PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Madness

JPaul
02-02-2006, 10:08 PM
I phoned O2 today (UK Mobile supplier) to change Mrs JP from monthly contract to pay per view. The phone's in my name so they need me to phone. The lad said to me, rather than do that I can offer you a more appropriate contract. Mrs JP said "No, I just want to go to the pay as you go option". I suggested she listen to the fella, as it sounded like a good deal to me. She grudgingly agreed to this

Years contract - 100 minutes and 100 txt messages per month for £0. Yup no payment for the contract and nothing per month. The lad even gave us his full name, ext, managers name and ext to convince us that he wasn't joshing. As this allowance is more than her current use we took it.

I asked the chap to explain the business sense of this and he explained it thusly.

1. It costs them about £150 in admin to make the change.

2. They realized that they were losing customers and set up a "Retention Dept" which is who I was talking to.

3. They normally give such a deals to people who are paying for a handset, so get the full (non contract reduced) price for the phone.

4. I was a good spud and they wanted to keep my custom, therefore he offered me the deal, sans purchase of new handset.

So that's the phone free for a year - result.

Lilmiss
02-02-2006, 10:12 PM
nice. :happy:

don't suppose you could call NTL for me?

DanB
02-02-2006, 10:14 PM
NTL are wankers and they're customer service is pants, I've had enough problems with them in the 8 months i've been their customer

JPaul
02-02-2006, 10:19 PM
NTL are wankers and they're customer service is pants, I've had enough problems with them in the 8 months i've been their customer
I find them OK, but then I've got a direct debit which pays them the price of a reasonable 3 bed semi every month. For this I expect good service.

Most recent dealings

Me - two boxes are fucked, fix them.

Them - Tomorrow pm OK

Me - I s'pose so.

The next day, 2 new boxes supplied, installed, activated and checked. They actually look better as well, which is nice.

Lilmiss
02-02-2006, 10:22 PM
yup, ntl suck.

even though they has assured me i could have broadband through them, they turned up and after an hour of fooking about said the cable didn't run past my flat and couldn't have it.

i had to take 3/4 of day off work because they were late too.they had already taken £60 odd from my acc, and refuse to give it back saying it's a bank default.

i'm now still receiving calls from them about how i'm enjoying their service, to which they receive a few choice words, yet i still get the friggin' calls. :fist:

oh, and i keep getting red letters.
though last time i called the swines they put me on hold for 10 mins. i hung up. :no:

//end rant. :unsure:

DanB
02-02-2006, 10:24 PM
I find them OK, but then I've got a direct debit which pays them the price of a reasonable 3 bed semi every month. For this I expect good service.

Most recent dealings

Me - two boxes are fucked, fix them.

Them - Tomorrow pm OK

Me - I s'pose so.

The next day, 2 new boxes supplied, installed, activated and checked. They actually look better as well, which is nice.

Nice.

I lose TV service at random times which infuriates me, admittedly i always pay their bil a month behind though

Proper Bo
02-02-2006, 10:27 PM
well i've got 4mb interweb and digital telly with telewest for £20 a month and it rawks:snooty:

JPaul
02-02-2006, 10:28 PM
well i've got 4mb interweb and digital telly with telewest for £20 a month and it rawks:snooty:
NTL are buying Telewest. Fact

DanB
02-02-2006, 10:29 PM
I pay liek £45 a month for 2mb and a wanky tv package :frusty:

I would have gone for Telewest but although they advertise in my area and thier vans' drive about my area they don't offer their services in my area.

DanB
NTL are buying Telewest. Fact

:lol: you'll soon see Bo

Lilmiss
i bought 12 Birds Eye waffles today, and got another 12 free. :smug:

DanB
02-02-2006, 10:30 PM
They're waffley versatile

JPaul
02-02-2006, 10:31 PM
They're waffley versatile
:lol:

Only if it's Birds Eye Potato Waffles.

Lilmiss
02-02-2006, 10:33 PM
they sure are. :happy:

DanB
02-02-2006, 10:38 PM
w00t all round then :w00t:

JPaul
02-02-2006, 11:45 PM
w00t all round then :w00t:
Top w00tage FTW.

GepperRankins
02-03-2006, 12:52 AM
so if i tell them i want to move my phone number onto another network because it's cheaper. they might put me on a free contract to save themselves money? :smilie4:

Peerzy
02-04-2006, 10:43 PM
I phoned up Vodaphone a while ago and also wanted to change to PAYG cause £25 a month for free calls i wasn't using was teh suck. They offered me 200minutes and 200 texts a month for £2.99 for a year. Thats double my old contract for like a 10th of the price.

Companies don't want customers to change, even if its to a different service for them so from now on i don't accept any contract with anyone unless their getting skanked.

JPaul
02-04-2006, 10:59 PM
so if i tell them i want to move my phone number onto another network because it's cheaper. they might put me on a free contract to save themselves money? :smilie4:
Oh yes, yes indeed

See also Peerzy's anecdotal evidence.

Gripper
02-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Noice

Peerzy
02-12-2006, 05:32 AM
If they don't say anything and agree to cut you off just hang up, they don't have your infomation to cut you off yet so just redial, get put through to another person and try again, nothing to lose.

twisterX
02-12-2006, 06:48 AM
damn thats cool.