a look:

http://www.last.fm/user/manker/

Id hit it!

kan200
01-29-2006, 10:31 PM
my favourite artists right now are high contrast (drum and bass), plump djs and stanton warriors (breakbeat), future sound of london (trance) and infected mushroom (techno). i like going to fat raves and getting off my bollocks. my taste in music revolves around having a good time and getting on with people, regardless of what kind o music or whatever they're into. its a generalization but goths and metal heads seem to have a real chip on there shoulders and look down on anyone with different tastes.Perhaps it's because you don't need to take six pills to appreciate a metal gig but it's a prerequisite if you're off to a rave.

Maybe that's why metalheads look down their nose at people whose musical tastes include trance. I wouldn't have a clue.

As for me, I like punk and I couldn't give a shit what other people like. You'll be hard pushed to find a post of mine 'hating' someone for liking something other than what I like. Unless I'm taking the piss out of a friend, maybe.

My first post in this thread was nothing to do with what music you listen to, it was because you sounded like some e'd up idealistic bleeding heart music liberal.

i appreciate the honest response, the reason i started this thread was to find out why people who are into metal and stuff are so hostile towards those who like trance ect. i guess youve kinda awnsered my question to a degree. i can see now why you're so superiour, i mean its not like the words 'drugs' and 'rock n roll' have ever been uttered in the same sentence.:rolleyes:

Snee
01-29-2006, 11:00 PM
hey, i'm pretty new to this site but i've been reading the music posts a lot and its really sad how theres so much bad blood between people with different tastses in music (mainly between punk rock and electronica fans). I understand being deffensive about your own preffered music, but i dont get why we feel the need to slag each others tastes off. i say we cos i've been guilty of it myself, but after the initial buzz of 'my musics better than yours' i'm left with a really bad feeling like whats the point?. i'd like to take this oportunity to apologise to the slipknot and system of a down fans i've dissed and ask they in turn stop taking every chance to take the piss out of techno or dj shadow.lets just get along. peace. :)
You've been a member for what? A few days? Hours?

You can't possibly know how serious people around here are about what they say about hating this or that type of music and you definitely can't have a full grasp on who people in here are, and all you accomplish by doing this kind of thing without actually being a member of our community is to make yourself look as a bit of a mentalist attention whore, or somesuch.

Last I saw a post with a sentiment that was something like this, was when our favourite troll last came in. Granted, he was on about our political opinions, rather than our musical ones. But either way he didn't have a clue, and I rather wonder where you got your notion of "all the hate between punk rock and electronica fans" from.

People have a right to say that a certain type of music is shite, if they want.

No geptard from pantsville, texas, or wherever is going to tell me what I can't hate :snooty: Down with censorship, and so forth.

Adster
01-30-2006, 12:23 AM
teh answer as to why i hate trance rap etc/.

music is about using instruments and vocals

not machines and talking

manker
01-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Perhaps it's because you don't need to take six pills to appreciate a metal gig but it's a prerequisite if you're off to a rave.

i appreciate the honest response, the reason i started this thread was to find out why people who are into metal and stuff are so hostile towards those who like trance ect. i guess youve kinda awnsered my question to a degree. i can see now why you're so superiour, i mean its not like the words 'drugs' and 'rock n roll' have ever been uttered in the same sentence.:rolleyes:
Generally to do with the artists themselves, geptard.

Did you deliberately not get that I meant the people experiencing the music rather than the people making it ... or are you just not very bright.

GepperRankins
01-30-2006, 12:34 AM
btw, mankers oppinion are void because he listens to pop punk.

so, like, don't bitch about other peoples musical taste cause like, it's gay

Celerystalksme
01-30-2006, 01:32 AM

Yeah who like listens to Fallout Boy...ghey!

manker
01-30-2006, 01:41 AM

Yeah who like listens to Fallout Boy...ghey!I didn't think I did - but I do!

Number 54 on my list. I quiver when someone touches my 'more top artists' button :wub:

kan200
01-30-2006, 02:36 AM
o.k, like i said i started this thread cos i was curious about a rift between people cos of the music they listen to, not specificaly in here but just in general. so i wasnt trying to judge your community, it wasnt intended to aggrovate anyone either. i probably have bin taking it to seriously though.:)

Celerystalksme
01-30-2006, 02:49 AM
Yeah who like listens to Fallout Boy...ghey!I didn't think I did - but I do!

Number 54 on my list. I quiver when someone touches my 'more top artists' button :wub:

I didn't think i did either but they are 38th on my list (i've listened to 5000 tracks so its not that many times). I think there is a conspiracy theory involved. Anything outside my top 15 is bad :(

manker
01-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Now why did you make me do that. I listened to 1538 tracks last week - at an average of, say, 2 and a half minutes per song - that's over two and a half DAYS straight out of the seven sitting next to either my PC in work or in the house.

Now I can feel the walls closing on on me :dabs:

Celerystalksme
01-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Now why did you make me do that. I listened to 1538 tracks last week - at an average of, say, 2 and a half minutes per song - that's over two and a half DAYS straight out of the seven sitting next to either my PC in work or in the house.

Me thinks you need to get out more and/or laid.

manker
01-30-2006, 05:13 PM

Me thinks you need to get out more and/or laid.Well spotted.

It's not true what they say about Australians, some are pretty darn sharp.

I've not been out since New Years Eve because of work, I do this for the same month every year for reasons I've moaned about at length in teh lounge.

You struck out on the getting laid part tho' - I manage that most nights, albeit with the same girl.

Ya can't have it all :dabs:

Formula1
01-31-2006, 12:40 AM

not machines and talking

Bullshit:

music is an art, entertainment, or other human activity which involves organized and audible sound, though definitions vary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music

Celerystalksme
01-31-2006, 12:42 AM
I should go into teh lounge more often. I just don't have teh time like i used too.

Well you learnt to settle which is why you are getting laid and im not. But at least you have teh skill to manage it most nights, its a lot harder than most people think.

But i agree with you...Ya can't have it all indeed!

P.S. Everybody, the band Wolfmother is teh ghey

Celerystalksme
01-31-2006, 12:45 AM

not machines and talking

Bullshit:

music is an art, entertainment, or other human activity which involves organized and audible sound, though definitions vary.

You are using wikipedia to define music? You do realise the only people that sumbit shit to wikipedia are complete and utter fucktards who know shit all about whatever they decide to sumbit.

I mean you could quote a reliable source like oxford dictionary or something like that. Using wikipedia for a source is so totally ghey!

manker
01-31-2006, 01:46 AM
But at least you have teh skill to manage it most nights, its a lot harder than most people think.Yea, really - yet some nights it's a lot softer than a certain female seems to expect.

And aye, you should definitely post in the lounge more :D

Afronaut
01-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Oh my, what we have here...

:P

Adster
02-01-2006, 02:57 AM

not machines and talking

Bullshit:

so if I sit here tap my keyboard talk and fart a bit it would be music??

cool Ill make a million easy!!

an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner

(music) the sounds produced by singers or musical instruments (or reproductions of such sounds

rap i dont see any vocal tones there unless I scream "FUCK NIGGA" or FUCK MY BITCH and throw her in the DITCH or I could whisper it I guess

structure??? yeah heaps of stuctrue talk talk talk talk and for a chorus lets say "hey Bitch" or rip off a classic 60 or 70s hit for the chorus and add in a bit of singing so it sells ala changes 2Pac or 6 pac whatever his name is

Barbarossa
02-01-2006, 09:42 AM

No-one said music had to be popular. :dry:

Adster
02-02-2006, 12:55 AM

you missed the point

you want to make money you have to make crap

the american top 40 is a complete joke 95% of it is rap

when aust down here at the ARIA awards david hassaoff was kinda host and said "this is so much better then the america awards they play music here over there its just rap crap" thanks mr hoff for saying that

Formula1
02-02-2006, 01:15 AM

you missed the point

when aust down here at the ARIA awards david hassaoff was kinda host and said "this is so much better then the america awards they play music here over there its just rap crap" thanks mr hoff for saying that

Again this jsut goes to show you, that many Americans have a different cultural view on things than your country. Sorry, you cant expect everyone of Western countries to have the same interest as your countries'. And who gives a flying fuck what hasselhhoff thinks? Anyway what you need to understand, is just because a genre of music is very different from you favorite kind doesnt mean its not music. Well belive it or not, rap is a very well selling genre because many can enjoy and relate to it. Whether its a guy bragging about his wealth or another talking about his difficult experiences. Again what about people who sing, such as gospels or hyms? they dont use any such instruments, and yet they are able to produce rhytmetic sounds. So again, you are only characterizing yourself as an arrogant narrowminded chump, with your condescending remarks..

Celerystalksme
02-02-2006, 04:46 AM
rap sucks...nuff said!

Adster
02-02-2006, 11:33 PM
lmao Ive done it again!!! arrogant and narrow minded WOOT!!!!!!!

I knew I could bring music world to life again after 3 years

thanks formula 1

Afronaut
02-03-2006, 07:28 AM
hahahhahahaa

:lol:

ps. even the blisters are bigger in my peen than your peens together

pss. i also hatez my peen

pspsssspss ss. /fap

dodgy368
02-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Adster is completely right on this one, Rap is pony.:P

Celerystalksme
02-05-2006, 11:10 AM
hahahhahahaa

:lol:

ps. even the blisters are bigger in my peen than your peens together

pss. i also hatez my peen

pspsssspss ss. /fap

t3h p33n 1uv

Snee
02-06-2006, 08:34 PM

you missed the point

Hasselhoff is just the man to tell good music apart from bad.

"I've been looking for freedom....":pinch:

3RA1N1AC
02-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Hasselhoff is just the man to tell good music apart from bad.
it's huge in germany and australia though, i heard. absolutely HUGE. they love it. hasselhoff's music, i mean. maybe some other countries love it too, but those are the two i mainly hear about. unfortunately americans don't really appreciate how brilliant he is.

kan200
02-12-2006, 03:09 PM
christ this has taken a turn for the surreal since i last looked in, 'hasselhoff'??!!?? last i heard he was working with p diddy to reinvent himself as 'the Hoff' rap superstar! oh the irony. this goes to show how patheticly devoid of real talent the current rap culture in america is at the moment. this isnt to say i think all rap is crap, roots manuva and beastie boys are two examples off the top of my head of talented hip hop artists. as a rule of thumb, commercialy succesful examples of any type of music tend to be shite as more effort has gone into selling it than making it any good. the only example of punk rock i see on mtv or whatever is stuff like mcfly or busted which is why i dont think much of it as a genre. however i'm sure there are some really talented bands but i just dont see them. see my point or am i talking shit again?;)

cpt_azad
02-13-2006, 05:48 AM
i'd like to take this oportunity to apologise to the slipknot and system of a down fans i've dissed and ask they in turn stop taking every chance to take the piss out of techno or dj shadow.lets just get along. peace. :)
1) slipknot has 2 dj's, one who is a techno dj.....why on earth would slipknot fans diss techno fans??? if they do, then they're not real fans

2) soad is all about the message, not the music. dissing em all u want wont make a diff

Celerystalksme
02-13-2006, 02:25 PM
i'd like to take this oportunity to apologise to the slipknot and system of a down fans i've dissed and ask they in turn stop taking every chance to take the piss out of techno or dj shadow.lets just get along. peace. :)
1) slipknot has 2 dj's, one who is a techno dj.....why on earth would slipknot fans diss techno fans??? if they do, then they're not real fans

2) soad is all about the message, not the music. dissing em all u want wont make a diff

Stop fucking bitching about real fans...your worse for dividing a bands fans into real fans and fans who YOU don't think are real. What you think you are better than other fans because you've got all their albums and seen them live a few times, got some underground hardcore shit before they got famous. Fucking spare me...Slipknot aren't the be all and end all anyways.

Plus slipknot isn't techno...its not about what elements are in a band, its the overall sound and Slipknot is not a techno band.

Rap Sucks & Techno Is Gay!

nuff said!

cpt_azad
02-14-2006, 10:02 PM

Stop fucking bitching about real fans...your worse for dividing a bands fans into real fans and fans who YOU don't think are real. What you think you are better than other fans because you've got all their albums and seen them live a few times, got some underground hardcore shit before they got famous. Fucking spare me...Slipknot aren't the be all and end all anyways.

Plus slipknot isn't techno...its not about what elements are in a band, its the overall sound and Slipknot is not a techno band.

nuff said!

how on earth am i "dividing" slipknot's fanbase? I never for one second said slipknot was techno u fuckin douche. I simply stated from a previous post about the stereotypical "slipknot fans hate techno" which is wrong, cuz of the fact that dj starscream (Sid Wilson) is lo and behold, a techno freak. I didnt divide fans whatsoever, i said that if a guy that listens to slipknot says that techno is gay, he is being hypocritical and therefore doesnt understand what slipknot is about. slipknot is a mix of everything just stepped up a notch in case u didnt notice.

and what's w/ u saying i'm better than other fans? underground stuff? wtf?? the closest thing to underground i have is MFKR, which pretty much any slipknot fan has, i like slipknot, but im not a "huge" fan by any means.

3RA1N1AC
02-15-2006, 05:00 AM
HASSELHOFF!!

In 1994, he was scheduled to perform a concert on pay-per-view from Atlantic City. It was supposed to help reignite his singing career in the United States. On the night of his concert, O.J. Simpson was involved in a police chase on the California highway. People who were watching the concert switched over to watch the news. Since then, Hasselhoff has not attempted another concert.

THANK YOU OJ SIMPSON for killing this man's hopes of having a singing career in USA.

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5729/hasslehoffpepsi2im.jpg

Celerystalksme
02-15-2006, 05:32 AM

nuff said!

how on earth am i "dividing" slipknot's fanbase? I never for one second said slipknot was techno u fuckin douche. I simply stated from a previous post about the stereotypical "slipknot fans hate techno" which is wrong, cuz of the fact that dj starscream (Sid Wilson) is lo and behold, a techno freak. I didnt divide fans whatsoever, i said that if a guy that listens to slipknot says that techno is gay, he is being hypocritical and therefore doesnt understand what slipknot is about. slipknot is a mix of everything just stepped up a notch in case u didnt notice.

and what's w/ u saying i'm better than other fans? underground stuff? wtf?? the closest thing to underground i have is MFKR, which pretty much any slipknot fan has, i like slipknot, but im not a "huge" fan by any means.

Backtracking now?

Busyman
02-15-2006, 05:56 AM

you missed the point

Why not get off America's nut sac?

Joe Public doesn't worry about what Australia likes. We have no idea what your top 40 is and don't care. Hip-Hop has taken years to become a powerhouse. I remember when country music was the leading seller over here....probably a little over a decade ago.

Hasselhoff may be bitter because he probably did shit over here. :dry:

I like some rock, very little country, and lots of R&B and hip-hop. Rock can sound like shit sometimes too but that might be punk rock. :unsure: I remember some guy posted some of his own music on here and everyone that commented said the music wasn't too good but his voice was spot on.

I thought his voice sounded like some disunmiscomprehensible rasping devil crap and the music was.....aaiiiight.

Shows what I know about the genre. :idunno:

cpt_azad
02-15-2006, 08:29 AM

Backtracking now?

how so?

GepperRankins
02-15-2006, 03:55 PM
hating genres is even gayer than saying people aren't real fans :snooty:

Formula1
02-15-2006, 08:28 PM
CeleryStalk has proved once again, that reading his posts is like smelling the odor released from cow manure.

And by the way slipknot only has one dJ, the other guy (craig) is a sampler...

I like some rock, very little country, and lots of R&B and hip-hop. Rock can sound like shit sometimes too but that might be punk rock. I remember some guy posted some of his own music on here and everyone that commented said the music wasn't too good but his voice was spot on.

I thought his voice sounded like some disunmiscomprehensible rasping devil crap and the music was.....aaiiiight.

Shows what I know about the genre.

QFT

GepperRankins
02-15-2006, 08:43 PM
a sampler? does that mean he listens to a sound then says it over and over again :smilie4:

cpt_azad
02-15-2006, 11:56 PM
a sampler? does that mean he listens to a sound then says it over and over again :smilie4:
yes and no. I usually refer to him as a DJ, but ya Formula1 is right, Craig is a sampler. He does most of the intros to the songs, and adds in the effects that just wouldnt make slipknot what it is. Perfect example is Prelude 3.0 from their last album.

edit: he also controls the effects for BOTH guitars, if u ever watched a concert for slipknot, u'll notice that the guitarists dont have foot controllers/pedals, Craig takes care of all the effects (example: Wah-effect, certain vibrato effects, distortion, etc.)

GepperRankins
02-16-2006, 12:14 AM
yes and no. I usually refer to him as a DJ, but ya Formula1 is right, Craig is a sampler. He does most of the intros to the songs, and adds in the effects that just wouldnt make slipknot what it is. Perfect example is Prelude 3.0 from their last album.

edit: he also controls the effects for BOTH guitars, if u ever watched a concert for slipknot, u'll notice that the guitarists dont have foot controllers/pedals, Craig takes care of all the effects (example: Wah-effect, certain vibrato effects, distortion, etc.)
oh right, i got confused. i was thinking of the hardware. yeah, i suppose sampler is the best way to describe his job

Busyman
02-16-2006, 06:02 AM

They call that a sampler?

He sounds like the "effects guy".

3RA1N1AC
02-16-2006, 11:14 AM
why is Slipknot mentioned like every couple of days in the music forum anyway. is azad like the Chicago Bears Superfan... of Slipknot??? :D

Afronaut
02-16-2006, 11:28 AM
why is Slipknot mentioned like every couple of days in the music forum anyway. is azad like the Chicago Bears Superfan... of Slipknot??? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: