PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday night...

j2k4
03-02-2006, 02:27 AM
...we have Lacy vs. Calzaghe.

Should be a whole lotta' thumpin goin' on.

I gotta go with Lacy.

JPaul
03-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Welsh Joe for me, but then you knew that already big fella.

Lacy: My training is going great. We are expecting a great fight on March 4. I am 110 percent ready for this battle between me and Joe. This is the beginning of my stardom as a professional fighter and I am taking Joe very seriously. I have not looked past him and I am doing everything I can in the gym, making sure I am staying healthy and everything else. So it is going to be a fight. From where I see it, it is going to be a really good fight..

Calzaghe: Yeah, it is a big fight. It is the biggest fight in a long time. I know Jeff is going to be possibly the toughest fight of my career, so I am under no illusions that this is going to be a tough night. Like I have shown in the past, I have always risen to the occasion. I have the heart of a champion and the ability. It is just getting everything right and performing on that night. So I am excited. It is an exciting fight. It is great for the division and great for boxing. I cannot wait for that night. It is going to be a great fight.

j2k4
03-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Welsh Joe for me, but then you knew that already big fella.

Lacy: My training is going great. We are expecting a great fight on March 4. I am 110 percent ready for this battle between me and Joe. This is the beginning of my stardom as a professional fighter and I am taking Joe very seriously. I have not looked past him and I am doing everything I can in the gym, making sure I am staying healthy and everything else. So it is going to be a fight. From where I see it, it is going to be a really good fight..

Calzaghe: Yeah, it is a big fight. It is the biggest fight in a long time. I know Jeff is going to be possibly the toughest fight of my career, so I am under no illusions that this is going to be a tough night. Like I have shown in the past, I have always risen to the occasion. I have the heart of a champion and the ability. It is just getting everything right and performing on that night. So I am excited. It is an exciting fight. It is great for the division and great for boxing. I cannot wait for that night. It is going to be a great fight.

I am a bit disconcerted by a thought that creeps into my head whenever a fight in which I have a rooting interest looms; that it will end early on a head-butt or other equally unsatisfactory technicality, and a rematch never comes off.

I just hope this one comes off as it should.

I can watch it live on Showtime, JP; how 'bout you? :)

JPaul
03-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Not sure yet, mate.

I assume it will be on SKY (NTL) but I don't know if it's a PPV or not.

j2k4
03-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Hmmm.

Be cool if I could dope out a way to stream it to you.

JPaul
03-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Hmmm.

Yeah, but you'll stop the stream just before Joe wins. :angry:

j2k4
03-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Hmmm.

Yeah, but you'll stop the stream just before Joe wins. :angry:

No, no-not me. :naughty:

manker
03-03-2006, 11:58 AM
A lot of people seem to think that this won't go the distance. I, however, see Joe wining it on points.

Lacy's only real chance is to knock Calzaghe out since he is the inferior boxer. Lacy's power is indisputable so if he catches Calzaghe, particularly in earlier rounds, it will spell trouble for Joe.

I just hope Calzaghe plays is cleverly (which he has enough talent and experience to do) and not get drawn into a toe-to-toe war by the baying crowd and the 'slap' taunts which Lacy has been instructed to spout.

If he keeps him at mid-range, Joe will win on points by a large margin.

manker
03-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Just went to the BBC site to read some stuff about the fight and Lacy turned up to the conference yesterday in an England Football shirt.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41395000/jpg/_41395990_calzaghe_lacy_203.jpg

Looks like he's worried about a hostile crowd. Bless his cotton socks.

Busyman
03-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Has Calzaghe ever fought over in the US?

I will have to hand it to any fighter that can win a fight over in bratland.

I thought when the over-hill Costya fought Hatton that folks were gonna start throwing shit or run up in the ring.

Very good hometown crowd. :01:

God forbid Costya actually won.:unsure:

Sadly I might have to tivo the Lacy/Calzaghe fight. I hate watching recorded matches.:angry:

JPaul
03-03-2006, 07:50 PM
over-hill Costya fought Hatton
I love gracious losers.

On topic, I too think Joe's best chances is a points win. He is a much more talented boxer than a lot of people give him credit for and perhaps more importantly he has more heart than a big giant heart.

JPaul
03-04-2006, 01:35 PM
It's on Terrestrial TV in the UK.

ITV

manker
03-04-2006, 02:38 PM

ITVThank feck it's not PPV. I was told last night that Joe (amongst other boxers) is pissed off that fights are often shown PPV because not many people pay get to see them fight.

Kudos to ITV for putting up the cash for this one.

I'll be watching it here on my return from a night out in the big smoke - so expect some pished come on terry :smilie4:

JPaul
03-04-2006, 03:30 PM

ITVThank feck it's not PPV. I was told last night that Joe (amongst other boxers) is pissed off that fights are often shown PPV because not many people pay get to see them fight.

I'll be watching it here on my return from a night out in the big smoke - so expect some pished come on terry :smilie4:
:lol: innuendo ftw.

"Come on Joe", it's "come on Joe".

Busyman
03-05-2006, 02:15 AM
I've got Lacy FTW!! :01:

I'm watching this now cuz I can't go out tonight.:(

Busyman
03-05-2006, 02:26 AM

Yeah, sadly they are not popular enough to grab the PPV purse...at least over here.

Busyman
03-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Lacy is fighting like a little bitch.

He is fighting so bad that it almost looks fixed.:dry:
Lacy isn't even extending his arms on his punches. He's pushing them.
For a knockout puncher he isn't even throwing punches to knock someone out.

Rematch in America perhaps.:huh: Conspiracy to bring brat boxer over here. So be it.

I like when Calzaghe said, "He punches for shit. He feck all!!!"

Hilarious!!!:lol:

I wonder what round this'll be over in.

j2k4
03-05-2006, 03:32 AM
Calzaghe started by taking his milk money and then he ate his lunch for good measure.

Lacy never got over the first round, and the fact he's on his feet at the end is of no moment.

All hail Calzaghe! ;)

JPaul
03-05-2006, 03:33 AM
I've got Lacy FTW!! :01:

Total mismatch. Fact.

JPaul
03-05-2006, 03:35 AM
Calzaghe started by taking his milk money and then he ate his lunch for good measure.

Lacy never got over the first round, and the fact he's on his feet at the end is of no moment.

All hail Calzaghe! ;)
Well done that man.

Chapeau, J2K4.

Busyman
03-05-2006, 04:08 AM

All hail Calzaghe! ;)
There should be no problem sending Cal over to fight now. He still needs to get noticed by the masses here. I'd like to see him and Hatton.

De La Hoya unretiring is not enough.

Lacy looked like an amateur sparring partner and should feel ashamed of himself. Really.