PDA

View Full Version : Ratio Question

pimply
02-25-2006, 04:52 AM
hi pll here i am again anywayz, i go to bitsoup, whihc i like, great site for movies, well let me get to the ponit, what is ratio? in some private traker sites if u dont have a good ratio u get banned, now am curious whats a ratio? :lookaroun

donk
02-25-2006, 08:03 AM
whats a ratio?

From my understanding, ratio is the comparison between how much you download and upload.

For example:
If your upload amount equals your download amount you will have a ratio of 1:1
If you download more than you upload you will have a ratio less than 1
If you upload more than you download you will have a ratio greater than 1

pimply
02-25-2006, 02:32 PM
so i should be having 1.1? or is seeding something to do with this? :ermm:

tyler360
02-25-2006, 06:10 PM
uploaded data divided by downloaded data = ratio
a good ratio is 1.000
a tolerable ratio is 0.600
a great ratio is >2.000

limbeck6
02-26-2006, 03:49 AM
so i should be having 1.1? or is seeding something to do with this? :ermm:

seeding has nothing to do with it, it's all about comparing the amount you've downloaded w/ the amount you've uploaded.
Most private trackers want you to have at a 1:1 ratio or greater, meaning they want you to upload at least the amount of data you are downloading.

dodgy368
02-27-2006, 11:57 PM
whats a ratio?

From my understanding, ratio is the comparison between how much you download and upload.

For example:

Not quite right Donk, if your upload equals your d/l your ratio will be 1:0.;)

Pimply, if you upload the same amount or more as you download for each file then you will have a good ratio.:)

manker
02-28-2006, 01:09 AM

For example:

Not quite right Donk, if your upload equals your d/l your ratio will be 1:0.;):blink:

No, the ratio expressed as a number will be 1.0 (i.e. all he has uploaded divided by all he has downloaded) - but the actual ratio is 1:1.

Donk was quite correct.

dodgy368
02-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Not quite right Donk, if your upload equals your d/l your ratio will be 1:0.;):blink:

No, the ratio expressed as a number will be 1.0 (i.e. all he has uploaded divided by all he has downloaded) - but the actual ratio is 1:1.

Donk was quite correct.

Sorry Donk, you was right, got my dots all confused!:w00t:

@manker, you got lucky against Wigan!:P

manker
02-28-2006, 02:38 AM
Yeah, lucky we've not got any central midfielders - the result might have been really embarrassing if we had :blushing:

pimply
03-01-2006, 03:02 PM
ight check this out, bitsoup.org for those of u that arent familer with it its a privitetraker site, nowi have a problum my ratio in thedamn site is 598 something around there, now.. heres my question, howcan i get this number up in the next fivedaysbefore they ban me?:stars:

finius
03-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Ratio is downloaded amount compared to uploaded amount. so if you downloaded 1k and uploaded .5k you would have a .5 ratio or twice as much downloading as uploading

phalex
03-03-2006, 12:24 AM
ratio is the quotient of how much you upload between how much you download. it is expected to stay above 1.0 at all times. i usually keep a hefty buffer of a few gigs at least, so if i spot something i need fast, i won't have to worry about my ratio. and it helps the community too.