PDA

View Full Version : Avi to DVD

Livy
02-16-2006, 04:42 PM
what is the best software to convert normal avi like divx/xvid to dvd

cheers

Snee
02-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I was using diko for a while, it was pretty easy to use.

tesco
02-16-2006, 09:25 PM
I use DivxToDVD...works fine for me. :)

shazzar
02-17-2006, 07:55 AM
I use DivxToDVD...works fine for me. :)

thats what i use but word of warning it can be a slow process.

Rip The Jacker
02-17-2006, 09:09 AM
I recently started using DIKO, pretty good software. Does all the dirty work for you, great quality, and lets you make custom menu's. :)

Appzalien
02-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Google "Avi2Dvd", its freeware and has alot of options you may find useful like Pal to Ntsc or the other way around. It has a place to add subtitles if your Avi comes with them and has a place to add menus although I have never used it so I can't coment on its usefulness. It does take some time to convert but face it, quick convertion is usually at the expense of quality. It will create an ISO for you automatically or allow you to just make the VOB's so you can edit the IFO files if necessary (The HCEnc encoder does great convertion of Pal to Ntsc but if the video is wide screen it sets the Ifo's with a Pan&Scan setting which makes a wide screen video go off screen to the sides if the TV is not a wide screen tv and you have to use IfoEdit to change it). It also accepts Ac3 5.1 audio so you can keep the surround sound audio if the Avi has it.

s0121
02-18-2006, 06:03 PM
I use WinAvi to recode all my "other formats" to DVD... its fassssst and I have very few problems... WinAvi 7.1 currently is the latest I have.