PDA

View Full Version : Callin All Hip Hop Headz

Pitbul
04-23-2003, 03:01 PM
All Hip Hop Headz Meaning if all u listen to is Rap thats on MTV dont bother but all hip hop headz who are serios about Hip Hop post Artist who are not well known on here. if ur gonna post urself dont but post ppl who u think deserve props or credit. and they should be heard i will have to start with Lil Rob Music u should download Song's "I Remember" "Street Dayz" and "Call The Cops"

Rollin_On_Dubs420
04-23-2003, 05:36 PM
Benefit
Shabaam Sahdeeq
Shyheim
Ali Vegas

suck on deez :sorcerer:

mobboss01
04-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Ground Original
Atmosphere
Cunninglynguists
Heirogliphics

I downloaded these fellas from soulseek from a buddy I met in the underground hip-hop room. All tight rappers. If you like Outcast, you will love the songs from Cunninglynguists. Try to dl there Rap For Food album from me or whoever you can.

TheDave
04-23-2003, 09:34 PM
cool, im not the only person who likes heiroglyphics

has anyone got the deltron 3030 album
thats got del tha funky homosapien on too and the producer from gorillaz

Z
04-24-2003, 02:22 AM
have you heard kardinal offishall and the rascalz?? they are from toronto. canadian hot shit.

rascalz - northern touch
rascalz - top of the world
kardinal - ol time killin
kardinal - husslin
kardinal - bakardi slang

they are popular here tho. :D

Pitbul
04-24-2003, 04:59 AM
Dyablo - Te Imaginas
Slush the Villian - Sick Of This Shit and For My Thugs

marine_aart
04-24-2003, 05:05 AM
:huh:
All Hip Hop Headz Meaning if all u listen to is Rap thats on MTV dont bother but all hip hop headz who are serios about Hip Hop post Artist who are not well known on here. if ur gonna post urself dont but post ppl who u think deserve props or credit. and they should be heard i will have to start with Lil Rob Music u should download Song's "I Remember" "Street Dayz" and "Call The Cops"
uhhh what does this exaxtly mean :( , I dont get it :o (my english sux)

nahan
04-24-2003, 06:16 AM
People dont understand the differance between hip hop and rap

Tupac rap Gangstar hip hop
Pratically nothing mainstream today is classified hip hop

Z
04-24-2003, 06:22 AM
hip hop has more of an emphasis on the beats and the music. its it usually more jumpy and lively, and is sometime assiciated with R&B.

nahan
04-24-2003, 06:46 AM
No its not associated with r and b,more like associated with dj's and turntables and not sythiseisors and keyboards .Which is slowly being combinded with rap turntables and dj s that is .

nahan
04-24-2003, 06:59 AM
I hate it when people mix up hip hop with rap .
Like Ja rule aint no hip hop artist and neither is eminem.

I guess thats how asians feel when we call them chinese,when theres many differant races in asia.And that how I feel when brown people call me goda .

marine_aart
04-24-2003, 02:53 PM
Like Ja rule aint no hip hop artist and neither is eminem
ja rule is pop, eminem is rap :P

I like rap, I dont like hip-hop :) (at least not as much as RAP)

brendandonhue
04-24-2003, 04:41 PM
Esham.
Cant forget him. From detroit, has like 20 CDs and inspired a buncha ppl including mad clown posse (even though they suck sham is still good).

carbert
04-24-2003, 09:05 PM
the nearest to what i consider rap music that i listen to (that doesnt make sense lol) is Mark B & Blade and DJ Format. two british acts, i dont like the sound of american hip-hop or rap apart from the beastie boys. try get some off me on soulseek if ya like

djhothands
04-24-2003, 09:17 PM
rass kass deserves more props than he does currently
and 'planet asia' are a great group!! that deserve better than what they get!

nahan
04-25-2003, 06:57 AM
Sadat x anybody from Rawkus records Talib Mos def Common , Funk Master Flex,
Brand nubian,Hi Tek,Dj Premier,Dj honda ...Off the mic is a classic.
Pharoahe monch,Guru,Beatnuts .

soopaman
04-25-2003, 08:07 AM
Definately agree that Ras Kass doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's a top rapper!! Rawkus Records have put out some of the best records of the last few years, they recently did some heavyweight VINYL re-presses and I was lucky enough to pick them up. All good tunes and the sound quality, or should that be Kwelity, is amazing. The bass is booming!! :lol:

Dead Prez, Edan, Anti-Pop Consortium, The Roots - all are brilliant in my opinion.

Also, I was watching a documentary I have on video when I got in from work earlier and on it AFRIKA BAMBAATAA says, and I'm paraphrasing here, that "Hip-Hop is the collective name for the scene which consists of Breaking, Graffiti, Deejaying, Clothes and RAPPING". I can't really say it any better than that. How can you be into Rap and not be into Deejaying?? That's 2 down, only 3 to go and then we've got you!! :lol:

I love RAP and I love HIP-HOP. To me they are not mutually exclusive.

Keep on Keepin' on.

nahan
04-26-2003, 12:31 AM
High and mighty ,and A+ hip hop greats

mobboss01
04-26-2003, 05:03 PM
For hardcore rap with a bit of humor are the gravediggaz. They don't get too much airplay to say the least.

Also, for the underground goodies, I would like to add Blueprint to the mix.

brendandonhue
04-27-2003, 03:27 AM
And some famous rich ones that you still don't hear much about.
Lox
G-Unit
Keith Murray

nahan
04-27-2003, 05:47 AM
ILL kinda of agree on Keith Murray being hip hop but thats sort of pushin it, but the g unit and the lox are rappers and not very established for that matter.

StEpS
04-28-2003, 06:47 AM
Check out "Jedi Mind Tricks" and "RA The Rugged Man" ...just a few off the top of my head!!

soopaman
04-28-2003, 07:27 AM
Diggin' In The Crates. All the way!!! :lol:

AzNPLaYeR253
05-01-2003, 06:59 AM
Whats up, only been in here for a minute and lookin through the posts to see what kind of info i can drop. Ya'll peepz lookin for some Hip Hop? Aight here we go.

Although neither mainstream nor underground - Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, and Pharoah Monch.

People to check out.

J-5
Blackalicious
Binary Star
Wu Tang Clan (more old schoolish, but hip hop nonetheless)

Ras Kass definately, "Rass Kass - Nature of the Threat" if you havent, everyone should listen to that, at least people who are ready to realize the truth.

But due to the fact that people that happen to say that The Lox and G-Unit is Hip Hop are reading this post, i will refrain from going too in depth with the list. Sorry to the rest of you who want to be enlightened with it.

Peace

brendandonhue
05-01-2003, 10:22 AM
Please do post your list.
Hip Hop, rap, posers, whatever, its all the same to me.

infamousalbo101
05-01-2003, 09:34 PM
50 CENTTT DAT NI99A IS F**KEN GANSTA

AzNPLaYeR253
05-02-2003, 05:21 AM
Thats exactly why i wont post it brendandonhue. You have to realize the difference and respect it away from the pop washed shit that is played. The people that are exposed to it are the people that are actually exposed to the hip hop culture. You couldnt possibly understand it if you think of it as "all the same", but anyways, gain an appreciation for it for what it is and then you should be able to find artists without my help no problem.

Peace

brendandonhue
05-02-2003, 10:15 AM
True. I didn't mean all the same, idk the difference and I have read about it but it doesn't particularly matter because I just lissen to what I like....
Besides, you will never find me in a club breakdancing or spraying a wall :P

slick nick
05-02-2003, 11:26 AM
How dareyou mf's not mention M.F. Doom? Ya sons a bitches! Peep his operation doomsday, new joint madvillian and his other new joint under the name king ghidra "take me to your leader". Ludacris is mainstream but if you listen to incognegro, back for the first time, and word of mouf I'd ,still say he's hip hop because he's a lyricist but he manages to still sell records. Also peep Tony Da Skitzo, definately Ras Kass, Dead Prez, and KRS-ONE. after hearing quasimoto on the madvillian album I'd say he's pretty good too. Yo, mobboss what's ya name in the underground hip hop room in soulseek? I used to be mariconmuthafucka now i'm CrefloADollar. Gettin some films right now so I prolly won't be on but I'll holla at cha if I see ya in there.