JPaul
02-04-2006, 02:55 PM
France
England
Wales
Ireland
Scotland
Italy

I hope I'm wrong, obviousement, but I think that's a realistic final table.

muzzip
02-05-2006, 03:22 AM
i don't think so. But that's good for your opinion

DanB
02-05-2006, 09:58 AM
England 47 Wales 13 :01:

JPaul
02-05-2006, 10:18 AM
i don't think so. But that's good for your opinion
Why thank you.

Do you have an opinion at all, or did you just want to say that mine was wrong.

DanB
02-05-2006, 03:28 PM
nice try for the Scots :01:

JPaul
02-05-2006, 04:55 PM
We beat the French.

And we deserved the win.

Fan-Tastic

Guillaume
02-05-2006, 04:56 PM
And we deserved the win.
Exactly.

Congrats.

Biggles
02-05-2006, 05:03 PM
We beat the French.

And we deserved the win.

Fan-Tastic

It looks like it is going to be one of "those" six nations.

:01: for the lads tho! They really dug in at the end.

The French are a really good side - I wouldn't like to get them next after their coach has had a go at them :ph34r:

Who does get them next?

Guillaume
02-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Ireland, saturday.

JPaul
02-05-2006, 05:51 PM
And we deserved the win.
Exactly.

Congrats.
Merci, mon ami.

manker
02-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Well, fancy that! Well done the Scotch.

Practically all of the 'experts' were tipping France for the Grand Slam, even after watching England's demolition job on Saturday.

This augers well for a cracking Six Nations - altho' maybe not from my point of view. Scotland will be very difficult to beat in Cardiff with their tails up and I can't see France slipping up against us in Paris.

However, I'm really looking forward to the Scotland Vs England clash at Murrayfield in a couple of weeks time - 'mon the Jocks :01:

JPaul
02-06-2006, 07:14 PM
To be honest if we can give them a decent game I'll be happy.

DanB
02-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Could this be a great comeback by Ireland ???

JPaul
02-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Could this be a great comeback by Ireland ???
Nearly.

It was a game of two halves.

DanB
02-11-2006, 03:37 PM
It certainly was, whatever the Irish manager said at half time really worked.

35 mins till the England game, guess I should start getting ready to go to the pub :01:

JPaul
02-11-2006, 04:12 PM

35 mins till the England game, guess I should start getting ready to go to the pub :01:
Have a good time, I suspect you will be scoring a brazillian points.

Biggles
02-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Ireland were a tad unfortunate in the end. They were not far away from pulling off an incredible win.

What a game!

Cheese
02-11-2006, 05:24 PM

35 mins till the England game, guess I should start getting ready to go to the pub :01: Have a good time, I suspect you will be scoring a brazillian points.

Not really. Just watched the first half with manker and then he had to run off to watch the Man Utd game. Should be an interesting second half.

Biggles
02-11-2006, 05:26 PM

I must confess to thinking similar - who would have bet on one point in it at the hour mark?

I expect England will have enough to pull way in the last third of the game.

Cheese
02-11-2006, 05:28 PM
*cough*

JPaul
02-11-2006, 05:30 PM

I must confess to thinking similar - who would have bet on one point in it at the hour mark?

Looks like a good call 9 - 17 now.

Eye ties appear to be tyre ring.

Biggles
02-11-2006, 07:17 PM

16 - 31 with a late, late try by England to make it look more comfortable than it was.

I hope Italy are knackered by the time we play them - they seem pretty good this year. :ph34r:

JPaul
02-11-2006, 08:49 PM

16 - 31 with a late, late try by England to make it look more comfortable than it was.

I hope Italy are knackered by the time we play them - they seem pretty good this year. :ph34r:
They are definitely improving. I thought Engerland would win at a canter. Particliarly after the Wales game.

JPaul
02-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Congrats to the Welsh, pity the game was spoilt by the sending off.

Biggles
02-12-2006, 10:38 PM

Oh Pants!

I think the sending of was a tad harsh too - Gough had him pinned to the ground nowhere near the ball. Both sin binned for 10 minutes would have been fairer.

Thought the effort from the lads was huge though - 60 minutes with 14 men and only 10 points in it - pretty damned heroic. I had visions of doom when Scott was sent off. The mood was quite buoyant in the pub by the end (although that could have been the beer)

JPaul
02-14-2006, 09:18 PM

Oh Pants!

I think the sending of was a tad harsh too - Gough had him pinned to the ground nowhere near the ball. Both sin binned for 10 minutes would have been fairer.

Thought the effort from the lads was huge though - 60 minutes with 14 men and only 10 points in it - pretty damned heroic. I had visions of doom when Scott was sent off. The mood was quite buoyant in the pub by the end (although that could have been the beer)
:D :drunk:

It definitely ended on a high and there are still a lot of positive things to take from the match. Not least the spirit shown.

I think most people agreed the sending off a bit harsh and that he wasn't that type of chap. A nanoseconds madness, just a human being being a human being.

Biggles
02-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Only a three week ban :01: Pity about the England game though :( Perhaps Nathan will reconsider now that the coach has changed.

Clearly the panel thought the referee a tad heavy handed.

manker
02-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the congrats.

I have to say that with our forward dominance and, to be fair, back division superiority - I think we'd have won by a similar margin even if the, unlucky, Murray had stayed on the pitch.

That's all been superseded now by the unexpected resignation of our coach.

I've heard today that Mike Ruddock was on a third of the salary that Steve Hanson (previous coach) was taking home. Absolutely scandalous that was the case ten months on from our first Grand Slam in 27 years.

The WRU wanted to drag negotiations on til the end of the Six Nations and the rumour is that after the drubbing by England, had intimated he wasn't going to get even half of what Hanson was on.

They have treated him appallingly.

The 'family reasons' for his demise will only last as long as this Six Nations tournament. I'm sure Mike Ruddock will be back in a big way with a huge job shortly. Maybe back at the Wales helm once the rubbish, like WRU chief exec Steve Lewis, has been cleared away.

It's a damn shame.

Biggles
02-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Was shocked at Ruddocks departure. I would have thought after a Grand Slam he was set up for life tenure. The RUs of all the home nations seem to have built in self destruct buttons.

So you would recommend that Scotland play with 14 men for all matches? :lol:

I think it made a difference. The game was evening out nicely with only 4 points in it when he was sent off. The Scottish scrum did ok for the rest of the match even wheeling and taking the put-in in the second half. Both sets of backs threw the ball around beautifully and made it an exciting match. I thought Wales were over-elaborate a couple of times and the two fairly clear forward passes were just wasteful. However, Scotland dropped the ball on the final pass to the try line twice. The final match stats were impressive with Scotland slightly head on both possession and territory. An extra man would have come in handy both at the line out and in defence. That said, it could still have been Wales' match. It was that sort of game.

I was content at the end because I thought the guys had really tried and never let their heads go down.

manker
02-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Was shocked at Ruddocks departure. I would have thought after a Grand Slam he was set up for life tenure. The RUs of all the home nations seem to have built in self destruct buttons.

So you would recommend that Scotland play with 14 men for all matches? :lol:

I think it made a difference. The game was evening out nicely with only 4 points in it when he was sent off. The Scottish scrum did ok for the rest of the match even wheeling and taking the put-in in the second half. Both sets of backs threw the ball around beautifully and made it an exciting match. I thought Wales were over-elaborate a couple of times and the two fairly clear forward passes were just wasteful. However, Scotland dropped the ball on the final pass to the try line twice. The final match stats were impressive with Scotland slightly head on both possession and territory. An extra man would have come in handy both at the line out and in defence. That said, it could still have been Wales' match. It was that sort of game.

I was content at the end because I thought the guys had really tried and never let their heads go down.I think psychology comes into it a lot when a player gets sent off in rugby - more so than in football. When Wales were down to 14 for 10 minutes against England in the second half - we didn't concede a point, but when Martyn Williams came back on, England scored tries.

When Murray got sent off, the Scots on the field visibly upped their game to a man - I could see by the tactics (kicking to the corner instead of opting for the three points, throwing the ball around with gay abandon) that the Welsh team thought/knew they had it won.

We play attacking rugby - but seldom to that extent.

The spoiling tactics you mentioned that were implemented by the Scots in the scrum were inevitable but had Murray stayed on the pitch, tight forward play would have been a much greater factor and the forward superiority I mentioned would have been much more evident.

I know it sounds mad but had the guy not been sent off, I think Wales would have been more professional and won by a greater margin because the holes in our defence wouldn't have been there.

We may also not have employed our props in the outside half position so many times :dry:

JPaul
02-17-2006, 06:27 PM
It seems that Nathan Hines has made himself available for international duty.

manker
02-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Henson is back :01:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41347000/jpg/_41347096_henson_1702_203.jpg

The tanned one played a full 80 against Borders last night, I saw the highlights this morning and he looks okay. Not fantastic, but okay.

Normally he wouldn't get back in but with the injuries and Sonny Parker's unexpected retirement - I'd include him instead of Hal Luscombe, who is a winger.

Matthew J. Watkins has played immaculately and should retain his inside centre berth but I believe Henson would be a better bet than Luscombe to complete the centre compliment.

JPaul
02-18-2006, 01:47 PM
It's always really annoying when a good player is also a twat. You want to play him, but you don't want him in your team.

I think Henson fits into that category.

manker
02-19-2006, 02:02 PM
It's always really annoying when a good player is also a twat. You want to play him, but you don't want him in your team.

I think Henson fits into that category.He's not everyone's cup of tea but I think he's great :happy:

Austin Healy is definitely one of those players. His footballing equivalent would be Craig Bellamy.

Quelle ar5e5.

JPaul
02-19-2006, 04:54 PM

I think Henson fits into that category. His footballing equivalent would be Craig Bellamy.

He's not everyone's cup of tea but I think he's great :happy:

Biggles
03-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Watched the France vs England game. What a strange six nations tournament. England contrived to be spectacularly pants - well done Les Bleus. Old Brian Moore was taking no prisoners in the commentary box. :stars:

JPaul
03-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Scotland to beat Italy.

France to beat Wales

Ireland to beat England.

JPaul
03-18-2006, 03:14 PM
13 - 10, good game. Well played the Italians.

Damned cheating Welsh with their 15 men.:angry:

JPaul
03-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Welsh are doing well agin France.

Go Wales.

JPaul
03-18-2006, 05:14 PM
That's a pity for t'Welsh.

I'm sorry I got that one right now.

manker
03-19-2006, 06:29 PM
That's a pity for t'Welsh.

I'm sorry I got that one right now.I was sat right behind the posts at the end that the tries were scored. Did you see me on the telly?

Gutted at the end, there was a general feeling of disbelief when we eventually lost, the ground was the quietest I've ever known it to be - save for a few gloating baguette smugglers.

This Six Nations has been pretty disasterous for Wales :dabs: