PDA

View Full Version : Ex-FEMA head blames bosses...

j2k4
02-10-2006, 08:47 PM
He complains Chertoff (and thereby Bush) are the reasons for the Katrina's outrageous toll.

His credibility rises with every syllable...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184446,00.html

vidcc
02-11-2006, 02:57 AM
I think it's very believable some of the things Brownie has put up for his defense, I had to say i think he was right about if the levees had been blown up by a terrorist bomb he would have had more help "before he asked" however it still does not detract from his personal failures.

The problems started before Brown took his appointment and the preverbial crap and fan came when the wind struck. Brownie wasn't up for the task but he was just one out of many incompetents from bottom to top.

j2k4
02-11-2006, 03:10 AM
I think it's very believable some of the things Brownie has put up for his defense, I had to say i think he was right about if the levees had been blown up by a terrorist bomb he would have had more help "before he asked" however it still does not detract from his personal failures.

The problems started before Brown took his appointment and the preverbial crap and fan came when the wind struck. Brownie wasn't up for the task but he was just one out of many incompetents from bottom to top.

Agreed, and while Bush shares in the blame, I'm waiting to see if the media tries to rehabilitate Brown so as to have him to thrash Bush.

Just a point of interest to backstop my mistrust of the media, you understand.

Tempestv
02-17-2006, 07:04 AM
ya, they are all to blaim. I wouldn't be supprised if everything he said was true. of course he is forgeting the part about his faillings. "I have admitted mistakes. What more do you want me to do?" sometimes better late than never doesn't really ring true. he is deffinitly a scapegoat, he doesn't deserve to be blaimed with all the fuckups, just his fuckups. Bush and co. need to be blaimed with their fuckups as well however.

j2k4
02-17-2006, 08:41 PM
ya, they are all to blaim. I wouldn't be supprised if everything he said was true. of course he is forgeting the part about his faillings. "I have admitted mistakes. What more do you want me to do?" sometimes better late than never doesn't really ring true. he is deffinitly a scapegoat, he doesn't deserve to be blaimed with all the fuckups, just his fuckups. Bush and co. need to be blaimed with their fuckups as well however.

It is a question, then, of who does the blaming?

Tempestv
02-18-2006, 02:45 AM

If it is proved that he lied (I am pretty sure) then the courts. look what happened with Clinton over a blowjob from a fat intern. A thousand dead people should be a little more serious.

lynx
02-19-2006, 09:10 AM

If it is proved that he lied (I am pretty sure) then the courts. look what happened with Clinton over a blowjob from a fat intern. A thousand dead people should be a little more serious.For Republicans this will only become more important when one of the dead actually complains. ;)

zapjb
02-19-2006, 10:34 AM
I believe the guy. Chertoff seems like an elitist. The media (news) is weak. If the news legends of yesteryear were to meet the reporters of today when both were in their prime. The likes of Murrow, Huntley, Brinkley, Cronkite etc. would bitch slap (or more pc: ostracize & even laugh at) these new so-caled reporters.
And the #1 thing about the pansy media of today that bothers me about the under-reporting of Katrina. Is accepting the death toll. The reported death toll of Katrina is 1300. Thats so BS! Maybe 13,000. What a FN coverup.:angry:

j2k4
02-19-2006, 04:00 PM
. The reported death toll of Katrina is 1300. Thats so BS! Maybe 13,000. What a FN coverup.:angry:

Oh, I don't think even such a supremely corrupt administration as we have could cover such a discrepancy.

Of course, maybe that's why they're using the NSA spy-thingie; they're trying to run down all the relatives and kill them, too, like the mob or Saddam did, huh?

With our weak media, it's a cinch no one wouldeven notice...:dry:

Tempestv
02-19-2006, 08:02 PM
. The reported death toll of Katrina is 1300. Thats so BS! Maybe 13,000. What a FN coverup.:angry:

Oh, I don't think even such a supremely corrupt administration as we have could cover such a discrepancy.

Of course, maybe that's why they're using the NSA spy-thingie; they're trying to run down all the relatives and kill them, too, like the mob or Saddam did, huh?

With our weak media, it's a cinch no one wouldeven notice...:dry:

ya, i'm going to have to agree, a tenfold disparity is a little hard to hide.

JPaul
02-19-2006, 08:35 PM

Sorry to be picky, but that would form a much better question if you were to reverse the order of the first two words. Currently it is a statement, with a curly wurly at the end.

Sorry, carry on.

j2k4
02-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Sorry to be picky, but that would form a much better question if you were to reverse the order of the first two words. Currently it is a statement, with a curly wurly at the end.

Sorry, carry on.

I desired the additional degree of difficulty, cogence-wise. :)

zapjb
02-20-2006, 01:40 PM
OK I understand why you two & more would not agree with this death toll. All I ask is remember what I said. Maybe sometime in the future the truth will come out.

djgfx
02-20-2006, 05:45 PM
The whole bush administration is the biggest group of idiots ever assembled..Brown didn't deserve the job in the first place..and Bush is to blame for that

j2k4
02-20-2006, 09:04 PM
OK I understand why you two & more would not agree with this death toll. All I ask is remember what I said. Maybe sometime in the future the truth will come out.

Maybe it will, but if the number is 1300, you won't believe it, will you?

I'm sure you still believe Bush lost Florida in 2000, but even though the Dems ended up conceding Gore lost, the fact they did it on "page 20" kept you from reading about it, and it never did get any play in the print media.

BTW-I will remember what you said, and not because I'm an elephant, either. :P

zapjb
02-20-2006, 10:17 PM

I'm sure you still believe Bush lost Florida in 2000, but even though the Dems ended up conceding Gore lost, the fact they did it on "page 20" kept you from reading about it, and it never did get any play in the print media.

Correct. Correct.:whistling

j2k4
02-20-2006, 11:14 PM

Correct. Correct.:whistling

That makes you wrong, then, and willingly so.

The Dems did the count, and they conceded Bush won, even expanding his margin of victory.

The Republicans had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

zapjb
02-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Fahrenheit 911. Course you don't believe the gist of that.

j2k4
02-21-2006, 12:08 AM

The Republicans had nothing to do with that, either.

It is the work-product of WholeCloth Creations , a subsidiary of Michael Moore, Inc.

What is the gist of the film, anyway? :huh:

j2k4
02-21-2006, 12:11 AM

It is the work-product of Wholecloth Creations, a subsidiary of Michael Moore, Inc.

vidcc
02-21-2006, 01:23 AM
We need to carpet this room, there is an echo.

j2k4
02-21-2006, 01:49 AM
We need to carpet this room, there is an echo.

Board fart. :)

vidcc
02-21-2006, 01:51 AM

No need to get personal, Old wrinkly :tease:

j2k4
02-21-2006, 03:52 AM

No need to get personal, Old wrinkly :tease:

If the foo shits...:P

zapjb
02-21-2006, 01:07 PM

It is the work-product of WholeCloth Creations , a subsidiary of Michael Moore, Inc.

The responsibility of the US government to its citizens is thus: #1 Ensure their safety & freedom. #2 To provide an environment to increase their standard of living.

The gist is that W & his cronies do not adhere to these 2 statements in the least. They are elitists.

j2k4
02-21-2006, 09:39 PM

The responsibility of the US government to its citizens is thus: #1 Ensure their safety & freedom. #2 To provide an environment to increase their standard of living.

The gist is that W & his cronies do not adhere to these 2 statements in the least. They are elitists.

We could argue that last ad nauseam, zap...when you say "elitist" to me, I think of John Kerry or Barbra Streisand.

The function of the government is to protect the borders and provide for the common defense, though you'll find no shortage of liberals who would dispute that.

The rest is subject to debate; I'd say that personal safety, as a practical matter, has more to do with individuals than the government (federal, anyway), and the continued existence of freedom is definitely the responsibility of the people.

The government cannot "provide" an atmosphere for a steadily increasing standard of living in any fashion apart from minimizing it's misguided compulsion to regulate and/or tax business; basically, all it can do is foster safety at every juncture as to products and work environment.

Other than that, government stay just get the hell out of the way.