PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone confirm this for me...?

dr_shabzzz
02-26-2006, 01:08 AM
Hello all...though i'd start off with a question...

I found this torrent on www.torrentz.com....

Microsoft Windows Xp Professional Corporate Sp2 Integrated February 2006 Multi Image Eth0

i could post a link but i think this may be against the rules...

I'm downloading it with azureus at the moment, can anyone confirm that this version actulally works??

dr_shabzzz
02-26-2006, 11:32 AM
anyone...? help a noob out :D

phrenzy
02-26-2006, 01:09 PM
I have know Idea if it works but a word to the wise " Beware of Operating Systems on public trackers". I do not d/l anything from public trackers. Just my 2cents..

asymvivastos
02-26-2006, 04:50 PM
The same torrent exists also in torrent leech so I assume that it should be ok.:blushing:

I have downloaded it but still haven't use it.

dr_shabzzz
02-27-2006, 09:28 AM
hmm, no pubic trackers? i just thought it would be nice having all the latest hotfixes....can no1 else confirm this one to be working?

bump bump...anyone confirm this as working? i dont wanna reformat and be stuck without a computer :(

Rip The Jacker
02-27-2006, 08:24 PM
The same torrent is at TorrentLeech, and all of the comments are positive. Most people are saying things like "it works, thanks."

Seems fine to me...

X.Genetica
02-27-2006, 08:29 PM
yo..Download from Torrentspy.com

that one worked for me..
+microsoft is dumb..you can get updates, I'll tell you how after you're download is finished

From torrentspy..download the microsft pro +sp2

good Luck

dr_shabzzz
03-01-2006, 12:50 AM
it finished within 4 hours :) thanks for confirmation guys!

...i'm guessing its just a serial for this one? seeing as its the corp edition...?

phalex
03-03-2006, 12:34 AM
yea.. i'm assuming it's a version integrated with SP2 and all the updates up until feb.06.. i'm guessing it's ok, i'd download it if i didn't have plenty of Windows versions as it is..

j0shin
03-04-2006, 07:38 AM
A friend of mine downloaded this when he re-formatted. Works fine. :up:

nedkat
03-04-2006, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't bother with OS's without a test HD. Just get a 6-8 gig used HD for pocket change to employ in these situations.

EDIT: you can also use the same HD with OS installed to try more suspect softwares that you might download in future.

Good luck with it.

dr_shabzzz
03-16-2006, 10:39 PM
just tried installing this file and it didnt work...restarted the pc and booted from the cd as you would...and once its created a new partition and formatted it starts installing xp...after which it says there are files missing, quite a few of them :( :(

now ive tried re-burning this twice using different software, different media, and slower speeds...still nothing has helped!! can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong...or offer me an alternative place to find windows xp with sp2 integrated etc etc...

thanks guys in advance :)

darkforce
03-17-2006, 07:13 PM
maybe that one is corrupt, you never know on a public site, perhaps you should try gettin into a private site where you can be assured the torrents are what they are,otherwise goodbye uploader!

j0hn
03-18-2006, 12:41 AM
i recommend using djb77's windows xp sp2 releases on demonoid
very well put together releases, packed full of optional pre-installed programs, and windows tweaks
also windows updates enabled, and no cd key required

Borizmeiko
03-18-2006, 11:15 PM
thats good to know