PDA

View Full Version : Horrible speeds! need help badly!

Delorean
02-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Alright my brother just baught a new pc and i had to share the connection with him.. so we have established a router..

The sites load quickly but the torrents get extremely low speeds!!!

I have an 1Mb DSL and i use utorrent.. I download from Filelist pisexy and torrentleech and i usually get 40-60 KB/s with Zone Alarm on

Now i have 2 downloads going from filelist and i barely get 5KB/s of download speed as a total!!!!!:blink: :(

Any ideas guys???

dodgy368
02-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Alright my brother just baught a new pc and i had to share the connection with him.. so we have established a router..

The sites load quickly but the torrents get extremely low speeds!!!

I have an 1Mb DSL and i use utorrent.. I download from Filelist pisexy and torrentleech and i usually get 40-60 KB/s with Zone Alarm on

Now i have 2 downloads going from filelist and i barely get 5KB/s of download speed as a total!!!!!:blink: :(

Any ideas guys???

Is your brother downloading something as well?

What speed are you uploading at?(if it's at max this would affect d/l speed)

Have you forwarded the right ports?

mikeco
02-02-2006, 11:37 PM
it realy dapends on if ur brother is downloading or uploading while ur downloading.

just download at night or something or tell him 2 stop downloading when u want to.

and ur better off downloading from a webserver rather than from p2p, as it can change at any time :lol:

mufaa
02-03-2006, 08:38 AM
As u have set up a router between ur computers, u have to forward the ports used by bittorrent. Thats what is resulting in low speed.

Aaron_T
02-03-2006, 11:30 AM
As u have set up a router between ur computers, u have to forward the ports used by bittorrent. Thats what is resulting in low speed.

even with my ports forwarded i have trouble runningm certain torrent clients, i find that utorrent works the best.

mufaa
02-03-2006, 02:00 PM
in uTorrent, check if u have Nat Error displayed in the status bar. if it shows NAT Error then ur ports forward arent working. if it shows Network OK that mean everything is fine.

Delorean
02-03-2006, 02:17 PM
No my brother is not downloading anything nor uploading..I have already limited my upload.

I do have the NAT error.. how can i forward the ports to my router?

Aaron_T
02-03-2006, 02:28 PM
what kind of router is it, model and make.

Delorean
02-03-2006, 02:54 PM
ok its a micronet router

its model i think is SP888C i'm not sure if this is the model..

ilikechikin
02-04-2006, 04:00 AM
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Micronet/SP888B/SP888Bindex.htm

that should help forwarding the ports. it's for model b, if you have c it shouldn't be very different at all.

Delorean
02-04-2006, 05:12 AM
Actually its very different but i manage to find and forward the ports!:)
The NAT error is gone..
The speeds have increased so i'm fine now..
Thx a lot guys. :)

mufaa
02-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Great! enjoy downloading! lol.

Anhue
02-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Actually its very different but i manage to find and forward the ports!:)
The NAT error is gone..
The speeds have increased so i'm fine now..
Thx a lot guys. :)

¿how you do it? I'm need some help too. I can't configure my Micronet SP888C to use eMule Plus.:frusty:

Delorean
02-24-2006, 10:05 PM
http://www.portforward.com/
ok this site wil help you a lot!

Click on "common ports" as soon sa you get into the site and search for Emule.(after you have found Micronet sp888B router)
The list is on alphabetical order so this shouldn't be a problem! Then just follow the instractions.
Keep in mind that you first need to make a static ip! the site includes info on how to do this! Good luck!

Anhue
02-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah. I've seen this site before, but the menus it's so different. I don't understand where must I go to configure it. You have the same router. Please tell me more. Thanks

P.D: Sorry for my bad english. I don't speak it so well...