PDA

View Full Version : ISP login/hosting question.

Zeroskillet
02-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Heys guys I have comcast cable connection which allows me 2gig per month access.:cry:

I used to have Bellsouth.net that has unlimited newsgroup d/l/access. But got rid of it cuz of some false billing on the phone line.

Anways my brother in law has bellsouth.net and doesnt use newsgroups...is it possible for me to log in with his info at my home comcast.net cable fed connection?

In case I can't I was checking out http://newshosting.com./

What service would you recommend?

Seems as if UNLIMITED Single User Accounts are the best bet right?

Dephyre
02-16-2006, 02:40 PM
You migh just wan to use your comcast account to connect. They give you 2 free gigs a month. But to get arounf that all you need to do is keep making new user accounst and setting them to have "ownership" . Use "newsgroups.comcast.net" for server. and "[email protected]" as your login.

Zeroskillet
02-16-2006, 07:48 PM
You migh just wan to use your comcast account to connect. They give you 2 free gigs a month. But to get arounf that all you need to do is keep making new user accounst and setting them to have "ownership" . Use "newsgroups.comcast.net" for server. and "[email protected]" as your login.
I could do that? wow never thought of it.

But you know of any good paying usenet providers?

MultiForce
02-16-2006, 09:08 PM
I like Giganews. Not the cheapest out there but with a retention of 70 days it's a comfortable server to download from.

jpope
02-16-2006, 09:27 PM
The best deal I've seen is flashnewsgroups.com.

Unlimited transfers (no kidding)
8 pipes
33+ days retention of binaries
helpfull and responsive staff

All for a bit over $12 a month! Pay by the year and get a 10% discount.

I've been a happy client for 5 years.

Say you were referred by jpope...

Zeroskillet
02-16-2006, 09:28 PM
The best deal I've seen is flashnewsgroups.com.

Unlimited transfers (no kidding)
8 pipes
21+ days retention of binaries
helpfull and responsive staff

All for a bit over $12 a month! Pay by the year and get a 10% discount.

I've been a happy client for 5 years.

Say you were referred by jpope...
OMG thank you..I think Im gonna join this.

RealitY
02-17-2006, 05:31 AM
Ive been on NewsHosting for quite awhile now and on the yearly its just around $12 a month. They now allow 8 connections. Retention is 40 days now and completetion is near perfect. Their also a strong reliable company thats been around and have regular updates on their site if anything comes up. Additionally their customer support is spot on. Of course if you use the banner above the site here also gets a refferal credit for signups...

Zeroskillet
02-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Ive been on NewsHosting for quite awhile now and on the yearly its just around $12 a month. They now allow 8 connections. Retention is 40 days now and completetion is near perfect. Their also a strong reliable company thats been around and have regular updates on their site if anything comes up. Additionally their customer support is spot on. Of course if you use the banner above the site here also gets a refferal credit for signups...
what are "retentions"?

RealitY
02-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Retention is how long the file stays on the server before its gone...