PDA

View Full Version : windows, folders...

Duffman
02-18-2006, 04:36 AM
This may seem retarded but is there anyway in windows, to make all folders, show file details, its annoying one has large icons, one has small, etc, I want all one.

Skillian
02-18-2006, 04:50 AM
You can go to tools -> folder options -> view and then apply the current view to all folders.

That is supposed to do what you are talking about but to be honest it doesn't seem to work all that well - it always seems to revert to thumbnails, icons etc. after a while anyway.

edit: I assume you're talking about XP.

fkdup74
02-18-2006, 05:01 AM
You can go to tools -> folder options -> view and then apply the current view to all folders.

That is supposed to do what you are talking about but to be honest it doesn't seem to work all that well - it always seems to revert to thumbnails, icons etc. after a while anyway.

the reason it reverts is due to a registry limitation on folder views, (400 views I think),
that can easily be fixed with a reg tweak or TweakUI, or even Regseeker

Duffman
02-18-2006, 05:56 AM
gotcha

peat moss
02-18-2006, 07:45 AM
I was enjoying the part about windows being retarded . Guess thats why we have to experiment {and fuck up } with different tools to get a certain look and feel . If I had more money than brains I'd look to Mac. Sadly I'm here to stay .