PDA

View Full Version : SuprNova’s SuprFiles

twisterX
02-22-2006, 01:32 AM
The developers behind the former torrent site SuprNova have unveiled their latest creation to the public – a free image hosting site called SuprFile.

It is the latest development from the slightly disorientated SuprNova team, which is lead by Andrej Preston. Preston is better known online as Sloncek.

After the gargantuan SuprNova Torrents was forced offline under legal pressure for hosting torrent files, the SuprNova website became an advertising spot for the failed eXeem P2P network.

These days, the site is used by Sloncek and other SuprNova Forum members to dabble in producing original P2P news.

Meanwhile, the SuprNova Torrents code has been resurrected by friends of Sloncek at NewNova.org.

It was at the SuprNova News site and NewNova that the latest addition to the Supr family was announced.

“SuprFile is an image hosting site, which allows you to upload GIF, JPEG and PNG files up to 1 MB in size. Once you have uploaded your image, you are taken to a “codes” site, where you can get all sorts of prewritten codes for your website/forums or just links to give to your friends,” proclaimed Sloncek on SuprNova.org.

ImageShack.us users will feel at home at SuprFile. Users simply browse for a compatible image their computer, enter a few words to describe the image and then press Upload File.

The next screen goes straight to providing a list of useful codes to link to the file, so users can quickly pass the image to friends, or display it on internet forums or a website.

There is no need to sign up for an account, but there are the usual strict usage rules associated with free services, which are designed to keep bandwidth costs down and advertisers happy.

Lead developer Adam Zey told the SuprNova Forums, “SuprFile is a free image hosting service, designed to be incredibly easy to use. Much easier to use than most competitors, we think!”

However, Slyck found the layout to be virtually identical to ImageShack.us, except with less functionality. For example, less image types are supported, there is no option to resize pictures and there is no option to bulk-upload.

Zey views it differently and argues that features are not everything.

“... [for] feature suggestions such as resizing I have to figure out a way to integrate it without complicating the site. Simplicity is key, since that's our selling point.”

There is a bandwidth limit of 100mb per image, but images under 50kb are unlimited.

:source: Source: Slyck

twisterX
02-22-2006, 01:33 AM
what is it with these people? they need to drop it becuase they seem to be trying to get back to the top when it is not possible. They had one good thing suprnova. Exxem sucked and this will too. Just becuase you had something before doesnt mean that since its the same people you will have it again.

RealitY
02-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Saw this earlier but didnt know if this could be considered news or even interesting for that matter.
Seems they will attempt to get get anything going with the former popularity of its name...

LegendaryU2K
02-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Sounds good. :) I plan on using newnova soon, and i will also look into using suprfiles.

true_neo
02-22-2006, 02:38 AM
Sounds good. :) I plan on using newnova soon, and i will also look into using suprfiles.You also use programs from the 20th century, I think this point alone invalidates your opinion :lol:
Nah just kidding mate, I won't troll you for using outdated software :P

While this thing will undoubtedly suck harder than a renegade vacuum cleaner with a Ferarri engine, it's good that they try. I mean what can it hurt? :P

twisterX
02-22-2006, 05:07 AM
Saw this earlier but didnt know if this could be considered news or even interesting for that matter.
Seems they will attempt to get get anything going with the former popularity of its name...

totally agree.

Hairbautt
02-22-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't see whats so bad.

LegendaryU2K
03-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Any word on when its coming out?

RealitY
03-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Why not just use ImageShack or is there somthing else your waiting on...

LegendaryU2K
03-06-2006, 10:18 PM
I do use imageshack and of course other image hosting sites, but adding suprnova superfiles to the list would be nice too.