PDA

View Full Version : about Linkin Park.

worldpease
02-16-2006, 05:21 AM
'till yesterday, I only knew that the song 'In the end' was from Linkin Park,
but that's just about it; then I heard this song, 'Somewhere I belong' and found out that
it was also a song by the same singer.
I liked both songs a lot, so I was wondering,
are there more good songs by Linkin Park?
cus I was looking for a 'greatest hits CD' but I don't seem to find any.
could you list some of the best of...

S!X
02-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Heh, In my opinion all the linkin park cd's are good. MY favorite would have to be their first named "Hybrid Theory". Favorite songs in particular would be:

Crawling
In The End
One Step Closer
Somewhere I belong
Faint
Numb
Paper Cut

BLAH! There all good!

cpt_azad
02-16-2006, 08:23 AM
'till yesterday, I only knew that the song 'In the end' was from Linkin Park,
but that's just about it; then I heard this song, 'Somewhere I belong' and found out that
it was also a song by the same singer.
I liked both songs a lot, so I was wondering,
are there more good songs by Linkin Park?
cus I was looking for a 'greatest hits CD' but I don't seem to find any.
could you list some of the best of... lol, if I were you I'd download all Hybrid Theory and Meteora ASAP, stay away from that crappy Jay-Z crap remix or w/e. At least get Hybrid Theory, best of their music on that CD, imo, all songs off that cd are awesome.

GepperRankins
02-16-2006, 09:40 AM
the jay-z thingy rawks much :snooty:

mr. nails
02-16-2006, 10:01 AM
get the cd-single of one step closer which includes the song, my december.

S!X
02-16-2006, 11:20 PM

Its not too bad.

GepperRankins
02-17-2006, 05:15 PM

Its not too bad.
smacktard is a nerd and thinks it's cool to hate rap. does he not realise LP would be nothing without shinoda? :smilie4:

Cheese
02-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Are we talking about the FST member or the band? Both suck anyhows, the band marginally less than the member.

S!X
02-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Are we talking about the FST member or the band? Both suck anyhows, the band marginally less than the member.

The band fool, you suck.:dry:

lee551
02-17-2006, 10:53 PM
if you like one linkin park song i'd say you'll like them *all*.

scribblec
02-17-2006, 10:57 PM
anyone know if they have any new albums lined up?

suprafreak6
02-17-2006, 11:42 PM
lol, that would be a no

S!X
02-18-2006, 12:00 AM
lol, that would be a no

Wrong, they said their new album will be out sometime in 06, no exact date yet.

cpt_azad
02-18-2006, 03:34 AM
Summer '06.

S!X
02-18-2006, 04:21 AM
Summer '06.

Nice :D

worldpease
02-18-2006, 05:32 AM
Well, a friend lend me some CDs and I have to say,
I liked more songs that I would have expected... the thing is that I always thought
of "Linkin Park" as just another loud noice singer, like that rock that has no rithm.
But that also happened to me with Guns & Roses, The Doors and a few others,
it wasn't untill someone made me listen to them, that I realized that the music was
actually good.
Since then, I am more open to trying diferent music.

And I did get the mentioned earlier CD, and I agree, most of the song are very good.

suprafreak6
02-18-2006, 04:09 PM
oops, i was thinking about the band i was listening to at the moment :lol:

cpt_azad
02-19-2006, 06:31 AM
Well, a friend lend me some CDs and I have to say,
I liked more songs that I would have expected... the thing is that I always thought
of "Linkin Park" as just another loud noice singer, like that rock that has no rithm.
But that also happened to me with Guns & Roses, The Doors and a few others,
it wasn't untill someone made me listen to them, that I realized that the music was
actually good.
Since then, I am more open to trying diferent music.

And I did get the mentioned earlier CD, and I agree, most of the song are very good.
Click on the following link (music video), I think you'll like it a lot:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3922110320903898721&q=linkin+park+faint

If you can (assuming you have a guitar), learn the intro to that song (which is also in other parts of the song)....you know that high-pitched noise, holy crap its' so addicting lol i dont know why. Playing it on guitar makes it sound exactly like you're playing the song (the intro, the rest of the song won't sound as "crisp").

Playing it on my Warlock + Spider II Amp w/ the insane setting on, wow, sounds EXACTLY LIKE it, not to mention its just such a very very sweet sound. If you're interested, here's the tab:

INTRO part 1:

e -22~~/24b~~~~~15/~17~~---15/10--15/10--15/10--15/10 (you can, if you want, hit the
B ------------------------------------------------------------------- 15th fret, then slide to 17,
G ------------------------------------------------------------------- then do the vibrato and then
D ------------------------------------------------------------------- hold that vibrato down until
A ------------------------------------------------------------------- you get to the 15/10 part,
E ------------------------------------------------------------------- however I find this version [I modified it] much more accurate/better.

Part 2:

e -24b~~~~~15/~17~~-----15/10--15/10--15/10------------
B -----------------------------------------------------------------
G -----------------------------------------------------------------
D -----------------------------------------------------------------
A -----------------------------------------------------------------
E -----------------------------------------------------------------

LP is an alright band, but this song clearly shows their potential.

Edit: In case you didnt' figure it out, you don't NEED a guitar to learn it. They don't use a guitar for the actual song, I'm just pointing out that you can play it on your guitar and make it sound exactly like the intro/song.

P.S. the tuning if anyone's interested is Normal OR Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb
why did I say OR? Because it makes abso-fuckin-lutely no difference what your guitar is tuned to when you're playing a song w/ the "insane" mode ON on your Line6 amp (especially something that high pitched), considering you have that amp.

iMartin
02-20-2006, 01:49 AM
Let the flaming begin. Cheese, if you ain't got nothing good to say then...fuck off. :dry:

S!X
02-20-2006, 04:18 AM
Let the flaming begin. Cheese, if you ain't got nothing good to say then...fuck off. :dry:

Agreed :dry:

cpt_azad
02-20-2006, 04:18 AM
Are we talking about the FST member or the band? Both suck anyhows, the band marginally less than the member. Let the flaming begin. Cheese, if you ain't got nothing good to say then...fuck off. :dry:

Best thing to do is to ignore him.

LegendaryU2K
02-20-2006, 05:11 AM
Linkin park is ok, the rap sucks tho. Other then that, i enjoy thier music.

RainRoofer
02-20-2006, 03:06 PM
After I saw them with that hip hoper Jay-Z i think,I stoped to listen to them.I started to listen them since begining but they're now to much commercialized.

worldpease
02-21-2006, 07:21 AM
If you can (assuming you have a guitar), learn the intro to that song (which is also in other parts of the song)....you know that high-pitched noise, ....

You're right man,
Im not much of a guitar player, but I showed this to the friend that lend me the CDs and as soon as we got to his house he tried it,
he was pretty impresed with it, as he does play.

muchspl3
02-21-2006, 09:33 AM
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6006/linkinpark336pm.jpg

cpt_azad
02-21-2006, 09:47 AM
If you can (assuming you have a guitar), learn the intro to that song (which is also in other parts of the song)....you know that high-pitched noise, ....
You're right man,
Im not much of a guitar player, but I showed this to the friend that lend me the CDs and as soon as we got to his house he tried it,
he was pretty impresed with it, as he does play.

Yup, if you're friend has a good amp and 24fret guitar, it'll sound perfect.

@muchspl3, lmfao :lol: