PDA

View Full Version : Jarhead problem

corpsontherun
02-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey i recently downloaded the Divx version of Jarhead from mininova and i can get it to do anything. It came in like 20 rar files all about 20 megs.

I then extracted the first rar to the desktop as instructed by me friend and when i tried to play it nothing happens. My DiVX player stalls and i have to ctal-alt-del it to close it. I have tried to burn it but i dunno what program i need to convert it.

Have i downloaded my first ever movie and it is a dud? Or am i doing something wrong?

*Edit: It was a screener, whatever that is.

Gripper
02-15-2006, 04:52 PM
What did you use to extract?
What I do is double click on any rar,that opens it(in Winrar)then click on the avi file(or whatever)and extract that to a folder you've made called films on your desktop.
You should be left with an avi file in your film folder which you play with VLC (http://www.videolan.org/)or media player classic.

accat13
02-15-2006, 05:03 PM
google gspot.....download it.... open the file with it....it will tell you if there are any problems with the file...did the download fully complete...

corpsontherun
02-16-2006, 05:28 AM
yeah, the file fully completed, i am currently downloading VCL and gspot.

ill post what happens

Mïcrösöül°V³
02-16-2006, 06:11 AM
also make sure you have the klite codec pack installed. just a thought :) having no codec to play it can cause some players to just sit there and freak out.

corpsontherun
02-16-2006, 08:49 AM
ok i ran gspot and everything came up a-ok, and VLC runs the movie.

question is why wont Divx 6.1? arnt .avi's divx's invention?