PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Increase My Internet Speed???

pimply
02-17-2006, 06:08 PM
i have adsl, my isp provider is bellsouth www.bellsouth.net anywayz, i want to increase my internet connection to at least 1 meg, how do i do that? what do i download? what site? how? where? plz help, thx :)

Appzalien
02-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Your ISP sets your max up and download speeds and all you can do is to optimize them. SBC has several plans for DSL that start from 15 bucks and up, for 15 bucks you get around 300 kb/s max download speed then there is a 26 dollar a month service and so on. Cable connections can go higher than DSL so if you already have cable TV you might consider changing when your contract is up.

pimply
02-17-2006, 07:03 PM
any other options?

fatbobsarmy
02-18-2006, 01:56 AM
trying to increase your net speed with proggies is like trying to increase the size of your wang with a penis pump .. it dosent work..

erRor67
02-18-2006, 04:00 AM
If you search the net you will probably hear of internet accelorators.. Dont bother with them. Most of them dont do shit and just fill your computer with spyware.. The rest just proxy all your data through their personal servers so have a privacy risk. Other just increase your HTTP speeds by compressing all your html files so you download less. Of course, your downloads arent any faster since those arent compressed. You cannot really boost your internet connection unless you like upgrade or something. You can however, make some internet small tweaks on your computer but dont exspect a huge boost.

Barbarossa
02-20-2006, 10:00 AM
any other options?

Type faster? :blink: