PDA

View Full Version : Can I Burn This Copy Of Xp Pro To A Cd

hammermaff
04-22-2003, 08:20 AM
I've just d/lded this version of xp pro, on the search (it had about 1250 users so i presume it's o.k.)

Here's the unzipped content.

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2280760.jpg

Being new to this can any one help me. Is it possible to burn this to a cd so i can save & install when needed, or do i have to install direct from the hard drive? If this is the case how do i go about doing that?
1) Is it possible to create a new partition on my hd.
without formatting every thing else?

2) How would i do this?

3) can i just install over my current verion of xp
home, without losing all of my other
programmes/files?

I know it might sound totally stupid, but like i said i am completely new to this(please go easy on me!)

The reason i'm asking all of this is because my current version is running like a pig, i can't re-install it because it was pre installed when i bought my pc. and i don't have an install disc (piss taking w@nkers!!!) so if something goes wrong i'm basically Knackered.

any help would be very much appreciated

Many thanks!
Maff

Ad
04-22-2003, 11:01 AM
i think you will be able to upgrade from home to corp but dont count me in ive never done it before

spudlover
04-22-2003, 11:14 AM
Ermm.. from the files/folders I see there.. that looks like Office XP .. not XP the OS.

hammermaff
04-22-2003, 11:32 AM
I think you are correct spudlover.

Thanks verymuch for all of your help!

most appreciated!

Maff

Got_brains?
04-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Yes, you can make new partitions without formatting everything else. I believe there is a prog "partition magic" I also believe you can make a msdos boot disk and do it from the prompt.

Try searching on google "new partition" or something like that.

Good luck!

hammermaff
04-22-2003, 11:37 AM
@ got_ memory?

Thanks for the info i'll try that!

Maff

ijc_2003
04-22-2003, 02:31 PM
burn it using nero pick iso and tick option no multisession then burn. simple
i personally just use the copier that comes with xp etc send all files to my copier and burn it
never had a problem. also you have got office xp not windows xp looking @ that picture.