PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on New Orleans going ahead with Mardi Gras

BigBank_Hank
02-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Some people around here that aren’t to thrilled that the parades started rolling and people are partying in the city.

I for think that the parades should go on because it’s generating some much needed revenue for the city, but I can see why people are upset. The police force, which is already stretched thin, has to be out in full force to control all those people, plus Mardi Gras trashes the city. The one part of the city that actually is clean again is going to be trashes all over again putting an even larger burden on the clean up effort that is going on.

Skiz
02-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Let the tourists go spend some money in NO. They can use it.

Hurricanes happen, life goes on....

j2k4
02-28-2006, 01:11 AM
It is a poser.

It is presented as bread-and-butter for N.O., but gives a wrong impression, certainly.

I couldn't help but think of Mayor Nagin's ignorant comments early on, to the effect of, "That's what we do in New Orleans..."

To dress it up as a "fund-raiser" seems...off. :huh:

Everose
02-28-2006, 03:55 AM
Where they are using the same trucks for their parade floats as they were for their cleanup.......it will slow the clean up down a bit.

I think they probably need a break. I would.

They will be cleaning up for quite some time yet, and another day or two of cleaning up after the parade won't hurt.

I think a big party the last day of each week would be best, actually.:D

hamm
02-28-2006, 07:08 AM
Y'all should definitely have Mardi Gras. It's tradition.

Besides, I think some heavy-duty frolicking would lift spirits.

Party down, neighbor. :yahoo:

hamm
02-28-2006, 07:09 AM
:w00t: Show us your tits!

j2k4
02-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Y'all should definitely have Mardi Gras. It's tradition.

Besides, I think some heavy-duty frolicking would lift spirits.

Party down, neighbor. :yahoo:

True enough, but still a contextually difficult thing to manage, media-wise.

Of course, they don't need to check with me for permission to party.

hamm
02-28-2006, 03:03 PM
:rolleyes: Media be damned!

Like so many of the posters here, they'll twist things around to suit their needs no matter what the case.

Everose
02-28-2006, 06:27 PM

Like so many of the posters here, they'll twist things around to suit their needs no matter what the case.

Well, that is exctly what I did! :D A party would suit my needs at the moment! :P

JPaul
02-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Have the party, life goes on.

Don't let the forces of nature win. That's what they want.

BigBank_Hank
02-28-2006, 07:26 PM

Well, that is exctly what I did! :D A party would suit my needs at the moment! :P
Come on down :drunk:

You better hurry though because there’s less than 12 hours to go before Mardi Gras is over.

Busyman
02-28-2006, 07:40 PM

You better hurry though because there’s less than 12 hours to go before Mardi Gras is over.
Me and wifey plan on going to Norlenz in 2 years (before we go on strike in August). My timeshare year starts in September so if I'm on strike and want forgo my next years vacation (due to me being broke), I can also forgo pay my maintenance fees for that year.

I'll just take the Norlenz vacation before August 2008 then relinquish my vacations for Sept. '08 to Sept. '09 timeshare year.

I don't wanna be in Norlenz around September anyway. :fear:

BigBank_Hank
02-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Well baring any more hurricanes the city should be back to “normal” in about two years.

Busyman
02-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Well baring any more hurricanes the city should be back to “normal” in about two years.
Eggzacklee.;)

Plus wifey has been buggin' me about it. She wanted to go 2 years ago.

Everose
02-28-2006, 08:35 PM

That sounds great.........especially since I know you won't insist I indulge in those crawdads! :D

On a serious note, Hank, I have heard about seriously high mold/fungus levels lingering in the area........have these been lowered to a safer level now?

hamm
03-01-2006, 12:25 AM
They're even having a "1st Annual Mardi Gras Festival" LR since there's so many evacuees still up in these parts. :)

Also ties in with the Jazz scene in the local area.