PDA

View Full Version : WWE Hall of Fame

JPaul
02-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Brett "The Hitman" Hart, The Excellence of Execution, is being inducted in April 2006.

About feckin' time, says I.

twisterX
02-20-2006, 02:21 AM
i never seen that guy wrestle. :lol:

BrolyBoo
02-20-2006, 03:25 AM
what took them so long?

DorisInsinuate
02-20-2006, 08:29 AM
what took them so long?
They were waiting for the best time to do his comeback storyline.

djgfx
02-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Yea, WrestleMania this year is preeety shitty and they need like a big push to sell the event and what better time to bring back Bret then at Wrestlemania. WWE is very smart about these kinds of things because they know when to rack in the money, i bet they start selling Bret Hart merchandize like crazzzzy right now..

Personally i think Bret was an okay wrestler, and he was prolly the worst on the mic, but he just had a good "image" with the glasses and everything. The Rock is still my all time fav.

JPaul
02-20-2006, 08:09 PM
There was the big fall out with Vince McMahon, which really did happen. When he was leaving for WCW he had a deal that he would win his last WWF fight, but McMahon told the ref to count him out. Hart was furious about it and they really didn't get on for a long time.

Biggles
02-20-2006, 08:11 PM
My favourite

http://www.tenan.vuurwerk.nl/reports/muggs/panda.jpg

JPaul
02-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Reported for constant spamming.

Cheese
02-20-2006, 08:26 PM
To be honest I am a bit surprised that Brett has agreed to this, I thought the only reason he did the recent DVD was to make sure they didn't bury him like they did to the Ultimate Warrior (which is a must-see DVD for wrestling fans). Also, I hear he was in talks with TNA.

Storyline-wise they might have him make an appearance in the current HBK/Vince feud, which would be pretty cool. He could side with HBK ftw.

I hear that Eddie Guerrero will be announced as a Hall of Fame inductee as well.

JPaul
02-20-2006, 08:30 PM
It's got to be a cash thing mate, or am I wrong in saying that TNA is still relatively very small.

Good news about Eddie, he would have got in at some stage anyhow, so it's a cool idea to do it now.

Cheese
02-20-2006, 08:41 PM
It's got to be a cash thing mate, or am I wrong in saying that TNA is still relatively very small.

Yeah, TNA is pretty small at the moment but they are winning lots of plaudits with the great matches they are putting on. I thought maybe Brett wanted to get away from WWE's style and help out an organisation that is putting the wrestling first as opposed to the over-the-top (but great imo) storylines.

Download and watch TNA's last PPV (Against All Odds) if you get the chance, Samoan Joe is the best wrestler around at the moment (imo). For a little fat guy he sure can move. His triple threat match with AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels was a thing of beauty, almost as good as one they had last year (I can't remember what PPV that one was mind). There's some other good matches on there including former Raw wrestler Rhino vrs Abyss and former Smackdown stars the Dudley Boys and Christian also have some good matches each.

JPaul
02-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I sometimes watch it on Sky and as you say it's more the wrastlin' than the stoyline.

The hexagoned square circle is also a good idea, presumably nicked from the Ultimate Fighting, which gives it an undercurrent of authenticy. Quite a nice trick.

djgfx
02-20-2006, 09:08 PM
i dont really watch wrestling anymore..i did for almost 10 years from 96-2005.. for some reason it doesn't entertain me anymore because im a amature wrestler in high school right now and watching guys pretend like they hate each other and do fake moves isn't entertaining to me. The original reason i watched wrestling was for the story lines back in the WWF attitude days, but now they are really shitty so to me wrestling entertainment has lost its value..the only way i would ever watch it again is if Bret Heart and Shawn Micheals make a tag team and have a hell in a cell match with NWO and DX lol

BrolyBoo
02-21-2006, 01:09 AM
i think wwf is better than wwe

WWE is really stupid (both shows) and they never do any more amazing stuff

WWF was pretty interesting (both shows) and they did some cool things

MrFister
02-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Brett Hart was something pretty special in his WWF days. I've not been watching lately but is he making a comeback to the ring? Not sure from some of the posts.

manker
02-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Interesting that someone called 'MrFister' posts in a thread about WWE - talking of comebacks in rings, no less.

A spot of fisting is how some of t'wrastlin' chaps unwind after a good grapple.

Cheese
02-21-2006, 10:27 AM
I still snigger when a football commentator says, "He fists it (away)" on the TV or FIFA 2006.

Bob Dude
02-21-2006, 11:16 PM
People actually like wrestling? :blink:

DorisInsinuate
02-21-2006, 11:21 PM
I don't think they do. I hear the wrestlers just spray Lynx on each other and that gets them going.

Bob Dude
02-21-2006, 11:21 PM
:lol:

JPaul
02-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Brett Hart was something pretty special in his WWF days. I've not been watching lately but is he making a comeback to the ring? Not sure from some of the posts.
Yes, yes he is.

However it's going to be a big surprise when he does.

Bob Dude
02-21-2006, 11:28 PM
yeah, such a big suprise that your are all ready for it before it's gonna happen...

manker
02-21-2006, 11:37 PM
yeah, such a big suprise that your are all ready for it before it's gonna happen...You need to get some streetsmartz, yo.

Bob Dude
02-21-2006, 11:39 PM
yeah, such a big suprise that your are all ready for it before it's gonna happen...You need to get some streetsmartz, yo.
I can dig... I'll go try and steal me some fo' sho'

CCCT2005
02-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Will be good to see what the Hitman has to say when hes inducted , im also glad to see Eddie Guererro being inducted into this years hall of fame class.

CCCT2005
02-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Anyone have any guess who else you might see in this years hall of fame class ?

BrolyBoo
02-22-2006, 05:00 AM
Muhammed Hussain

Cheese
02-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Anyone have any guess who else you might see in this years hall of fame class ?

Arn Anderson, Tony Atlas, and Sherri Martel. Maybe.