PDA

View Full Version : In love

Skweeky1
03-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Does anyone else find it annoying when one of your mates is in love?

I always get really jealous of their endorphine level.
I asked my bf the other day why he never gave me a Valentine's Day card and he answered ' if you're really lucky, i'll never give you one':cry:

Where are the days that we went a-walking in the glen whilst drinking a bottle of Buckfast?:(
( I know, it sounds rather chav and un-romantic, but Buckfast has a nice taste and the glen behind the house is lovely)

DorisInsinuate
03-01-2006, 12:07 PM
I thought I was in love once, then I realised it was just gas, and then I found out it was a 40lb tumor in my stomach.

lynx
03-01-2006, 01:24 PM
I thought I was in love once, then I realised it was just gas, and then I found out it was a 40lb tumor in my stomach.That's what you get when you eat 40lb tumors.

Barbarossa
03-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Never ever "Go Large". :ermm:

DorisInsinuate
03-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I thought I was in love once, then I realised it was just gas, and then I found out it was a 40lb tumor in my stomach.That's what you get when you eat 40lb tumors.
MaccyD's were serving AiDs anyway, so I thought, "Why not?"

MagicNakor
03-01-2006, 07:04 PM

I asked my bf the other day why he never gave me a Valentine's Day card and he answered ' if you're really lucky, i'll never give you one':cry:

Where are the days that we went a-walking in the glen whilst drinking a bottle of Buckfast?:(
( I know, it sounds rather chav and un-romantic, but Buckfast has a nice taste and the glen behind the house is lovely)

Maybe he only gives Valentine cards to people he dislikes.

:shuriken:

Snee
03-01-2006, 07:07 PM

Maybe he only gives Valentine cards to people he dislikes.

:shuriken:

Best way ever to break up with someone.

Which doesn't involve huge amounts of slapstick and violence, anyhow.

Biggles
03-01-2006, 07:09 PM
In my experience, being in love is rather like sticking your hand in the fire.

The main difference being, after the first time you tend to stop sticking your hand in the fire.

j2k4
03-01-2006, 09:44 PM

You'd better get to work on the lad.

You want too, anyway, right?

Busyman
03-01-2006, 09:59 PM
I think it's best to have a guarded love.

Lose yourself in the woman but are always able to step back.

I think many women can't do this with a man. It may be due to insecurity or whatever but they will stay with a most fucked individual (he may beat her, cheat on her, whatever) due remembrance of those special times.

I think it takes an unhealthy capsizing in the muck of love to finally arrive at the perfect synergy between love and logic.

Some are bound for the same unhealthy mistakes over and over again. They never "correct".

j2k4
03-01-2006, 10:36 PM

I think it takes an unhealthy capsizing in the muck of love to finally arrive at the perfect synergy between love and logic.

Quite right.

The educational aspect cannot be ignored.

It can be done through observation alone, but I believe Busyman's correlary is an absolute necessity for the relationship PhD.

No practice allowed. :no2:

Gripper
03-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Love is just something made up by people trying to sell you totally useless objects.

Busyman
03-01-2006, 11:12 PM

Quite right.

It can be done through observation alone, but I believe Busyman's correlary is an absolute necessity for the relationship PhD.

Not true. You may get the practice when you are severely young but you'll get the practice.

j2k4
03-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Quite right.

Not true. You may get the practice when you are severely young but you'll get the practice.

I beg to differ, but hey, it's your correlary.

Carcinus
03-02-2006, 01:44 AM

What's a correlary? Not sure what you mean.

If you mean corollary then well done you! But check the fuckin' spelling next time please. However, if you are party to a word the rest of us don't know, then share please...! ta!

j2k4
03-02-2006, 01:55 AM

What's a correlary? Not sure what you mean.

If you mean corollary then well done you! But check the fuckin' spelling next time please. However, if you are party to a word the rest of us don't know, then share please...! ta!

By golly, you're right.

I had the word "correlative" stuck in my head and went wrong from there.

My most humble fuckin' apologies. :)

Cheese
03-02-2006, 01:58 AM
fuckin' lol

Busyman
03-02-2006, 02:31 AM

Eh?

edit: saw the other posts.:dry: ...