PDA

View Full Version : This massive influx of new members...

j2k4
02-26-2006, 07:29 PM
...is bound to include a conservative or two.

Bad news for all you libs. :D

GepperRankins
02-26-2006, 07:33 PM
we just dismiss what you say anyway :snooty:

Busyman
02-26-2006, 07:44 PM
TempestV is conservative and he's pretty new....he's not sheeplike either.

Rather refreshing.:happy:

Santa
02-26-2006, 08:05 PM
more opinion = less opinion

j2k4
02-26-2006, 08:38 PM

He drives a Saab, has access to a really fast truck, and owns a high-velocity small-bore cannon.

I think you have him on throwing stars and stuff like that.

Don't know a thing about his shopping habits.

I haven't seen/heard him claim a conservative view, either.

Are you jumping to conclusions?

Busyman
02-26-2006, 08:55 PM

He drives a Saab, has access to a really fast truck, and owns a high-velocity small-bore cannon.

No, I actually saw him say that he follows more of the conservative views.

I don't know wth you mean with the throwings stars and shopping habits.:huh: Didn't know that had to do with political leanings.

Are you jumping to conclusions about my conclusions?

hamm
02-26-2006, 09:24 PM

Might that not lead to conclusion consussion? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/n-b-s/see_stars.gif

j2k4
02-26-2006, 09:33 PM

No, I actually saw him say that he follows more of the conservative views.

I don't know wth you mean with the throwings stars and shopping habits.:huh: Didn't know that had to do with political leanings.

Yes-it is a tactic of yours I've taken a liking to.

Tempestv
02-26-2006, 09:50 PM

If I am considered conservitive, that doesn't say much for Bush's popularity rating- I hate the fucker. I actually consider myself moderate. BTW, the saab is gone, sold it for 1800. bought my Mazda pickup for 700, so that I would have money for a computer and have a truck, and the really fast truck that was spoken of has a blown engine.

Wow though, first time I've ever been called a conservitive- weird

peat moss
02-26-2006, 10:10 PM
I had n't been on for a few days and was surprised at the most members on line record : Most users ever online was 1283, Today at 12:35 PM.

j2k4
02-26-2006, 10:42 PM

If I am considered conservitive, that doesn't say much for Bush's popularity rating- I hate the fucker. I actually consider myself moderate. BTW, the saab is gone, sold it for 1800. bought my Mazda pickup for 700, so that I would have money for a computer and have a truck, and the really fast truck that was spoken of has a blown engine.

Pay it no mind.

Busyman misses a lot.

My negative comments about Bush totally escape him.

He also has a preoccupation with sheep and their behavior.

Tempestv
02-26-2006, 11:03 PM
I have some conservitive views, such as on guns, but currently, I would not vote for the Republican party

Busyman
02-27-2006, 12:33 AM

Yeah, apologies. I think you actually said that many of your economic beliefs side with conservatives.

Busyman
02-27-2006, 12:39 AM

Pay it no mind.

Busyman misses a lot.

True, although it's funny that a person named Bush tears your sheep assholes out and you continue to follow. I mean, you must feel the Dick behind you.

vidcc
02-27-2006, 01:24 AM
I mean, you must feel the Dick behind you. only when he is hunting wepuwiccan wawers :unsure: :P

j2k4
02-27-2006, 04:03 AM
I mean, you must feel the Dick behind you. only when he is hunting wepuwiccan wawers :unsure: :P

That you would hang with a post that lame rather than keep your fingers to yourself speaks volumes. ;)

hamm
02-27-2006, 05:13 AM
I rather enjoyed it. :lol:

Though I somehow pictured RealitY posting it instead.

Busyman
02-27-2006, 05:16 AM

Yeah I thought it funny as well.

j2k4
02-27-2006, 10:58 AM

Why, does he like sheep too? :huh:

GepperRankins
02-27-2006, 03:09 PM

Pay it no mind.

Busyman misses a lot.

your negative bush comments are like hints that are trying not to offend :dabs:

they are quite hard to catch. :smilie4:

vidcc
02-27-2006, 04:47 PM
I've notice the forum is slow loading of late.

Is the "massive influx" slowing the forum down (overloading the server) or is it possible that the odd "conservative or two" are holding progress back :pinch:

Tempestv
02-27-2006, 05:07 PM

Is the "massive influx" slowing the forum down (overloading the server) or is it possible that the odd "conservative or two" are holding progress back :pinch:

ya, I've noticed it to, every page that loads says it has an error

j2k4
02-27-2006, 08:59 PM

You are suffering from the liberal compulsion to stretch the truth.

Is it a "living" thing, like your Constitution? :P

vidcc
02-27-2006, 11:23 PM

Is it a "living" thing, like your Constitution? :PAs oppose to how you conservatives view the constitution, which is dead, buried and forgotten huh?:P

j2k4
02-27-2006, 11:47 PM

Is it a "living" thing, like your Constitution? :PAs oppose to how you conservatives view the constitution, which is dead, buried and forgotten huh?:P

Oh, Blaspheme!!! :P

vidcc
02-27-2006, 11:57 PM
As oppose to how you conservatives view the constitution, which is dead, buried and forgotten huh?:P

Oh, Blaspheme!!! :P
Blaspheme:blink:

I said the constitution, not the ten commandments, oh hold on.....conservatives think the ten commandments is the.............................;) :naughty: :lol:

Originally Posted by j2k4

So you admit it is the truth then...even if stretched:shifty:

hamm
02-28-2006, 07:28 AM
So you admit it is the truth then...even if stretched.

Noice! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/n-b-s/you_bet.gif

j2k4
02-28-2006, 11:11 AM
So you admit it is the truth then...even if stretched.

Noice! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/n-b-s/you_bet.gif

Apologies for mis-speaking; delete "stretch", insert mangle.

Snee
02-28-2006, 12:45 PM

I hope you do realise that in my part of the world you might well be considered a liberal.

Given your stance on guns*, and whatnot.

*Which is downright anarchistic/anti-authoritarian.

'sides, you're a republican, that's not very conservative, historically speaking, either.

So in my thinking, what you're really saying is that you are happy you've got some new liberals to back you up, 'cos that's what you want, globally speaking.
(I think, at one point, I figured you thought like one of them commies in old Czekoslovakia.)

I don't mind people with conservative views, as long as they are conservative in the right place :P

j2k4
02-28-2006, 08:44 PM

I hope you do realise that in my part of the world you might well be considered a liberal.

Given your stance on guns*, and whatnot.

*Which is downright anarchistic/anti-authoritarian.

'sides, you're a republican, that's not very conservative, historically speaking, either.

So in my thinking, what you're really saying is that you are happy you've got some new liberals to back you up, 'cos that's what you want, globally speaking.
(I think, at one point, I figured you thought like one of them commies in old Czekoslovakia.)

I don't mind people with conservative views, as long as they are conservative in the right place :P

I speak only of conservatives, American specie; of the others, I know naught. ;)

Snee
02-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Shut it, commie.

Seriously tho', it does my head in sometimes what americans consider conservative opions.

j2k4
02-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Shut it, commie.

Seriously tho', it does my head in sometimes what americans consider conservative opions.

Now, that's odd.:huh:

Snee
02-28-2006, 09:57 PM
I meant to say Opiums, obviously.

j2k4
02-28-2006, 10:02 PM
I meant to say Opiums, obviously.

Yeah, I thought so.

I have no response, however. ;)

Busyman
03-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Shut it, commie.

Well conservative should mean traditional and opposing change.

Liberal should mean that ideas can be more malleable.

For instance, a liberal attitude is what helped get rid of slavery and establish equal rights for women....but also wants to establish gay marriage rights.

j2k4
03-01-2006, 02:45 AM
Shut it, commie.

For instance, a liberal attitude is what helped get rid of slavery and establish equal rights for women....but also wants to establish gay marriage rights.

Well, I'm sure Lincoln didn't know from a conservative, but even if the idea he had was a liberal one, I'm glad of it.

Busyman
03-01-2006, 02:58 AM

Well, I'm sure Lincoln didn't know from a conservative, but even if the idea he had was a liberal one, I'm glad of it.
Yeah the names have been adopted to match current party views.

I'm speaking from what I think the words mean.

The idea was definitely a liberal one. However, so is gay marriage which is partly why I don't like being pigeon holed as liberal.

GreyBear
03-01-2006, 06:26 AM
Shut it, commie.

And you think thats a bad thing? Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. No one said you had to take it up the ass just cause theyre married eh?

Conservative and Liberal are both terms that have been taken grossly out of proportion. Its Conservative and Liberal SpendingSpending. Neither of wich has anything to do with womens, blacks, or gay rights... but everything to do with taxation and bills.

Busyman
03-01-2006, 06:48 AM

And you think thats a bad thing? Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. No one said you had to take it up the ass just cause theyre married eh?

Conservative and Liberal are both terms that have been taken grossly out of proportion. Its Conservative and Liberal SpendingSpending. Neither of wich has anything to do with womens, blacks, or gay rights... but everything to do with taxation and bills.
Well conservative and liberal mean different things.

To your first, I don't have a liberal attitude toward marriage.

I believe some things are based on opposite gender.

Why are there separate bathroom facilities?
Why shouldn't an unlimited number of people be allowed to marry one another (polygamy) in various configurations?

Al, John, Jill, and Lafawnduh are married. :ermm:

If many consider the homosexual lifestyle okay than it should be nothing wrong with a parent encouraging it, right?

The hetero lifestyle is encouraged and homo and hetero are supposedly equal, right?

Tempestv
03-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Why shouldn't an unlimited number of people be allowed to marry one another (polygamy) in various configurations?

I grew up near a fundementalest Mormon community that practiced Polygamy. I have a lot of friends that have five moms and 50 brothers and sisters. that community is screwed up for other reasons, but polygamy doesn't seem to have affected them much. not saying I'm supporting it, more that I am indifferent on that.

Busyman
03-01-2006, 08:12 AM

I grew up near a fundementalest Mormon community that practiced Polygamy. I have a lot of friends that have five moms and 50 brothers and sisters. that community is screwed up for other reasons, but polygamy doesn't seem to have affected them much. not saying I'm supporting it, more that I am indifferent on that.
Yeah I don't think a homosexual or polygamist is any worse a person than anyone else.

I don't know any polygamists and don't have any homosexual friends but have been cool with some homosexual coworkers. One I was cool with until an ex-girlfriend of mine told me that he really liked me and then I really didn't want deal with him anymore. It was a "hi, what's goin on?, see ya later" typa thang after that. Me and one of my friends worked at the phone company and knew he was gay...flaming gay...but it's not like came at us talkin' about his love life or anything.

He was cool. He was even in a movie called "Paris Is Burning" (some gay documentary). My ex used to live with him before we got together and after we were together, she told me some wild shit about how he hated that I was running through all the women in the office and that he was describing all the stuff he wanted to do.....:sick: It was more graphic than I even wanna say 'cause I'll yack. At that time he had left to go to another job in another state.

Years later he apparently moved back down here and came up to my office and invited me to lunch. However, after hearing what my ex said (and it was years at this time), it was that stereotypical "this motherfuckers probably looking at my ass" stuff so I just said I was busy and was real polite about it.

I won't say that I can never have a male gay friend but I'm thinking that the same feeling I would have toward a female, he may feel toward me while I'm just thinking of him as one of the fellas. I understand people will feel how they feel but if it's a dude, I don't wanna know about it.

Doesn't quite work.:wacko:

Back to the polygamy thing...that seems like that's seriously concentrated in the Midwest.

Tempestv
03-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Back to the polygamy thing...that seems like that's seriously concentrated in the Midwest.

I don't know about that, the only places I have heard of it are Pinesdale MT and Utah.

as for the same sex marriage, I could really care less, as it doesn't really affect me. let them do what they want. I am not going to get in their way, and I am not going to go out of my way to help them out. if it was on a ballot, yes or no, allow or disallow, I would probably vote to allow it just because I have no reason to vote to disallow it.

Busyman
03-01-2006, 01:10 PM

I don't know about that, the only places I have heard of it are Pinesdale MT and Utah.

as for the same sex marriage, I could really care less, as it doesn't really affect me. let them do what they want. I am not going to get in their way, and I am not going to go out of my way to help them out. if it was on a ballot, yes or no, allow or disallow, I would probably vote to allow it just because I have no reason to vote to disallow it.
Sounds like you'd feel the same about polygamy and prostitution then.

I understand the logic.