PDA

View Full Version : IE 7 bugs abound

peat moss
02-02-2006, 06:55 AM
People didn't lose any time in finding bugs in the latest preview release of Internet Explorer 7.

It's been but a day since Microsoft publicly released a test version of Internet Explorer 7, but Internet news groups and blogs are already teeming with bug reports. Also, one security researcher claims he found a security vulnerability in the new Web browser.

Issues reported several times include compatibility problems with McAfee security software and trouble installing the browser due to unnamed anti-spyware and antivirus tools. Some testers also said using certain features or surfing to specific Web sites caused the browser to hang or crash.

:source: Source: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6034054.html
:view: Homepage: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/default.mspx

Damnatory
02-02-2006, 07:12 AM
Haha, what a shock! :dry:

peat moss
02-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Haha, what a shock! :dry:

Only a day old too ! :O

zapjb
02-02-2006, 07:36 AM
This is beta, that's why the bugs. When it goes final. That's the test.

Besides imo there's only 1 browser worth using. It's not discovering on the web. It doesn't display a brilliant cunning. It's a creative work, especially a musical composition numbered to designate the order of a composer's works.:pimp:

RealitY
02-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Couldnt get the beta to even open although I may have to try this after I do a backup of course...

SeK612
02-02-2006, 02:11 PM
It looks pretty clean and runs well. I have read a bit about it not being that stable in terms of things like css rendering but I doubt that would worry a typical user.

Busyman
02-02-2006, 04:06 PM
It looks pretty clean and runs well. I have read a bit about it not being that stable in terms of things like css rendering but I doubt that would worry a typical user.
Works fine for me.

Of course Beta 1 was a total piece of shit.

tesco
02-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Won't install for me 'cause of my key.
Microsoft wants to be the leader in web browser? And they won't let me install it? Fine. :lol:

By-Tor
02-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Microsoft wants to be the leader in web browser? And they won't let me install it? Fine. :lol:
Same here. They can keep their beta then! :P

twisterX
02-02-2006, 07:58 PM

yea sucks for them. i also couldt install it. :D

Busyman
02-02-2006, 08:04 PM
What's wrong with your key?

Busyman
02-02-2006, 08:07 PM

yea sucks for them. i also couldt install it. :D
It sucks for them that they won't let you use their new beta browser on pirated software.

Makes sense now. Mmthanks.

RealitY
02-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Ive installed and it seems clean although a few settings Im stiill trying to get right...