PDA

View Full Version : I want to uninstall MSN Messenger 7.5...

j2k4
02-12-2006, 07:54 PM
...I installed it so I could see my Grandson on my daughter's web-cam, and I did it under duress.

It sucks large donkey balls and I want it gone.

HELP!!!

fkdup74
02-12-2006, 08:05 PM
it has no uninstaller? :unsure:

try control panel > add/remove programs > add/remove windows components

or this:
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=288

peat moss
02-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Why not just disable it from starting up ? That way it won't bother you till she sends a new pic or video . Its in MSN options .

j2k4
02-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Why not just disable it from starting up ? That way it won't bother you till she sends a new pic or video . Its in MSN options .

Well, I did that, thanks, peat.

I have flashbacks from older versions that wouldn't allow you even that control...it still seems that it slows the PC a bit even when it's disabled.

I'll re-assess it and post later.

Thanks again, fellers.

Virtualbody1234
02-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Not sure but you might find it in Start>All Programs>Set Program Access and Defaults>Add/Remove Windows Components.

j2k4
02-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Actually, dumb me...it is in add/remove; I hadn't even looked owing to prior experience. :blushing:

peat moss
02-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Four " old farts " and counting . :lol: The young would be saying why would you want to remove that great program , like how do you survive man with out it . :D

I like my ISP 's program to send pics its called shawmail , mabye yours has one like that J2k4 ?

https://webmail.shaw.ca/

j2k4
02-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Four " old farts " and counting . :lol: The young would be saying why would you want to remove that great program , like how do you survive man with out it . :D

I like my ISP 's program to send pics its called shawmail , mabye yours has one like that J2k4 ?

https://webmail.shaw.ca/

The capabilities of the program are kinda neat, but past incarnations have been resource-hogging, hijacking pains.

I've disabled it from start-up, and I'll evaluate whether or not it affects my machine.

I guess it's down to my security-consciousness.

I hate fucked-up PCs.

The only reason I did it to begin with was I wanted to see the kid, and my daughter didn't have the proper cabling to connect her vid-cam to her PC.

We've corrected that problem.

Virtualbody1234
02-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Skype!

j2k4
02-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Skype!

Yup. :)

tesco
02-13-2006, 02:29 AM
Actually, dumb me...it is in add/remove; I hadn't even looked owing to prior experience. :blushing:
Ya, it was 'Windows Messenger' that doesn't show up in add/remove programs, and causes all those other anoyances.
'MSN Messenger' is less annoying. :)

j2k4
02-13-2006, 02:49 AM
Ya, it was 'Windows Messenger' that doesn't show up in add/remove programs, and causes all those other anoyances.
'MSN Messenger' is less annoying. :)

Nah, it was MSN Messenger I was tripping over all the time.

Couldn't get it off my start menu.

Never used the other.

Never used MSN, either, but my step-daughter was always trying to get my wife to type-yak all the time, and she'd come over and install it "for" us.

I almost had to spank her to get her to quit. :angry:

S!X
02-13-2006, 03:37 AM
I almost had to spank her to get her to quit. :angry:

LOL