PDA

View Full Version : NikkiD is scheduled to begin...

j2k4
02-12-2006, 03:01 AM
...Kubota withdrawel on or about the 20th of this month; this ordeal is much more rigorous than your garden-variety rehabilitation; durations of up to one year are not unheard of.

She'll desperately need our support during this time which will surely try her soul.

Let us pray...:huh:

NikkiD
02-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Nah.... I don't like Kubotas. The decks tend to bounce around a lot and leave a very uneven cut, almost shaving the grass down to the root over bumps. I much prefer Ransomes-Jacobsen or Steiner (also made by Jacobsen) mowers. They lock into position nicely and leave a very smooth finish. The only edge I give to the Kubotas is their ability to handle cutting across slopes a little better - with a deck locked down, the Ransomes or Steiners tend to slide out a bit if the surface is slightly wet, where the lighter, free moving Kubota decks tend to hug a little better. However this can easily be avoided on the Ransomes/Steiners simply by unlocking the mower deck and lifting it slightly so that the weight is more evenly distributed to the back tires, and installing a weight bar on the back of the mower. This, along with decreasing speed a little bit will lessen the chances of the tires slipping, though while cutting a 45° or steeper slope, one rarely likes to take it slowly getting across.

Plus, you can get so many cool little attachments for the Steiners - mulchers, loaders, stump grinders, augers and wood chippers to name but a few.

Okay, I've just concluded that I know too much about this crap. :wacko:

j2k4
02-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Nah.... I don't like Kubotas.

I knew that. :snooty:

:P

I was right, though; it sems you just lanced a boil.

Either that, or you can make some bucks on the side writing ad copy for Jacobsen...:)

Gripper
02-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Ohhh...I want a stump grinder!!!

j2k4
02-12-2006, 08:37 PM

Me, too!!

I love wood-chips and sawdust.

Mayhaps I was a gerbil in a prior incarnation. :happy:

Gripper
02-12-2006, 08:41 PM

Me, too!!

Do you find yourself storing nuts in a pouch?

j2k4
02-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Me, too!!

Do you find yourself storing nuts in a pouch?

My nuts have been stored in a pouch for, like, forever.

I am loathe to change this...:blink:

clocker
02-13-2006, 02:24 AM
Okay, I've just concluded that I know too much about this crap. :wacko:
And now, so do we.

My head hurts....