PDA

View Full Version : PS/2 To USB Adapter

theSpam
02-28-2006, 09:57 PM
So far, I've been to 3 shops and none of them have a keyboard PS/2 to USB adapter.

2 of the shops actually said that they don't exist for the keyboard because:

a) USB is faster than PS/2, so an adapter cannot be made
B) USB and PS/2 have a differing amount of pins

...I smell BS

Anyways, I noticed that one of the shops I went to had mice (green) PS/2 to USB adapters (the guy working there said that I needed a keyboard specific one).

Will one of these work with a keyboard (the mice adapters, that is)?

suprafreak6
02-28-2006, 10:00 PM
i would say yes..but im probly wrong...also just use usb! haha and also since when does usb have pins?

Snee
02-28-2006, 10:03 PM
I really don't know where you live, but the topmost one in here (http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/usb-ps2-adapter.htm), for instance, would work for you.

Can't say about the mouse adapters, tho', I think the ports are wired kinda' the same, but there might be a need for something more.

Anyhow, why do you need to connect on usb instead of ps2?

Some of these (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_slc.asp?CatId=469) seem to work for both. Or, at least it doesn't say they are mouse-only.

suprafreak6
02-28-2006, 11:06 PM
nice call snny the second link is a bomb for what hes looking for, i suggest one that can be used for both keyboard or mouse...just in case u ever need it

tesco
03-05-2006, 07:50 PM
So far, I've been to 3 shops and none of them have a keyboard PS/2 to USB adapter.

2 of the shops actually said that they don't exist for the keyboard because:

a) USB is faster than PS/2, so an adapter cannot be made
B) USB and PS/2 have a differing amount of pins

...I smell BS

Anyways, I noticed that one of the shops I went to had mice (green) PS/2 to USB adapters (the guy working there said that I needed a keyboard specific one).

Will one of these work with a keyboard (the mice adapters, that is)?
I have no idea about the ps/2 to usb, but I do have both the keyboard and mouse usb to ps/2 adaptors (actually, 2 mouse ones).
The mouse one wont work for keyboard and vice versa.:(

Seedler
03-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Yes, for me, my ps/2 to usb adapter works for both my mouse and keyboard