PDA

View Full Version : Opera 9 has integrated adblock

bashnu
02-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Added content blocking feature. Right click on a page and select "Block content", then click on content that you want to block. Alternatively, use Tools > Advanced > Content blocked to manage blocked content.

http://snapshot.opera.com/windows/w90p2.html

fkdup74
02-19-2006, 05:35 PM
nice.
will be even nicer once v9 goes final
I can't be bothered on a beta :snooty:

LilAznAccommodator
02-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Just what I didnt like about Opera before but now there is adblocking, may switch back to it when it becomes final.

curious george
02-21-2006, 10:14 PM
I don't know much about Opera (I'm a firefox user), but adblocking is possible on FF with a plug in too. *shrugs*

Busyman
02-21-2006, 10:47 PM
I don't know much about Opera (I'm a firefox user), but adblocking is possible on FF with a plug in too. *shrugs*
:O

Wolfmight
02-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Eh, I might as well install it as a third browser.
I currently use Firefox the most, but I use Avant Browser for ytmnd.com (background music lags bad with firefox, cuz it uses the Quicktime codecs Which can't seem to be swapped with win-media player codecs... :blink: )

Opera 9 will be my sit back and enjoy the music browser. Maybe I'll use it more than Firefox, but it'll have to be pretty damn good for that.

btw, Avant is like the firefox version of IE. It's basicly IE without all the CRAP and many security features, tweaks, and fun toys added.

S!X
02-21-2006, 11:54 PM
My firefox is slow as fuck and uses like 100 megs of ram. any ideas? Im thinking of going opera :unsure:

asmithz
02-22-2006, 12:17 AM
I'll goto Opera when you can ad a whole list of stuff you want to block, like in FF so i can have no ads at all. Thats the only thing it's missing to have me switch.