PDA

View Full Version : Jacc Marketing - Blue Ice UK LTD info

bertie28
02-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know anything about JACC Marketing ltd eg. who are they? are they a good company to work for? Are they full of it? Had interview and got assessment centre but cant find any info on them anywhere. Their chat about money and stuff just seems bit too good to be true?!!

Skweeky1
03-01-2006, 11:54 AM
JACC Marketing in Glasgow?

Are they telling you that you're going to be a millionaire and that you'll own your own office?

In that case...
Run as far away from them as you can.
I used to work for them, in fact I helped starting up that company and was the first Scottish trainer promoted ( ok, I'm Belgian, but you catch my drift)
It's commission only, the stuff they sell is substandard to say the least and the manager is a complete and utter wanker.

PS: I have to mention though. They have a sister company called IPG Imports LTD. It's run by a guy called George Kennedy. My boyfriend trained him and he's a really decent guy. They give excellent training and I've seen a few people making it there. If you don't mind doing a commission only job then I think it's worth a try.

They moan at you when you're off ill and the only good manager they had is running an office in Amsterdam now.

If you want to get into sales I'll give you a job. We do the same thing as them. Only... you're not expected to work 14 hours a day.

Sorry... rant over.
I just really can't stand the owner of that company. We worked together closely for a few months and he's an annoying little fuck

NikkiD
03-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Don't sugar coat it Skweeks, tell him how you really feel. :P

bertie28
03-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Cheers for the heads up skweeky, got the impression it was a lot of shite. Got some other gigs lined up but cheers for the job offer. Thanks again

Skweeky1
03-02-2006, 12:44 PM

They'll ban me if I do that:dry:

I am curious though Bertie... what division is it this time? Direct, flyers or events?

Wayne10
06-22-2006, 05:45 PM
THIS COMPANY ARE FULL OF CRAP! They advertise as a GRADUATE training programme, promising exceptional training and a wealh of riches. The reality however is so much different.

If you have just completed university and have your heart set on a career selling bric-a-brac to mindless strangers in social clubs, bookies, and lock-up garages for twelve hours per day (under the guise of B2B marketing!) then this is the position for you! If DelBoy Trotter is you idol, then give them a call!

I know this as I 'negotiated' the first two rounds of the interview process.

I have no real problem with the manager - despite being completly misled - but would hate for some other genuine graduate to waste a full day 'in-the-field' as part of their second round interview.

I reiterate, THEYARE FULL OF CRAP!

If you have any remaining doubt ask yourself why such an international and reputable company does not have a website... WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO HIDE? I think that says enough.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!

Skweeky1
06-22-2006, 05:56 PM
True...

although, I have to say...
It does teach you to work hard and you do learn some sale skills...
Well that was with the previous manager anyway.

I think it's not a bad holiday job if you want to get into business. Can't get ot the top if you don't start at the bottom

DanB
06-22-2006, 06:03 PM
you've changed your tune Skweeks

Wayne10
06-22-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm all for hard work, Skweeky, that's why I worked like a trooper at univeristy. Just don't advertise as a 'Graduate Training Programme' when it CLEARLY is not.

If they were up-front about what the job is all about from the outset then debt-ridden graduates like myself would not have wasted time and money attending the interview.

Skweeky1
06-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Naw, Dan, it's not a good company to work for and it's not something you want to do as a career. And they shouldn't advertise as a graduate training programme, because that's the last thing it is.

However, it IS a good experience and it IS a great holiday job and you USED to learn stuff with the old manager.

The guys running it now are both nitwits though.

PS: As I said in my earlier post. George is alright, it's the other guy who's an idiot. He used to run a different division but now they're sharing the clearance division in Glasgow I believe. The company used to be called IPG, but they've changed it to JACC ( bad reputation I think)

Mr JP Fugley
06-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Looking for a career in sales or management? JACC Marketing Ltd is recruiting for sales and management trainees within the Glasgow area. JACC Marketing is an established marketing firm whose brand name client base stands in a league of its own. We are responsible for developing and implementing campaigns to increase our clients' market share and brand awareness. JACC Marketing Ltd's personalised campaigns are tailored to our clients needs have led to unprecedented growth throughout the country.

We provide a team of sharp, motivated professionals to represent our clients with a personalised approach and aim to target new tiers of distribution to complement existing campaigns.

The Ideal Candidate:

We are looking for people available for an immediate start. Excellent team players that have the ability to achieve objectives provide excellent client representation and thrive in a positive social environment.

Experience is not necessary although the ideal candidate will possess outstanding leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate, train and develop people. We are looking for leaders with a positive attitude and a commitment to excellence.

We will provide full, hands-on training for the right people. We play by very simple rules - 100% promotion from within and 0% seniority.

As positions are being filled immediately candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK are preferred. All candidates must be over 18 years old and available for full time work. We regret that due to the high level of response, we will not be able to respond to all applicants, only those selected for preliminary interviews will be contacted.

Looks good I think I'll apply.

Skweeky1
06-22-2006, 07:42 PM
ROFLMAO

I can't believe that's what they're printing these days.

It used to be something like
'American company expanding quickly, 10 positions to fill. Contact Alison to arrange for interview. No experience necessary. Training provided'

I'm going to call George, they're making a complete arse out of themselves

PS:

This is quite funny
candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK are preferred

So it's alright if you're not eligible as well.:lol:

Wayne10
06-23-2006, 01:45 PM
JACC MARKETING

GRADUATE MANAGEMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME

Due to the rapid national expansion of our company, Jacc Marketing is looking for ambitious, dynamic individuals for our Graduate Management Training Programme.

We are prepared to cross-train successful candidates in every sector of our company, including Sales, Promotional Marketing, Training and Recruitment.

If you are a recent Graduate looking for a fast-track to success, then email your cv to: [email protected]

Or, for an immediate interview call Alison on 0141 204 5288. Applicants must be over 18 years of age.

Full-time only.

As positions are being filled immediately, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.

We regret that we will not respond to all applicants; only those selected for preliminary interviews will be contacted.

http://www.scotcareers.co.uk/jobsearch/page.cfm?location_id=1001&industry_sector_ids=-1&text=jacc&searchtype=Advanced&searchLangCode=en&search=search&objectid=13992471&siteid=110737&method=default&tab=quick&cfnocache=true&sort_type=star&todo=details&classified_id=47110304&headline=Graduate%20Management%20Training%20job%20with%20Jacc%20Marketing%20in%20Glasgow%2C%20City%20Glasgow%20%20on%20scotcareers%2Eco%2Euk

COMPLETE AND UTTER PISH!

alextg
08-09-2006, 10:24 PM
i have a 2nd i'view 2morro after reading this have no idea if ishould take job or not but feel more informed cheers for appearing on google

the add i saw was

Employer Not Specified
Staff

Glasgow

Immediate Start UK Import Company has expanded! 15 Vacancies to be filled immediately Up to £300 per week to start No experience necessary. Management opportunities Must be aged 18+ Travel opportunities

Contact Information

- Tel: 0141 204 5288

Call Kelly now to book an interview

wildly inaccurate or better than above "utter pish"?:lol:

fezza
08-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know anything about Jacc Marketing in Glasgow ie 84 miller street.
I have recently been asked back for a 2nd interview but after reading what some people have said about the company im haviong 2nd thoughts. They are meant to be a total bump and that all the stuff they tell you is a big lot of rubbish. I saw people had wrote stuff about them on this website so i thought id ask if anyone knows. :stars:

Bebeto
09-08-2006, 02:19 PM
I've just been to the 1st interview and 'too good to be true' comes to mind. After 2 minutes they already had me thinking that I'd be earning thousands within weeks and that they are one of the biggest companies in the world. I've got a second interview on Monday but after reading some of the comments above I think I'll tell them to shove it.

manker
09-08-2006, 03:06 PM
I've just been to the 1st interview and 'too good to be true' comes to mind. After 2 minutes they already had me thinking that I'd be earning thousands within weeks and that they are one of the biggest companies in the world. I've got a second interview on Monday but after reading some of the comments above I think I'll tell them to shove it.
Well, think carefully because Skweeky is now fleecing the old and mentally infirm out of their benefit cheques on behalf of multi-national shysters - so I don't think JACC worked out for her :dabs:

Skweeky
09-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Naw, we don't do people on benefits. We're elite :lol:

Agrajag
09-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Naw, we don't do people on benefits. We're elite :lol:

Elite my arse, I've got one of your cards.

In fact I cut it up because somebody annoyed me, so I don't use it anymore.

But I've put it in credit by £10, so they send me a statement every month and administer the account. Even tho' I haven't used it for like 2 years.

I'm like the guy out of Fight Club, bringing down the big financial institutions. Only without the fighting, or the club.

Skweeky
09-08-2006, 09:55 PM
That's because you didn't speak to me :snooty:
I would've retained your account nae bother with my sweet talking lush Irish/Scottish accent :lol:

Not only that, I would've sold you the whole CPP, PPP, IPA, AC lot as well :P

CrabGirl
09-08-2006, 09:55 PM
I would've retained your account nae bother with my sweet talking lush Irish/Scottish accent :lol:

My god. I've talked to you. :dry:

Agrajag
09-08-2006, 09:57 PM

That's just mad tock.

Skweeky
09-08-2006, 11:21 PM
That's what happens if you work there for too long :fear:

BF is starting there at the end of the month as well :lol:

Oh well, I've kinda accepted the fact I'm now one of those annoying sales people you have to talk to but I'd like to think I'm always nice to everyone, even if they're not nice to me :)

I kinda like the fact I don't have anything to worry about when I go home and I get a decent wage out of it too. Plus, I've made some great friends in there which was what I really needed I suppose.

I can honestly say I quite like working there, it's got a good atmosphere and I get to manage my own activites and time, which is what I wanted all along.
I feel rather happy :)

CrabGirl
09-09-2006, 07:34 PM
That's what happens if you work there for too long :fear:

BF is starting there at the end of the month as well :lol:

Oh well, I've kinda accepted the fact I'm now one of those annoying sales people you have to talk to but I'd like to think I'm always nice to everyone, even if they're not nice to me :)

I kinda like the fact I don't have anything to worry about when I go home and I get a decent wage out of it too. Plus, I've made some great friends in there which was what I really needed I suppose.

I can honestly say I quite like working there, it's got a good atmosphere and I get to manage my own activites and time, which is what I wanted all along.
I feel rather happy :)

I know what you mean. I work in a call centre, but one of the nicer ones. The product I sell people want (wine) so I don't get too many complaints, unlike working for BT or ITV Digital, both of which I've done. The job is sometimes so monotonous I'd like to scream but the company treats you well, and the people round me are diamonds. Which is why I stay.

I've had better jobs in my supposed-field of interest, but the people I worked with were evil, and I can honestly say I prefer this.

I think jobs like these go in phases, depending on how you feel within yourself at the time. Most of the time I'm happy but if I'm tired or down its much harder to cope with, which is when the brilliance of the people around you comes in. I do find, maybe obviously I dunno, that if you're a happy smiling person at the end of the phone, that you get a better response from even initially evil customers, and if they don't respond well, then they're jsut like that, and at least the happy smiling advisor at the end of the phone will bug the shit out of them. The nastier someone is, the nicer I tend to be.

Agrajag
09-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Another bloody tax dodger with a useless so called degree working in a call centre.

I fought and died in two World wars for you people.

CrabGirl
09-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Another bloody tax dodger with a useless so called degree working in a call centre.

My degree has been far from useless. As I mentioned, working where I do is currently preferable to working with evil mongtards.

And I'm doing a college couse (which I'm paying for) where it also comes in very useful.

Agrajag
09-09-2006, 08:13 PM

My degree has been far from useless. As I mentioned, working where I do is currently preferable to working with evil mongtards.

And I'm doing a college couse (which I'm paying for) where it also comes in very useful.

Well you're living with the evil Ming the Merciless, so no-one would expect you to put up with mongtards as well.

Proper Bo
09-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Your poetry skillz went downhill rather quickly:no:

Agrajag
09-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Your poetry skillz went downhill rather quickly:no:

I amn't doing it every time.
It's too much effort to make it rhyme.
So I'll just do it when I want.
So get it up ye, ya we cont.

CrabGirl
09-09-2006, 08:31 PM

Well you're living with the evil Ming the Merciless, so no-one would expect you to put up with mongtards as well.

I prefer ming to the evil witch of death I used to work for. I can stick up for meself, except against that horrible nasty would-be woman. (the boss, not cheese) My boss now is a ginger too. But he's quite funny so it's ok.

Agrajag
09-09-2006, 08:34 PM

I prefer ming to the evil witch of death I used to work for. I can stick up for meself, except against that horrible nasty would-be woman. (the boss, not cheese) My boss now is a ginger too. But he's quite funny so it's ok.

It's sweet you call Cheebus "My boss", that's the makings of a good relationship.

Skweeky
09-09-2006, 09:09 PM
I know what you mean CrabGirl.

I got offered a few other jobs which were more in line with what I've studied but I didn't like the environment or the prospect of having to travel an hour every morning and thus having to get up at like 7AM.

I don't make as much as I could in other jobs but as I said, I really like the people and the place as well.
I have a lovely view on the mountains and Croy quarry :lol:

mooney_oafm
09-30-2006, 02:21 AM
hey im new to the whole forum thing n just saw this 1 eh i used to work for jacc marketing n it was crap starting work at 7:30am n finishing at 7:30 pm thats a lot of crap n gettin paid commision for it n they try n sweet talk you into doing it they dnt even give u ur traveling expences n stuff give u a bag tell u to go n sell run as far away as possable

dannyetcrn
10-23-2006, 09:24 AM
I just registered to reply to this thread, I know it's old but since this is the first thing that comes up when I google "JACC Marketing" i'm left with no choice.

Basically, I was meant to go for an interview with this company today. After reading this thread, i've decided not to. Just wanted to say thanks for the info (as this is apparently the most info i can get about the company on the internet).

Cheers

Barbarossa
10-23-2006, 11:51 AM
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hs=Gyx&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=jacc+marketing&btnG=Search&meta=

:lol:

MCHeshPants420
10-23-2006, 12:10 PM

JPaul
10-23-2006, 06:37 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hs=Gyx&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=jacc+marketing&btnG=Search&meta=

Yes, us ftw.

Skweeky
10-23-2006, 09:01 PM

If they ever google that name themselves I'm going to get a very angry phonecall

JPaul
10-23-2006, 09:05 PM

If they ever google that name themselves I'm going to get a very angry phonecall

Do they know you're "Skweeky" like.

Skweeky
10-23-2006, 09:06 PM
No, but the Belgian flag and some of my posts may give it away.
They don't exactly have 20 Belgians who've worked there for a year like.

JPaul
10-23-2006, 09:08 PM
No, but the Belgian flag and some of my posts may give it away.
They don't exactly have 20 Belgians who've worked there for a year like.

How many do they have then, 19.

Skweeky
10-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Shut it and go and have a look at the Flame War thread

Cunt

JPaul
10-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Shut it and go and have a look at the Flame War thread

Cunt

Consider it shut, Ma'am.

Skweeky
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Yer a good wee boy you are

JPaul
10-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Yer a good wee boy you are

Hoi, I'm telling Zed that the Belgium's are using "wee" as well now.

Skweeky
10-23-2006, 09:33 PM
I've been using "wee" for ages

j2k4
10-23-2006, 09:39 PM

The royal "wee"? :huh:

Watch your butt at work, huh?

Bring a visual aid if you must...;)

JPaul
10-23-2006, 09:49 PM

Moi aussi

Skweeky
10-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Tres bien monsieur

skilledGrad
03-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Does anyone know anything about JACC Marketing ltd eg. who are they? are they a good company to work for? Are they full of it? Had interview and got assessment centre but cant find any info on them anywhere. Their chat about money and stuff just seems bit too good to be true?!!

I attended first interview for the graduate training programme on Friday 16th March 2007. Upon arrival, I had to complate a one-side application form, that asked for minimal details about me, address, and last job details, and the interview last 5 minutes with a foreigner (non-british citizen), who had been promoted to manager after 8 months with the company. This manager then started to explain how if I am selected, i would be on an intensive 12 month training programme, after which i would be running my own business, as he was. He was very proud to be running the London office (this interview was at Moorgate, central London), and gave me the belief that it can be achieved, he kept saying I run my own business now, which made me wonder exactly how it was his business?.

I was called that evening, and invited back for monday for a full day's training, which i imagined would be office based management training... How wrong i was! I basically spent the whole day, Monday 19th March 2007, following a Polish guy around (another highly motivated employee, again non-british), visiting garages, lock-ups, back-alley factories and warehouses, before hitting the highstreet and going into every single shop, pub, bookies, social club, restarant, estate agency, hairdressers, basically every single place with people, and we also approached people on the streets. This polish guy was dragging a massive bag, comparable to a suitcase with wheels, weighing about 45 kilos, and it was his job to empty this before the end of the day. We were selling rubbish cheap manufacture chinese tetris games, so we even approached any parent on the street who looked like they had kids.

We worked non-stop, going into every shop, from 10am till 5.40pm.

This is how it works. Each unit sold for 3 pounds, and this polish guy got 1 pound from every sale. Its cash in hand at the end of the day, you are not employed by JACC at all, you are self employed, so forget any tax reference, or employment reference from the company! This polish guy said he was there for 4 months now, and he made on average 60 - 80 pounds per day, as long as he visited at least 300 businesses!

So, being a graduate who is absolutely broke, i thought, even though its hard work, walking approx 6-8 miles per day with a suitcase, acting like Delboy himself, at least i will get 50 pounds in my hand at the end of each day, 9am to 6pm, monday to friday, not bad at all while i look for other work.

On the way back to the office, the polish man told me i would have a test waiting for me, and he liked me, so... he gave me all the answers on the trin journy back.

Back at the office, i had a one-page test waiting for me, sure enough, it was easy, because i knew all the answers, and after about 10 minutes of waiting, the main manager called me into office. He was proud to announce that i had passed, and that after 6 weeks, i would be a team leader, training others, and after 6 months, assistant manager, basically training others, and doing some office work, and after 12 months, have my own branch... I WAS HAPPY, i was WILLING to work hard to get the fulltime management position..

THEN THE DREAM WAS SHATTERED.... i was informed that i had to be in the office by 7.30am, and that you have to stay until 7.30pm every day... NO PAY ! Just commision, 1 pound for each unit you sell on the street.

I also learnt that for every unit sold at 3 pound on the street, 1 pound is for the salesman, and 1 pound goes to the manager, and apparently 1 pound goes to head office, wherever it is.

The salesmen on the street make about 50 pound cash in hand provided they walk 10 miles with a heavy suitcase weighing 45 kg, visitit at least 300 shops, and manage to sell to about 20% of those people. The manager who has his own branch is pocketing 50 pound from each of his salesmen, he had 17, so thats about 850 raw cash in hand per day, and 850 remaing goes to head office, the scammer who has set this all up and got mugs to be manager and salesman.

I was told that JACC Marketing was established in 1981, but i checked today on internet, it was formed in August 2004, and has changed directors too many times to mention. At interview, i saw JACC marketing, fosters marketing, and a few other names on the wall.

Yes, i believe the manager that it CAN be done, and he righfully worked his ass off for 8 months, became manager, has his own branch, and now pockets 800 pound per day, i believe that cause im very intelligent. But... what the manager fails to realise is that his bosses have passed the buck, they have probably registered a new company name for him, to make him fully responsible for the scam in his region. These companies pay absolutely no tax to the government, i doubt the manager is paying tax, he is taking home loads of cash every day, its only a matter of time before inland revenue screw him up.

Last point, there were about 17 sales guys there, so it is very competitive to become manager, even if you did want to head your own cash-in-hand scam, as arranged by JACC marketing, Fosters Marketing, or whoever else is in charge there.

The people who were "beaming" and looked like they had solid belief in this were the guys from overseas, the ones who know this is a good opportunity to make cash for a few years, and go back home. For a British Graduate, or any British person who has to stay in this country long term, this is not legitimate earnings at all. The foreigners are abviously being brainwashed there, its a shame they dont know the law, and cant see this is a scam.

I hope this helps you guys.

Barbarossa
03-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Great first post. Thanks for the info. ;)

SnnY
03-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Ha ha, that's incredible.

Skweeky
03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
I can't believe they're claiming that :o

Jagarga
03-20-2007, 07:51 PM
you could have done it aned claimed the dole and benefits. who's the loser now?

Skweeky
03-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Na, I couldn't have. You have to have been in paid employment for a few months before you can claim if you're not a UK citizen.

Unfortunately

NewEra
08-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Ive got an interview 2morrow 1sr round thanks to google I found this, should I truely avoid this?? Don't sound to good.

JPaul
08-15-2007, 06:35 PM
This is one of the few serious threads in the Lounge, mate. From everything I've heard they are best steered clear off.

Let me put it this way, if Skweeky says don't touch them with a barge pole I'd be pointing my barge pole in another direction.

Tonight I shall mostly be using travel related metaphors.

j2k4
08-15-2007, 07:09 PM
This is one of the few serious threads in the Lounge, mate. From everything I've heard they are best steered clear off.

Let me put it this way, if Skweeky says don't touch them with a barge pole I'd be pointing my barge pole in another direction.

Tonight I shall mostly be using travel related metaphors.

Would that you saw fit to use a hyphen as well...

JPaul
08-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Or even almost as well would be quite good.

j2k4
08-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Or even almost as well would be quite good.

Just so. :)

NewEra
08-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Cheers guys, sounds like a bunch of shite to me! So will not attend the interview today, they really should change the contents of the job descriptions they put up smh! Jacc Marketing thats what they are known as, but on another job site they posted up as Blue Ice Ltd Uk lol.

manker
08-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Jacc Marketing thats what they are known as, but on another job site they posted up as Blue Ice Ltd Uk lol.Really? How puerile. They don't sound very professional at all.

You should certainly give them a wide berth.

Chip Monk
08-16-2007, 11:31 AM
:n00bharshness: now.

This man has no limits

Snee
08-16-2007, 12:26 PM
I wish I worked for a company what had "lol" in their name.

Preferably one what scammed people.

Ending every reply to a complaint letter with a lol ftw.

Skweeky
08-16-2007, 04:48 PM
I may start doing that in all my correspondence

lol ftw

URGonex
08-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Recently graduated with a high honours from uni... Based on that long post from the guy stating what the job really involves, there's no way im puting myself through that. I've worked my ass off at uni and high school - and they are trying to offer a so called graduate job where they chuck me in the streets to sell some cheap-ass product...Screw that!

Got the call this morning...they offered me an interview for tomorrow. Said they would email me the info - if i dont get it, good... If I do get it, should i just not bother showing up/contacting them or should i phone with an excuse (offered a job elsewhere etc).

Would have been my first interview so it's all new to me still. On a side-note, any of you Scot's know of any decent places I can write to, to see if they have any open IT/Computing positions available? Been using S1Jobs mostly - applied for upwards of 40 positions and heard nothing from anyone.

Chip Monk
08-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Recently graduated with a high honours from uni... Based on that long post from the guy stating what the job really involves, there's no way im puting myself through that. I've worked my ass off at uni and high school - and they are trying to offer a so called graduate job where they chuck me in the streets to sell some cheap-ass product...Screw that!

Got the call this morning...they offered me an interview for tomorrow. Said they would email me the info - if i dont get it, good... If I do get it, should i just not bother showing up/contacting them or should i phone with an excuse (offered a job elsewhere etc).

Would have been my first interview so it's all new to me still. On a side-note, any of you Scot's know of any decent places I can write to, to see if they have any open IT/Computing positions available? Been using S1Jobs mostly - applied for upwards of 40 positions and heard nothing from anyone.

What subject is your high honours in, that would presumably have some bearing on the type of job you wished to apply for.

Oh and bit off a tip here, don't use the possessive apostrophe when making a word plural. I know a lot of you chaps think things like that aren't important. However when sifting 350 applications for 1 job it's the sort of thing that puts an employer off. True Story.

URGonex
08-20-2007, 01:22 PM
The degree was in Multimedia Technology if that helps... It's basically a course where they teach you a bit of everything in the computer world - hardware, programming, multimedia (love using Macromedia Director - made 3 different applications during uni)... like i said, a bit of everything really.

Would be well suited for a trainee web developer, graphic design etc... problem is they rarely exist and most of the time you need a portfolio with commercial experience.

Chip Monk
08-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Have you tried one of the placement agencies. You go there give them a CV etc and tell them the field you are interested in. They will match you up with employers who are looking for people.

My eldest did that and got offered three jobs on the same day. Not the day he went, that would be too easy. He was given the interviews about a week later, then got all of the letters a few days after that.

Bear in mind that if you do it's important to treat every contact with them as if it's an interview, as that is effectively what it is. They make recommendations to the employers. It's really the first interview and the employer is then only doing a second one to see if they like you.

Doesn't cost anything, as they get paid by the business. The business saves money by only talking to suitable people.

It's well worth giving it a try. If nothing else it should get you some interviews. At worst that gives you practice.

DeesJob
08-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Hey all - so glad I found this! They're advertising on all the big sites under the name Blue Ice Limited - found it weird when I couldn't find their website. Check out the ad:

Blue Ice UK LTD is a growing marketing company in London. We work with big brand clients such as Warner Bros, Samsonite and Crayola designed to raise our client's brand name awareness by attracting new customers and exposing their products.
This approach has led to the tremendous growth of our portfolio, which is where you come in!
Blue Ice is currently expanding our sales and management teams. All openings are full time and entry level, with growth and compensation being based on personal performance.
Openings are being filled IMMEDIATELY in the following areas:

Sales/ Marketing
Customer Service
Team ManagementAs positions are being filled immediately, it is preferred that candidates are already London based.
We regret that we will not respond to all applicants; only those selected for preliminary interviews.
Ref; Marketing

Contact name: Natasha KiziltanTelephone: 0207 614 1230Fax: UnspecifiedEmail: [email protected]

The hotmail address should have given it away! I'm sure Samsonite etc would oppose to that name dropping!

So I'm told I've made it to next level and they book an interview for Monday, and theres a Jacc Marketing link on the confirmation email. I thought I'd check out the site to research them and after seeing a spelling mistake on the homepage alarm bells really started ringing! I Google them and come here - just in time. Will be sending them a short smart email saying I've found work elsewhere. Talk about a let down!:frusty:

Skweeky
09-01-2007, 07:00 AM
maybe we could rename the thread to Jacc Marketing - Blue Ice UK LTD info

Froggy
09-01-2007, 10:10 PM
hi
i dont know anything about jacc marketing. I have been given a full day assessment on Monday and after seeing this am wondering if i should go. I have gone for the one in Wilson Street London. Does anyone know it? Any advice?
Cheers

Skweeky
09-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Doesn't matter mate
They all do the same thing
It's just different offices accross the UK

09-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Glad i saw this forum before i went for that 2nd int.

Excellent info guys. Certainly helped me make my mind up about this one. though i think i should've known better.

Jacc seem to be linked with these guys in Manchester.

G Force Marketing - Manchester
P&G Marketing - Manchester
16 Newton Street, M4

Went for the 1st int. 5 min chat, Loads of bullsh*t.
We work with Disney, Liz Carb, Samsonite & MBNA.
Just a company thats working with those kinda names
doesnt keep offices like they do. Be wise and avoid.

Also Primus marketing london?

All linked to Matrix Marketing Inc USA.

manker
09-19-2007, 11:35 AM
This thread is now the #1 hit on google for 'Jacc Marketing'.

Tesco should contact Jacc Marketing and ask how much they'd pay if he was to take this thread down.
Fuck the unskilled plebs who might otherwise go to work for them, if I was tesco, I'd take the cash money and spend it on cocaine and hookers.

Chip Monk
09-19-2007, 11:55 AM
And also he dould do a thread where everyone was all like "Wow, they are a great company". Some sort of sponsorship deal perhaps.

Alien5
09-19-2007, 12:00 PM
' Jacc Marketing , we are the people who are trustworthy as fuck to do pleasant businessings with'

Something Else
09-19-2007, 12:13 PM
:glag: They get my vote.....wait...who the fuck are they? Never heard of em....

Skweeky
09-19-2007, 06:08 PM
They seem to have closed down their office in Glasgow now.
I walk past it every day and the name tag isn't there anymore. Seems like they had to give up on that one.

Scuff
10-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Thank you all for this info. Truth is- I was also suspicious about the type of company who's website only seems to apply to applicants (not a single thing about their clients or rates or techniques or successes). That and the fact they have a spelling mistake in their mission statement. But you all saved me wasting a morning,

cheers.

enoughfakefiles
10-11-2007, 07:47 PM
No problem.

Mr JP Fugley
10-11-2007, 07:53 PM
We > Jack Marketings

sum1
10-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Wow, I read this page and I'm surely not going to the 2nd interview.
They announced on a jobsite 12 new vacancies as Blue Ice UK Ltd, when I got there it was Jacc Marketing on the entrance and afterwards I found out the new office is gonna be called London Marketing Services.
They've just moved to Shand St in London Brige SE1.
Does anyone wanna give a ring to Inland Revenue about them?
hehehe
Anyway, looks like the scam is going on and growing on.
Sounded too good to be true from the begining.

Jacckass Marketing!

Skweeky
10-14-2007, 12:31 PM
They've been in London Bridge for years...

There's one in Auldgate as well

latoya293
10-26-2007, 11:36 AM

hey all my name toya ive just been offer an interview with jacc marketing i wasnt sure to arrange a date. they said they would train me up for entry level sales but i dont know how competitive they will be it worrys me if i leave my current job i leave in to a job that would be very competitive WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK

Barbarossa
10-26-2007, 11:40 AM

hey all my name toya ive just been offer an interview with jacc marketing i wasnt sure to arrange a date. they said they would train me up for entry level sales but i dont know how competitive they will be it worrys me if i leave my current job i leave in to a job that would be very competitive WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK

Read all the posts in this thread before you make your mind up. ;)

Welcome to FST :shifty:

Something Else
10-26-2007, 11:44 AM

Don't even go there. They will bugger you rotten. :ph34r:

worm12
11-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Was i bit curious about them when i couldn't find anything on the web (as you do when your going for an interview), then went for the first interview, didn't tell me much about who i would marketing to but their structure and how they became manager of their own team within 8 months. Got a call for second interview within an hour of leaving. Asked for website details, gave me the one in London, does not say much about them at all.....now getting very worried! Found this and registered and having fun reading about it all! Now i know why i was worried and rightly so!
I have called and canceled my appointment and they weren't bothered at all! They need shutting down immediately.
From Angry worm!

gnrforever
12-10-2007, 08:55 PM
hi. is this company still like this?
i have an interview in 2 days. should i go?
its an open post for lots of positions so i dont know what exactly im applying for
help

Sextent
12-10-2007, 09:03 PM
You're applying to be a cold calling salesman if memory serves.

gnrforever
12-10-2007, 09:50 PM
hi

the job i am applying for i think is an admin job but its unclear

look at the link

http://jobsearch.monster.co.uk/getjob.asp?JobID=65885523&AVSDM=2007%2D12%2D07+02%3A42%3A00&Logo=1&cy=uk&sq=not+%2527work+at+home%2527&sort=rv&vw=d&q=jacc&category=Category...&searchtype=1

any ideas

gnrforever
12-11-2007, 04:03 PM
hey anyone got any news on this please

Teff
04-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Hahaha
How fun is that!!!

I worked a few months for Jacc Marketing as well.
I actually kind of liked it for a while because some ppl working there were very nice... and I learned about sales and how to manipulate people... In a certain extend, it was fun... not if you really want a proper job or a proper career... and i was doing "events"... so it was not door to door stuffs... none of this "clearance" shite.

I'm foreigner (again... yes), was broke, just arrived in the city and needed money... fast. Without a NI number, nobody else wanted me... and without a job, they didn't want to give me the NI number... so i had pretty much no choice...

I did very crap money (never been able to convince properly any unemployed drunks that they had to spend their benefit cheque on a dancing and singing fluffy pig, or a poor old granny she had to spend her last tenner on a set of book she could find at any bookshop for just a fiver)

It ended badly actually... I was sacked... I didn't bring back enough money to them.... As i was barely earning enough to live... it was not a very bad news... When I stopped working, i was completely shattered, sick (working 12 to 14 hours a day, 6 days a week does that to you), and i had borrowed money to my friends to be able to survive a month without a salary...

By the way, the company still exists (well i think.... I've heard of them just a few weeks ago from someones who knows someone who still works there), but they've moved to another part of Glasgow...

And by the way... yes it's true: JW is a w*nker!

chalice
04-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Fucking hell.

First post on the board and it's about that mental company.

You must've searched for that, like.

Surreal first post of the week award.

Something Else
04-27-2008, 06:29 PM
He just from the cunting company trying to sell his cunting shite. It's a disgrace.

Ban them all FTW