PDA

View Full Version : Great occasions for Chinese today... Yet..

hanashian
01-29-2006, 05:43 AM
Does anyone celebrate New Year like they do for the Christmas?? Cultural exchange here.. hehe :P Coz i m not in the mood to celebrate any of these great occasions. Kinda like an outgroup.. Maybe everyday are just another day for me.. Weird postings, hope u guys dont mind!!:)

hobbes
01-29-2006, 05:57 AM
Does anyone celebrate New Year like they do for the Christmas?? Cultural exchange here.. hehe :P Coz i m not in the mood to celebrate any of these great occasions. Kinda like an outgroup.. Maybe everyday are just another day for me.. Weird postings, hope u guys dont mind!!:)

internet.news?

openly, I ask.

hanashian
01-29-2006, 06:05 AM
Sure, i do like to. Sorry, but i can't provide u any.I m more used to hear the news from the others.. haha..:P not rili good at diggin out those updated news. But i love to know it, n where u ppl got those news. HOnestly:)

Dark Steno
01-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Happy Chinese New Year!

Not that I celebrate it but I got my mid-semester break for a week.

Gripper
01-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Year of the dog it is,my sister in laws birthday..coincedence..I think not:shifty:

hanashian
01-30-2006, 05:41 AM
Year of the dog it is,my sister in laws birthday..coincedence..I think not:shifty:

My 16th birthday happened on the same day as first day of Chinese New Year 2002 too... N ppl just got busy celebrating the New Year but not my birthday :( haha... Not a big deal anyway, just that ppl make it special as it is their date of birth.. hehe.. I did heard from the folks sayin that if your 18th birthday happen on the same day as the Chinese New Year, then u would be having alot of good luck n u r someone special. Again, it's a myth.. But interesting huh?:)

Gripper
01-30-2006, 09:51 AM

My 16th birthday happened on the same day as first day of Chinese New Year 2002 too... N ppl just got busy celebrating the New Year but not my birthday :( haha... Not a big deal anyway, just that ppl make it special as it is their date of birth.. hehe.. I did heard from the folks sayin that if your 18th birthday happen on the same day as the Chinese New Year, then u would be having alot of good luck n u r someone special. Again, it's a myth.. But interesting huh?:)
I like mystic stuff so yeah,interesting.
Are you chinese?
I was born under the sign of the Dragon,that's meant to be lucky I've heard.

Barbarossa
01-30-2006, 11:19 AM
The Chinese lady at work who does the payroll brought it lashings and lashings of home-made Chinese food for the Chinese New Year one day last week.

I love the Chinese New Year! :01:

Dark Steno
01-30-2006, 12:29 PM
I like mystic stuff so yeah,interesting.
Are you chinese?
I was born under the sign of the Dragon,that's meant to be lucky I've heard.
Mine is rat. :w00t: