PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park, by Michael Crichton.

worldpease
02-04-2006, 01:23 AM
I finished reading Jurassic Park, the book by Michael Crichton
and I must say, I didn't expected it to be much better than the movie and
also with a very diferent plot.
Currently Im on page 124 of The Lost World.

I never was much of a book reader untill recently,
this kind of books can be very entertaining, and I find it refreshing, is like
watching a movie, but more detailed, and long.

I wonder if 'The Andromeda Strain', is as Jp.

MagicNakor
02-04-2006, 12:36 PM
The Andromeda Strain was a fun read. Never saw a film version of it though... However, the film version of Sphere was simply dreadful.

:shuriken:

Gripper
02-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Try Timeline...FTW :01:and Prey, both by Crichton

LikesWine
02-09-2006, 02:55 AM
The Andromeda Strain is not like JP. It is an excellent read though, if a little outdated.

Other authors you can check out would be Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child...starting with The Relic or James Rollins. (Yes I know Rollins is a little cliched, but his books are entertaining and good light reading)

Snee
02-09-2006, 03:03 AM
I thought the book was much better too.

But then, something pretty much always goes missing when a movie is turned into a book.

j2k4
02-23-2006, 03:01 AM
The Andromeda Strain was a fun read. Never saw a film version of it though... However, the film version of Sphere was simply dreadful.

It exists, MN.

Pretty good flick, if a bit dry.

erRor67
03-01-2006, 04:41 AM
All of Crichton's books are great. Ive read most of his books.. Anyone read his latest? State of Fear? The book is so freaken long. And the first third is setting everything up. You dont start the actual plot till after :lol:

Skiz
03-01-2006, 10:17 AM
If you've become an avid reader, try The Charm School. GREAT BOOK!

j2k4
03-01-2006, 11:02 AM
All of Crichton's books are great. Ive read most of his books.. Anyone read his latest? State of Fear? The book is so freaken long. And the first third is setting everything up. You dont start the actual plot till after :lol:

Many people are afraid to read it because of the things it questions.

Global warming enthusiasts, especially.

Skizo-

Nelson Demille cannot write a bad book.

peat moss
03-02-2006, 04:39 AM
I even liked Congo , his books are a good read not surprising so many have made it to the big screen . I wish I had more time for reading tho .

MagicNakor
03-02-2006, 05:36 PM
The Hot Zone, while not by Michael Crichton, is thematically similiar to The Andromeda Strain, and if I'm recalling correctly (it's been a few Long Islands :P), was a much more entertaining read.

Rudeboy2025
03-27-2006, 09:29 PM
He is a great author although I never got around to reading Airframe and Rising Sun. It didn't interest me for some reason.

Mashtaga
06-17-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm a big fan of Crichton, too. I collected all his books on my site and strongly recommend anyone to read them all. They really worth it.

http://nowhereman.alfaspace.net/texts/crichton.html

hisamrain
06-22-2006, 03:00 AM
The Andromeda Strain was a fun read

Illusionz
09-12-2006, 06:57 AM
Yes, in an age of appallingly ill-informed writers who churn out sensational and mind-numbing fiction, Crichton stands tall as an author who actually knows what he is writing about.

Has anyone read the article 'THIS ESSAY BREAKS THE LA (http://www.crichton-official.com/)W' published in the NYT?

j2k4
09-12-2006, 09:46 AM
YCrichton stands tall as an author who actually knows what he is writing about.

Quite literally tall, too; he is 6'9".