PDA

View Full Version : Windows Xp Home

Livy
01-29-2006, 07:47 PM
whats the difference between oem, retail and VLM
im also lloking of somewhere to download xp home.
i have a legit key an everything but my laptop came with install cd's instead of a windows disk so i dont have one.
cheers,

Seedler
01-29-2006, 10:38 PM
why use home?

find a windows xp pro corp torrent and download it.

You don't even need a cd-key for xp pro corp.

Virtualbody1234
01-29-2006, 10:58 PM
why use home?

Yes you do. XP corp needs a key. Just doesn't require activation.

twisterX
01-30-2006, 12:27 AM
i dont think you could download the home version. Noone bothers sharing that becuase you could just as easily get the pro and its better.

Seedler
01-30-2006, 01:17 AM
why use home?

Sorry, no activation is what I meant because you can just grab a key off google.

Livy
01-30-2006, 01:37 AM
there isnt really much difference between the two, and i wanted home so i have a legit key for windows update etc and other ms downloads that you have to validate your windows. since i ahve the legit key, just no windows cd.

i managed to find a torrent with about 8 versions as iso's so im just downloading the xp home sp2 oem iso within it.

tesco
01-30-2006, 07:28 PM

Sorry, no activation is what I meant because you can just grab a key off google.
If you do that windows update and service packs aren't going to work...
Find a good SP2 key.:P

Seedler
01-31-2006, 04:03 AM

Updates and all SPs work fine with the cracked win xp pro corp version. The PRO CORP version has the option of disabling Windows Activation in IE, so you can get all those updates even with a cracked key.

You don't need a good valid key for Win xp PRO corp...damn legit software, who needs them:cool2:

Virtualbody1234
01-31-2006, 04:37 AM

Updates and all SPs work fine with the cracked win xp pro corp version. The PRO CORP version has the option of disabling Windows Activation in IE, so you can get all those updates even with a cracked key.

You don't need a good valid key for Win xp PRO corp...damn legit software, who needs them:cool2:
You keep providing inacurate information.

It's in IE>Tools>Manage Add-ons...>disable Windows Genuine Advantage.