PDA

View Full Version : Uwe Boll blames us for his failures

mike45450
02-23-2006, 01:49 AM
Uwe Boll, the film director of House of the Dead and Alone in The Dark fame, sat down with Eurogamer to talk about his films but he used the interview to answer back the game community and blame us, game journalists, for his recent failures.
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10261/Uwe-Boll-Blames-Us-for-His-Failures/

What an utter ass

Guyver
02-23-2006, 04:23 AM
I like videogame movies, and hes like the only one out there making them...

His new on coming out actually looks decent, "in the name of the king"(dengeon Seige)

Busyman
02-23-2006, 04:46 AM
I think his videogame movies are total shit.

I liked House Of The Dead 2 better than the original and that was a Sci-Fi original cable movie.

Alone In The Dark was shit. I already saw The Relic and it was 100x better.

I have not seen Bloodrayne but I'm not pressed to either. I'll see it on DVD 'cause I'll be damned if I'ma actually pay money to see a videogame movie from a director who's already proven himself an idiot at making them.

Even in the making of it (saw it on cable) of HOTD he seemed inept.

He's fit to make movies for teenagers that go straight to video.

More games he's going to fuck up
Fear Effect
Postal
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale
Hunter: The Reckoning
Far Cry

From the article:

I personally think that with the budget they've planned, Halo will be a failure. I think Halo will not make the money back in the end.
I agree possibly with the budget concern but that doesn't mean it won't be a good movie.

Hell I thought Waterworld was decent. Fuck I care if the studio made it's money back. I'm a spectator not an exec.

Guyver
02-23-2006, 05:54 AM

I liked House Of The Dead 2 better than the original and that was a Sci-Fi original cable movie.

I have not seen Bloodrayne but I'm not pressed to either. I'll see it on DVD 'cause I'll be damned if I'ma actually pay money to see a videogame movie from a director who's already proven himself an idiot at making them.

Fear Effect
Postal
Far Cry

From the article:

I personally think that with the budget they've planned, Halo will be a failure. I think Halo will not make the money back in the end.
I agree possibly with the budget concern but that doesn't mean it won't be a good movie.

Hell I thought Waterworld was decent. Fuck I care if the studio made it's money back. I'm a spectator not an exec.

Isnt peter jackson making the halo movie?

Busyman
02-23-2006, 06:59 AM

Fear Effect
Postal
Far Cry

From the article:

As of now, he's only producing it with Guillermo del Toro set to direct.

Not a bad choice. Toro directed Mimic, Blade II, and Hellboy.:happy:

Guyver
02-23-2006, 09:34 AM

all good movies lol

Busyman
02-23-2006, 01:45 PM

all good movies lol
Probably my least favorite was Hellboy.

Guyver
02-23-2006, 08:51 PM
all good movies lol

I thought hellboy was well made, hellboy looked so awsome

Busyman
02-23-2006, 08:57 PM

I thought hellboy was well made, hellboy looked so awsome
Yeah it was decent. I just liked Blade II and Mimic better.

Hellboy is just the newest.

Guyver
02-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Uwe boll should go back to school lol

3RA1N1AC
03-04-2006, 07:55 AM
i read some article a while ago that claimed uwe boll is actually running a scam to cheat the german government out of a bunch of money because the investors are compensated with complete tax writeoffs for making flops. and his ridiculous interviews are fully intended to piss people off so absolutely nobody will pay to see his movies and get them out of the red (i.e. "in the red" = unprofitable).

from here: http://www.cinemablend.com/feature.php?id=209

But crucially, the bizarre tax laws in Germany mean that any wealthy Germans who invest in a movie can write-off the production cost, delay paying their taxes and generally reduce their tax burden. When you disseminate all the boring legal business law surrounding it the bottom line is this – the German investors in a movie only pay tax on any RETURNS the movie makes, their investment is 100% deductible, so the minute the movie makes a profit, said investor has to start paying tax. Plus the investors can actually borrow money to put towards investment and write that off too. Assuming you’re a sharp enough businessman you have a potential goldmine in the making; a way to make money from investing in bad movies...

what sort of person who's seriously trying to make a good movie would show footage from a fucken DREAMCAST GAME on a full-sized cinema screen?