PDA

View Full Version : The Way People Spend Is A Damn Shame

Busyman
02-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Why is it that people spend and buy the huge house, buy way too many cars, eat out all the time, max out all their credit cards and can't afford it?

Wtf are these people thinking?

They don't shop for the best credit card rates when they get one.

They don't fix dinner at home anymore.

They buy clothes for "their image" that they can't afford.

They get their tax refund and have earmarked it to spend on some trip or unneeded material item.

They don't plan for shit yet they have kids.

They live check to check.

They don't even have $1000 in the bank at all times.

They fall back on their 401k for MATERIAL items.

They are fucking clueless.:dry:

I'm glad I handle the money. A couple documentary shows I've seen show in almost every case the women are the main main culprit.

Fucking idiots are so much into Christmas that they'll buy a shitload of gifts with money they don't have.

"It's hard to say no to the kids.":(

Fuck no it isn't.

manker
02-18-2006, 08:49 AM
That's a pretty specific accusation you've levelled there. I really don't know anyone who does those things.

Do you have a dipshit mate - or are you lamenting your idiotic spending wayz.

Virtualbody1234
02-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Right. Didn't you just have a thread about a $55,000 US SUV?

They don't even have $1000 in the bank at all times.$1000 is a complete joke. Right?

They are fucking clueless.Mirror?

manker
02-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Ima get me an economic 4X4.

When I say 'economic', I mean good fuel economy compared with other 4X4s. 20 mpg or something.

I don't need it, but it will do things that I need to do.

It will cost $55k.

People who say that sort of thing are dipshits.

Busyman
02-18-2006, 08:55 AM
That's a pretty specific accusation you've levelled there. I really don't know anyone who does those things.

It's probably an American thing. I watched an entire episode of Oprah and watched another finance show I recorded.

I can't believe these are adults with kids.

Busyman
02-18-2006, 08:56 AM

When I say 'economic', I mean good fuel economy compared with other 4X4s. 20 mpg or something.

It will cost $55k.

Go fuck yourself, mank. Really.:happy:

Rod or not.

manker
02-18-2006, 08:59 AM

It's probably an American thing. I watched an entire episode of Oprah and watched another finance show I recorded.

I can't believe these are adults with kids.I guess there are people who do some of those things in the UK - maybe a few who have done all of them. I suppose Oprah is a bit like Trisha over here. Black chick talking to social retards.

Some people do waste money.

Shock horror? :ermm:

manker
02-18-2006, 09:00 AM

It will cost $55k.

Rod or not.I'm just summarising your points in that thread where you made an idiot of yourself - oh, wait ... maybe I should be more specific.

The thread about SUVs where you made an idiot of yourself.

I thought I did a good job :huh:

Busyman
02-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Right. Didn't you just have a thread about a $55,000 US SUV?

$1000 is a complete joke. Right?

They are fucking clueless.Mirror?
Are you just fucking stupid?

I also want a BMW 7-series. I can actually afford $55,000 vehicle though.

No, $1000 is not a joke.:unsure: The way some these folks I saw live, you'd think they were filthy rich yet they have shit saved.

What makes you think I'm clueless?

Why is this about ME all of a sudden?

I think someone just wants to be a Virtual Asshole.:happy:

Busyman
02-18-2006, 09:05 AM

Rod or not.I'm just summarising your points in that thread where you made an idiot of yourself - oh, wait ... maybe I should be more specific.

I think you did a shit job.

I don't have the hivemindedness of "anyone who owns an SUV is an idiot."

I never said I was getting anything.

I never said that SUV got 20 mpg.

You summarize for shit. :lol:

Of course, you think you did a good job.

According to correctness, SUVs are only for going through the mud.

Virtualbody1234
02-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Why is this about ME all of a sudden?
Because you say stuff like:

I can actually afford $55,000 vehicle though.When $1000 reserve is absolute nonsense. What happens If you get so sick that you can't work anymore? The $1000 won't go far and that $55,000 starts to look quite handy.

Anyway... I think I'm wasting my time trying to discuss this with you.

Just one more thing.... Stop calling me names.

manker
02-18-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm just summarising your points in that thread where you made an idiot of yourself - oh, wait ... maybe I should be more specific.

I summarise for shit? You are too harsh on both yourself and your peers here.

I summarised for those who may have missed your last 'look at me, I'm a geptard' thread.

Summarising often entails encapsulating many points into a brief, concise form such that the reader gets the gist of a whole boatload of information - direct quotes are often impossible.

Clearly you feel that my summary hasn't portrayed you in a good light - it is your right to dispute the accuracy of my summary.

You are, however, biased and this has caused your analysis of my summary to be quite incorrect.

I'm sure many folk would think I pretty much nailed the thing.

manker
02-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Just one more thing.... Stop calling me names.He only does that when he's struggling ;)

Busyman
02-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Because you say stuff like:

I can actually afford $55,000 vehicle though.When $1000 reserve is absolute nonsense. What happens If you get so sick that you can't work anymore? The $1000 won't go far and that $55,000 starts to look quite handy.

Anyway... I think I'm wasting my time trying to discuss this with you.

Just one more thing.... Stop calling me names.
I didn't call you anything.:huh:

Also RIF.

You read the surface without paying attention.

I'm talking about people that don't even have $1000 in the bank at all times.

How the fuck did you get to me affording a $55,000 vehicle and relate it to $1000 in the bank. Are you drunk?

Fact is you discuss it without getting PERSONAL so if you did get that I called you a name, big fucking deal.

Even when I brought up the Suburban, your focus was "that's too big, that's an SUV, it doesn't meet my approval."

Get a grip on your own nuts and let go of mine.:ermm:

Busyman
02-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Just one more thing.... Stop calling me names.He only does that when he's struggling ;)
It's too easy, mang. Some people like to make up outrage.

He doesn't have a point. Maybe he has an anorexic sister and is still harboring something. Who knows? :idunno:

Busyman
02-18-2006, 09:20 AM

I summarise for shit? You are too harsh on both yourself and your peers here.

I summarised for those who may have missed your last 'look at me, I'm a geptard' thread.

Summarising often entails encapsulating many points into a brief, concise form such that the reader gets the gist of a whole boatload of information - direct quotes are often impossible.

Clearly you feel that my summary hasn't portrayed you in a good light - it is your right to dispute the accuracy of my summary.

You are, however, biased and this has caused your analysis of my summary to be quite incorrect.

I'm sure many folk would think I pretty much nailed the thing.
Uh...'cause they feel the same way about SUVs. Sure.

Oh thanks for helping with what summarising is and my rights. It's 4:10am and it almost gave me the snoozer.

Virtualbody1234
02-18-2006, 09:29 AM
I see that you like to argue. That seems to be your agenda here. Nothing more.

manker
02-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Oh thanks for helping with what summarising is and my rights. It's 4:10am and it almost gave me the snoozer.Hey, I know you struggle with English, it's really not a problem.

Btw, you should really get to bed. It's Saturday tomorrow and your family will probably want to do something while you'll be sleeping half the day away in your wanking pit.

I mean, okay, you had Oprah to watch and arguments to cause on the internet but please, think of the children :cry:

Busyman
02-18-2006, 09:36 AM
I see that you like to argue. That seems to be your agenda here. Nothing more.
Ahhhh. So when I posted this thread I was picking an internet fight with you and mank.

Clueless you are.

When I asked about E85 vehicles, I was looking for questions about what I would do with such vehicle. It wasn't sensible.

So there is this small category of vehicles that meet your approval.:lol: :lol:

What's REALLY funny is that I haven't bought an SUV for years 'cause of YOUR same justifications and still won't 'cause of what I found out about E85.

Clueless you are.

Oh mank is the one who likes arguing (trolling). I just indulge him as always.

Busyman
02-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Oh thanks for helping with what summarising is and my rights. It's 4:10am and it almost gave me the snoozer.Hey, I know you struggle with English, it's really not a problem.

Btw, you should really get to bed. It's Saturday tomorrow and your family will probably want to do something while you'll be sleeping half the day away in your wanking pit.

I mean, okay, you had Oprah to watch and arguments to cause on the internet but please, think of the children :cry:
It's already Saturday, mank and I'll be up until at least 11pm.

Good trolling, mang.

manker
02-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Oh mank is the one who likes arguing (trolling).:lol:

Yeah, that's why I only argue with you and you argue with eeeeeveryone.

Busyman
02-18-2006, 09:43 AM

Well I will say you at least have a clue.

VB had a bug up his ass the moment I said SUV and then spend money.

Like everyone has to be at his income level or something.:dry:

Oh and my views differ with eeeeeeveryone so I don't have a bandwagon.

Fine by me.

Virtualbody1234
02-18-2006, 09:44 AM

Very good point manker.

It doesn't matter what I post. I just get the name calling and being told "get a clue" over and over.

Seems completely pointless.

Busyman
02-18-2006, 09:48 AM
:lol:

Very good point manker.

It doesn't matter what I post. I just get the name calling and being told "get a clue" over and over.

Seems completely pointless.
Post#3

Where did I call you a name?

Sorry but you have been clueless.

Virtualbody1234
02-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Listen. You are in a completely different league than me when it comes to arguing. You are so used to being insulting and cutthroat that I don't have a chance and I admit it. You win.

Busyman
02-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Listen. You are in a completely different league than me when it comes to arguing. You are so used to being insulting and cutthroat that I don't have a chance and I admit it. You win.
Well looky here......

I wasn't trying to win. I merely made a thread. Now true if you were one that fit these crazy spenders, you might have been offended. I'm 99% sure that you were not so you tell me the difference between my first post and your first post in this thread?

If I'm acting in a way to your disliking, don't first come at me like an asshole, expect me to take your shit, and then fucking cry about it.:dry:

Unlike many on here, I'm not looking to fuck with people. I actually post how I really feel (as in the first post) versus me posting that to get a crazy spender to come in and post something nasty.

There is a difference.

Virtualbody1234
02-18-2006, 10:16 AM
You're still winning.

manker
02-18-2006, 10:19 AM
:glag:

Busyman
02-18-2006, 10:22 AM
You're still winning.
Great I get a whole internet nothing prize. Thanks and whoopdeefuckingdooooooo!

Busyman
02-18-2006, 10:24 AM
:glag:
Yeah I've got tearz from all the laughter.:lol: :lol:

I won ya know. :mellow:

manker
02-18-2006, 10:25 AM
:ermm:

Cheese
02-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Anyone remember that Harry Enfield sketch? The one where he says "I am considerably richer than yow" at the end. The sketch would start with some mock concern over his mate/brother/whatever's financial status but was really just an excuse for him to show off about his own wealth/financial decisions.

enoughfakefiles
02-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Anyone remember that Harry Enfield sketch? The one where he says "I am considerably richer than yow" at the end. The sketch would start with some mock concern over his mate/brother/whatever's financial status but was really just an excuse for him to show off about his own wealth/financial decisions.

Yes, the birmingham couple :lookaroun

Cheese
02-18-2006, 12:41 PM

That's them. I used to love Harry Enfield back in the day. Whatever happened to him?

enoughfakefiles
02-18-2006, 12:56 PM

That's them. I used to love Harry Enfield back in the day. Whatever happened to him?

He was in the miss marple thing the other weekend, not that i watched it. I saw advertised :lookaroun

Proper Bo
02-18-2006, 03:32 PM
fast show>harry enfield and chums

hobbes
02-18-2006, 03:57 PM
I've got my credit cards maxed out and collection adgencies are hounding me. I have my mortage payment riding on a horse race. My shoes cost $300, but my house has wheels.

It is raining now, so I need to get a $55,000 SUV to tackle the impending mud.

My big concern is what color I should get.

JPaul
02-18-2006, 04:06 PM
I've got my credit cards maxed out and collection adgencies are hounding me. I have my mortage payment riding on a horse race. My shoes cost $300, but my house has wheels.

Maroon, you suit maroon.

enoughfakefiles
02-18-2006, 04:18 PM
fast show>harry enfield and chums

I'nt the fast show brilliant :01:

http://www.uktvlms.tv/series_images/790_large.jpg

MagicNakor
02-18-2006, 04:25 PM

Maroon, you suit maroon.

I always thought hobbes more of a terra cotta man.

:shuriken:

hobbes
02-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Maroon, you suit maroon.

I always thought hobbes more of a terra cotta man.

:shuriken:

maroon------> maron------> moron

Fun with homonymns.

/rodoff

I gave it an 8.5 for cleverness. :clap:

/rod on

Proper Bo
02-18-2006, 04:32 PM
I thought he was just referencing buggs bunny:huh:

JPaul
02-18-2006, 04:33 PM
I was referencing the blazer.

People are just sooo paranoid here.

hobbes
02-18-2006, 04:48 PM

Here I was creating subtle humor out of nothing.

I figured it apropos for anyone maxed out on their budget to buy an expensive car well beyond their means to be called a moron.

I really did think it clever. And it was just the avatar jacket.

I do think all these rods make us look at everything suspiciously, wondering what double entendres might lie below the surface.

JPaul
02-18-2006, 04:56 PM

I figured it apropos for anyone maxed out on their budget to buy an expensive car well beyond their means to be called a moron.

I do think all these rods make us look at everything suspiciously, wondering what double entendres might lie below the surface.

No, it really was what you thought the first time.

hobbes
02-18-2006, 04:58 PM

:wacko: :frusty: :angry: :pitchfork in eye:

JPaul
02-18-2006, 05:14 PM

:wacko: :frusty: :angry: :pitchfork in eye:
That's a bit h4r5h

Biggles
02-18-2006, 07:12 PM
A line from an old show called Whoops Apocalypse that I liked was "If God had meant us to be sensible he would not have given us credit cards"

There is a tipping point I suspect when people realise they are in so deep they just say "screw it - may as well hang for a sheep as a lamb".

Busyman
02-18-2006, 07:24 PM
A line from an old show called Whoops Apocalypse that I liked was "If God had meant us to be sensible he would not have given us credit cards"

There is a tipping point I suspect when people realise they are in so deep they just say "screw it - may as well hang for a sheep as a lamb".
One lady was just like that. The problem is you could lose everything. Our bankruptcy laws don't allow people to skate off scott free.

She would get bills and then throw them in the trash.
Her husband is ready to leave her.
She uses 8000 minutes a month on her cell phone.
She says she'll max out her credit card then not pay the bill.
She had to get her hair done every week (I think they said it amounted to 8 grand a year)

The husband was noticeably silent and steaming during an interview. At some point, he should've just taken control. He seemed like he spent shit.

Oh I forgot to add that she forged his signature to buy an SUV.:ph34r:

They said they live like roommates now because it's hard to be romantic when money is hanging over like that.

JPaul
02-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Isn't it (shopping) an addiction for some people.

Biggles
02-18-2006, 07:37 PM

I shop therefore I am :mellow:

JPaul
02-18-2006, 07:40 PM

Or according to your sig. I shop for shops, therefore I am.

Biggles
02-18-2006, 07:48 PM

It is cheaper to buy in bulk. :shifty:

JPaul
02-18-2006, 07:58 PM

No it isn't.:blink:

The unit costs may be lower, but saying that it's cheaper to buy more is mental.

Feckin' accountants.:angry:

Proper Bo
02-18-2006, 07:59 PM
b199l35=m4nk3r??

JPaul
02-18-2006, 08:01 PM
b199l35=m4nk3r
Who told you that busboy/yogi.

Proper Bo
02-18-2006, 08:02 PM
:unsure:

Busyman
02-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Absolutely as long as one doesn't buy too often.

I buy in bulk all the time but only for certain items.

Smith
02-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Its hard not spending money, I know it. I lost that damn job because of some seasonal bullshit, and now I have to pay that stupid cellphone bill. Rogers lied to me and said something wasnt long distance when it was, and my last bill was like 60$ when it should be 30$

I have all this money saved, but no source of income so I cant spend it. Worse of all I dont have my licence yet, so I cant leave town to work, so my choices are VERY limited.

Bah, money sux.

Busyman
02-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Its hard not spending money, I know it. I lost that damn job because of some seasonal bullshit, and now I have to pay that stupid cellphone bill. Rogers lied to me and said something wasnt long distance when it was, and my last bill was like 60$ when it should be 30$

I have all this money saved, but no source of income so I cant spend it. Worse of all I dont have my licence yet, so I cant leave town to work, so my choices are VERY limited.

Bah, money sux.
When do you get your license?

Plus do you still live with your parents?

Mr. Mulder
02-18-2006, 09:43 PM
I went mad and bought Resident Evil on DVD for £3.99 t'other day, and a milkshake today for £1.39 :o

twisterX
02-18-2006, 09:44 PM
good deal. all those damn DVD's cost like $15-$20.

JPaul
02-18-2006, 09:44 PM
I went mad and bought Resident Evil on DVD for £3.99 t'other day, and a milkshake today for £1.39 :o
Did you go bananas

Mr. Mulder
02-18-2006, 09:45 PM
:dabs:

Mr. Mulder
02-18-2006, 09:45 PM

Morrisons bargain bin ftw :smilie4:

twisterX
02-18-2006, 09:47 PM
yea the bargian bin has some old stuff for no less than $5

enoughfakefiles
02-18-2006, 09:48 PM

Morrisons bargain bin ftw :smilie4:

How much was the bin :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
02-18-2006, 09:49 PM
with all the DVD's included? I'd say about £48.99 :smilie4:

JPaul
02-18-2006, 09:51 PM
with all the DVD's included? I'd say about £48.99 :smilie4:
$2,500 :O

Mr. Mulder
02-18-2006, 09:53 PM
$2,500!1 :o