PDA

View Full Version : Lurkers, please post!

j2k4
02-01-2006, 10:35 PM
How many of you lurk (read but don't post) because you are not comfortable with your english usage/ability?

I think we need to clarify this, and for a variety of reasons...the forum seems to be growing nicely (after an somewhat mysterious and annoying period of stagnation), but we still have an overwhelming percentage of lurkers.

Guillaume
02-01-2006, 10:38 PM
How many of you lurk (read but don't post) because you are not comfortable with your english usage/ability.
They're not uncomfortable, they're afraid of the spelling police. :ph34r:

That or they're just waiting to be authorised to ask for torrent sites invites.

Lilmiss
02-01-2006, 10:39 PM
i'm gonna lurk in here while i'm out.
multitaskin' rawks. :01:

j2k4
02-01-2006, 10:50 PM
They're not uncomfortable, they're afraid of the spelling police. :ph34r:

In other words, they need manker-immunity? :D

Seriously, I think he'd be inclined to be helpful, for the most part; we only pick on those who should know better.

Aaron_T
02-01-2006, 10:53 PM
its a shame that you need to have a degree in english langauge to be able to post here :dabs:

maybe the forum would have more members if this wasnt the case :(

j2k4
02-01-2006, 10:56 PM
its a shame that you need to have a degree in english langauge to be able to post here :dabs:

That would make this thread an effort to address the problem, then, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

JPaul
02-01-2006, 11:42 PM
for the most part; we only pick on those who should know better.
You mean like "an somewhat mysterious and annoying period of stagnation".

I couldn't agree morely.

JPaul
02-01-2006, 11:45 PM

No, you just have to be a non-tit.

Why are you still posting btw.

Buffalo
02-01-2006, 11:48 PM

Chill Mr.T

have a wank!

JPaul
02-01-2006, 11:52 PM

Chill Mr.T

have a wank!
Very kind offer.

Are you going to borrow Busboy's wank pit, or just find a mutually agreeable spot.

Buffalo
02-01-2006, 11:59 PM
http://www.sheringhamsurf.com/fst/MR-T.jpg

The Mr T stats are not looking good ~ +4% on his last discharge

j2k4
02-02-2006, 12:46 AM
for the most part; we only pick on those who should know better.
You mean like "an somewhat mysterious and annoying period of stagnation".

I couldn't agree morely.

See?

It's obscure words like that driving off noobs and intimidating lurkers...:P

Guillaume
02-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Maybe we should ask Rookie to put a sign in big bold letters on the front page. Something in the lines of "Noobs, don't be afraid of JPaul. The apple-soaked anal retentive grammaticaster gruff thing is just a façade.

As for manker, don't trust him, he works in a bank and will probably try to sell you a mortgage."

:lookaroun

j2k4
02-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Maybe we should ask Rookie to put a sign in big bold letters on the front page. Something in the lines of "Noobs, don't be afraid of JPaul. The apple-soaked anal retentive grammaticaster gruff thing is just a façade.

As for manker, don't trust him, he works in a bank and will probably try to sell you a mortgage."

:lookaroun

Aye...pin all that, eh?

Aaron_T
02-02-2006, 01:19 AM

No, you just have to be a non-tit.

Why are you still posting btw.

i ask myself that very question mate, i think the only reason i come here at all is to keep up with your amazing threads and posts, they really do get me through the day :naughty:

HCT
02-02-2006, 01:40 AM
im one if them, but mostly because i dont understand(the use of different english)

Aaron_T
02-02-2006, 02:23 AM
:naughty: i salute you :w00t:

twisterX
02-02-2006, 03:21 AM
ok i posted. do i get a cookie. :huh:

Busyman
02-02-2006, 03:50 AM
I would tell lurkers that the grammar police are just a different typa geek.

How cool is the English teacher? :dabs:

Lurkers keep in mind that the grammar police make grammatikul errorrs just like everyone else.

They just google and proofread their posts meticulously.

Also the grammar police tend to be bratish and other 'peons. (think 'peans, grammar police)
Hey every part of the world needs something to call fun.:happy:

maebach
02-02-2006, 03:58 AM
I see. Our english teachers are weird.

Busyman
02-02-2006, 04:04 AM
I see. Our english teachers are weird.
There are a few somewhat cool ones but they are still booger flickers.

Cheese
02-02-2006, 04:23 AM

The coolest.:schnauz:

Busyman
02-02-2006, 04:34 AM

The coolest.:schnauz:
:P

Dark Steno
02-02-2006, 05:08 AM
Definition of lurker?

twisterX
02-02-2006, 05:09 AM
A lurker is someone that follows the forum but doesn’t post.

courtesy of urbandictionary.com :P

JPaul
02-02-2006, 08:31 AM
I would tell lurkers that the grammar police are just a different typa geek.

Lurkers keep in mind that the grammar police make grammatikul errorrs just like everyone else.

They just google and proofread their posts meticulously.

Also the grammar police tend to be bratish and other 'peons. (think 'peans, grammar police)
Hey every part of the world needs something to call fun.:happy:

My favourite bit is when you put deliberate mistakes in posts like that. To cover the real mistakes you make. It's actually quite cute.

Gripper
02-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Yeah wot 'e sed:stupid:

Dark Steno
02-02-2006, 10:04 AM
A lurker is someone that follows the forum but doesn’t post.

courtesy of urbandictionary.com :P
Doesnt post? lol :D

hobbes
02-03-2006, 02:53 AM

Again we see people ignoring the "subjunctive mood".

A verb is in the subjunctive mood when it expresses a condition which is doubtful or not factual. It is most often found in a clause beginning with the word "if". It is also found in clauses following a verb that expresses a doubt, a wish, regret, request, demand, or proposal.

When one makes a statement contrary to fact, one must use a conditional form of the verb, such as "weren't".

Don't worry about the grammar police here, they are just the rent-a cops of the grammar police.

I have seen such deplorable use of this mood, even among the "cognoscenti" of this forum, that I deem them all grammarian wannabes.

Aaron_T
02-03-2006, 01:28 PM

Again we see people ignoring the "subjunctive mood".

A verb is in the subjunctive mood when it expresses a condition which is doubtful or not factual. It is most often found in a clause beginning with the word "if". It is also found in clauses following a verb that expresses a doubt, a wish, regret, request, demand, or proposal.

When one makes a statement contrary to fact, one must use a conditional form of the verb, such as "weren't".

Don't worry about the grammar police here, they are just the rent-a cops of the grammar police.

I have seen such deplorable use of this mood, even among the "cognoscenti" of this forum, that I deem them all grammarian wannabes.

what? :dabs:

Barbarossa
02-03-2006, 01:33 PM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6266/whoosh8zb.gif

Busyman
02-03-2006, 01:46 PM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6266/whoosh8zb.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one!!!;)