PDA

View Full Version : 'My Music' folder messed up

twisterX
02-12-2006, 04:45 AM
There is no icon in the start menu and in My Documents.

When you go in it it acts like a normal folder and no special music options.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5000/untitled5vy.jpg

what does repair windows do on the disc. Will it delete all my programs because its not worth that much trouble btu its annying.:wacko:

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-12-2006, 05:14 AM
I dont know the answer to your problem, but "repair windows" should NOT be required. I am sure its a simple setting, and Im sure someone here will have a quick answer for you, just dont resort to the repair feature, it will annoy you more that the music folder issue.

fkdup74
02-12-2006, 04:36 PM
as I have went retro (back to classic settings),
my info may be a bit out of whack, but,
right-click the task bar > properties > start menu tab > customize
browse through there, I think that's where the settings are :unsure:

-edit- and yeah, repair is overkill :wacko:

tesco
02-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Right click the folder->properties->customize->set the folder type to music.
:unsure:

DorisInsinuate
02-12-2006, 04:55 PM
TweakUI has a Repair My Music Icon button

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1833/tweakui0xi.png

fkdup74
02-12-2006, 05:15 PM
is this the Windows Vista beta that you were having issues with in the other thread?

backlash
02-12-2006, 05:15 PM
are you using any icon customization programs?

twisterX
02-13-2006, 07:50 PM
is this the Windows Vista beta that you were having issues with in the other thread?

No. this is xp with a vista skin.

are you using any icon customization programs?

windows blinds :huh:

I fixed the icon but it doesnt act like a music folder anymore. Like it doesnt have the play all options like folders with music should have. :frusty:

Damn little problems make me want to fuck windows up. :D

maebach
02-13-2006, 08:37 PM
I had the same problem a few years ago. I just ignored it. :lookaroun

Rip The Jacker
02-13-2006, 08:41 PM
How does this bother you anyway? I'm trying to do the opposite thing, I don't like My Music folder acting like a music folder. Stupid folder won't let me arrange icons by date... it's annoying looking for the most recent MP3's...

twisterX
02-13-2006, 09:01 PM
doesnt modified=date.

i could do that on mine. I like having like the play all option becuase i use it all the time and only music folders that

Rip The Jacker
02-13-2006, 09:04 PM
doesnt modified=date.

i could do that on mine. I like having like the play all option becuase i use it all the time and only music folders that
It doesn't even have modified. :(

http://img448.imageshack.us/img448/927/image13zw.th.jpg (http://img448.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image13zw.jpg)

twisterX
02-14-2006, 12:03 AM
oh. mine arent albums. Mines just mp3 files all in the music folder.

yours is a bit different becuase mine doesnt have by artist or album.

maybe its becuase you have the media center edition of windows or it may just be a skin.

tesco
02-14-2006, 02:11 AM
Right click the folder->properties->customize->set the folder type to music.
:rolleyes:

Rip The Jacker
02-14-2006, 03:35 AM

maybe its becuase you have the media center edition of windows or it may just be a skin. Yeah I think that's it. Stupid Media Center Edition of XP. I was able to sort by modified/date with my music folder in Windows 2000...

@Rossco
I don't see that customize option anywhere... :huh:

fkdup74
02-14-2006, 03:36 AM

:pinch:

what a mess
you'd get shot in Soulseek

:P

twisterX
02-14-2006, 03:59 AM
they are just mp3 but they are nicely tagges and all the file names are good.

I just dont like having to click multiple folders for songs and i dont have full albums.

twisterX
02-14-2006, 04:01 AM

maybe its becuase you have the media center edition of windows or it may just be a skin. Yeah I think that's it. Stupid Media Center Edition of XP. I was able to sort by modified/date with my music folder in Windows 2000...

@Rossco

you cant get the customize option for like the music folder because its a default windows folder or something like that.

It doesnt work for pictures or ducuments either. Anything thats part of windows the folder options are opted out.

tesco
02-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah I think that's it. Stupid Media Center Edition of XP. I was able to sort by modified/date with my music folder in Windows 2000...

@Rossco

you cant get the customize option for like the music folder because its a default windows folder or something like that.

It doesnt work for pictures or ducuments either. Anything thats part of windows the folder options are opted out.Oh you're right. :lol:

Well, just delete the old my music folder or rename it then create a enw folder called my music:)