PDA

View Full Version : No more landscaping for me...

NikkiD
02-10-2006, 01:19 PM
...except maybe in my own backyard. :) I landed a new job today, doing desktop and server support for Lake Erie Steel. It's a contract job, six months to start, then a raise and a longer term. I guess this means no more winters off. The best news is that I won't really be the new kid on the block, having to get to know a whole group of new people - it's the same place I've been doing landscaping on and off since I was 16. Well that and I still get to wear my work boots every day. :01: I am gonna miss my tractor though. I'll have to go visit her on my breaks.

sArA
02-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Nice one Nikki, hope it works out for you. Sounds like you already have your feet under the table on this one :)

Fancy popping round my house to do a spot of gardening? It really could do with some tlc.

Snee
02-10-2006, 01:28 PM
go0od for ewe.

Busyman
02-10-2006, 02:29 PM
...except maybe in my own backyard. :) I landed a new job today, doing desktop and server support for Lake Erie Steel. It's a contract job, six months to start, then a raise and a longer term. I guess this means no more winters off. The best news is that I won't really be the new kid on the block, having to get to know a whole group of new people - it's the same place I've been doing landscaping on and off since I was 16. Well that and I still get to wear my work boots every day. :01: I am gonna miss my tractor though. I'll have to go visit her on my breaks.
Good show. I like seeing folks be more successful.

Buffalo
02-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Nice one Nikki ~ Good luck with ya new Job :)

clocker
02-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Congratulations.

DanB
02-10-2006, 05:13 PM
congratz :01:

JPaul
02-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Congrats, I'm made up for you.

tesco
02-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Congrats on the new job. :)

What made you decide to stop landscaping tho?

j2k4
02-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Excellent news, Nik; so glad for you!

NikkiD
02-10-2006, 11:21 PM

Well I love landscaping, it's a great job, but the money isn't that good and it's seasonal work. Plus, during the season, the only time I get a day off is if it rains. This job is a steady 40(ish) hours a week (plus one week a month of 24/7 on call) and about twice the money per hour. I just received my contract and I start on Feb. 20.

Thanks guys :wub:

JPaul
02-10-2006, 11:53 PM

Well I love landscaping, it's a great job, but the money isn't that good and it's seasonal work. Plus, during the season, the only time I get a day off is if it rains. This job is a steady 40(ish) hours a week (plus one week a month of 24/7 on call) and about twice the money per hour. I just received my contract and I start on Feb. 20.

Fan-tastic, you deserve it mate.

clocker
02-10-2006, 11:54 PM
This job is a steady 40(ish) hours a week (plus one week a month of 24/7 on call) and about twice the money per hour. I just received my contract and I start on Feb. 20.

Show a little thigh around the office and you'll rise to the top.
That's how manker did it.

zapjb
02-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Good luck & congrats.

Virtualbody1234
02-11-2006, 12:23 AM
That's great news.

Do you still have the option to go back outside if you don't like being trapped in an office?

j2k4
02-11-2006, 12:25 AM
That's great news.

Do you still have the option to go back outside if you don't like being trapped in an office?

Or take a bit of dirt and greenery inside? :P

NikkiD
02-11-2006, 01:32 PM
That's great news.

Yes, I can go back to landscaping anytime I want to, as long as my aunt needs an extra person. I might see if she'll let me work a weekend shift once in a while if the urge to cut grass strikes me.

JPaul
02-11-2006, 02:04 PM
That's great news.

Yes, I can go back to landscaping anytime I want to, as long as my aunt needs an extra person. I might see if she'll let me work a weekend shift once in a while if the urge to cut grass strikes me.
My grass is always available if you have the over-powering urge to do some mowing.

JPaul
02-11-2006, 02:05 PM
My grass is always available if you have the over-powering urge to do some mowing.
Why does that read like it's innuendo, when it isn't even remotely.

j2k4
02-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Why does that read like it's innuendo, when it isn't even remotely.

It's the multiple dubyas, JP.

The phenomenon is a sub-strain of the more common anti-Bush ailment. ;)

Gripper
02-11-2006, 08:25 PM
:w00t: :01: :w00t: :01: