PDA

View Full Version : Legal drinking age in france?

Smith
03-02-2006, 02:39 AM
I'm thinking of going to europe next year with the school, and I was wondering what the legal drinking age in france is, just incase I feel like putting my free time to good use...

Tempestv
03-02-2006, 02:43 AM
16, but they don't care really, when I was over there they served me (I was twelve), and I saw kids a lot younger than me drinking.

Cheese
03-02-2006, 02:59 AM
It is 6 years old. But if you take cheese with your wine (red wine but not white wine) you can drink at the age of 4.

Proper Bo
03-02-2006, 03:12 AM
It is 6 years old. But if you take cheese with your wine (red wine but not white wine) you can drink at the age of 4.

yuo cheebusjuice 4yera olds?!:O

twisterX
03-02-2006, 03:39 AM
yea i dont think theyll care but since its a school sponsored trip or something like that the school wont let you as far as i heard but thats not gonna stop you. :D

Tempestv
03-02-2006, 04:51 AM
mine was school sponsered, and I did, wine tasting deminstration

dudevenezuela
03-02-2006, 06:19 AM
what about beer? rum? tequila? vodka? whisky?

Proper Bo
03-02-2006, 06:20 AM
I went to france with school when I was 13, just stole lager off the teachers:dabs:

Tempestv
03-02-2006, 06:27 AM
our guide told us that there were no public restrooms- if you had to go, go to a bar and use the bathroom, then buy a drink when you came out. most of the bars don't sell anything nonalcoholic

Mr. Mulder
03-02-2006, 12:05 PM
For France, I think you must spend at least six months in the womb and develop at least two limbs before you can move on to spirits :dabs:

DorisInsinuate
03-02-2006, 12:29 PM
In France you can piss in the street and no one cares.

Skweeky1
03-02-2006, 12:50 PM
I suggest this:

Go into a supermarket and buy one of those plastic bottles of wine.

Last time I was over I paid 1.5euro for a 2l bottle and it was gorgeous.

They won't ask you for ID

Smith
03-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Well I cant bring any alcohol back, cause Ill hjave to declare it and my teachers will find out. If they catch you drinking on this drip they can suspend you when ou get back to school for posession of alcohol.

But I would like to go to a bar and have a few beers, or a 40 or something and bring it back to my room.

Guillaume
03-02-2006, 02:33 PM
But I would like to go to a bar and have a few beers, or a 40 or something and bring it back to my room.
There's your problem. In bars they do pay a bit more attention to the legal drinking age. The best solution would be to hit a small grocery shop when the adults aren't looking your way.

BTW, drinking and being drunk on a street is a legal offence and could send you straight in a sobering-up cell for the night. Most coppers do not care about it, but some may get over-zealous.

Tempestv
03-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Well I cant bring any alcohol back, cause Ill hjave to declare it and my teachers will find out. If they catch you drinking on this drip they can suspend you when ou get back to school for posession of alcohol.

one of the guys on my trip bought and brought through customs 12 bottles of wine (he was 14)

There's your problem. In bars they do pay a bit more attention to the legal drinking age. The best solution would be to hit a small grocery shop when the adults aren't looking your way.

apparently he is sixteen, so he should be fine

Good luck Canuk. were abouts in france are you visiting?

Gripper
03-02-2006, 07:25 PM

BTW, drinking and being drunk on a street is a legal offence and could send you straight in a sobering-up cell for the night. Most coppers do not care about it, but some may get over-zealous.
Stop pretentending you're French,you Kentish person:P

Guillaume
03-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Stop pretentending you're French,you Kentish person:P
I never said I was.

Well, not in that post anyway.

Gripper
03-02-2006, 08:04 PM
What's the difference between the Police Nationale and a Gendarme?

enoughfakefiles
03-02-2006, 08:16 PM
What's the difference between the Police Nationale and a Gendarme?

Probably about 40 euros a week :pinch:

I had gendarme security when i was in algeria working :smilie4:

Gripper
03-02-2006, 08:17 PM
EFF>Jack Bauer

Smith
03-02-2006, 10:33 PM
one of the guys on my trip bought and brought through customs 12 bottles of wine (he was 14)

The trip is 8 days long. It breaks down like this:

Day 1: Flight

London

Day 2:Walking tour of london
Day 3:Guided sight seeing>Visit imperial War Museum>Visit to the Cabinet rooms.

Canterbury and Dover
Day 4: Visit to Canterbury>English Channel Crossing>Crossing to Normandy

Normandy

Day 5 (The day I'm really looking foward too):Visit the beaches of normandy>Juno beach information center>Bayeux Tapestry

Paris

Day 6: Vimy Ridge 90th Anniversary Ceremonies>Tranfer to paris>Tour of paris.

For some reason the little booklet I got didnt have the information for day 6 and 7..I think its just the trip back.

I wish we could go straight to france and spend a bit more time there, but whatever.

2000$ CAD (Flights, boat rides, hotels, tours, some form of food..ect ect)

Gotta get me a job again..

HeavyMetalParkingLot
03-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Just order the beer, if the waiter refuses due to your age, just tell him to get your damned beer. Pretty soon, seeing as he is French, he will buckle and get it for you. :-P

Snee
03-02-2006, 10:46 PM
More likely, he's gonna' think TC is an american and be extra harsh to him, if he does that.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
03-02-2006, 10:48 PM
More likely, he's gonna' think TC is an american and be extra harsh to him, if he does that.

shush you, get back inside the comic book room.

Snee
03-02-2006, 10:54 PM
I'd rather call it the lego-room :snooty:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
03-02-2006, 10:57 PM
I'd rather call it the lego-room :snooty:

I used to call it the lincoln log room...but then the term took on certain....connotations....so i had to call it something else....meh.

Smith
03-03-2006, 12:31 AM
I know the french are a bit hostile to the Americans, what about Canadians?

What If I pinned a Canadian flag to my backpack?

HeavyMetalParkingLot
03-03-2006, 12:33 AM
I know the french are a bit hostile to the Americans, what about Canadians?

Same thing to them...

Guillaume
03-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Add a sign saying you don't sing or you'll be stoned to death on sight. :shifty:

sArA
03-03-2006, 12:35 AM
First time pissed on a School French Trip (Band Camp actually but meh)

Right old hoot it was too, complete with rows of kids puking cheap red wine and freaking out thinking it was blood....:lol:

Ahhhh those were the days....

Tempestv
03-03-2006, 12:38 AM

The trip is 8 days long. It breaks down like this:

Day 1: Flight

London

Day 2:Walking tour of london
Day 3:Guided sight seeing>Visit imperial War Museum>Visit to the Cabinet rooms.

Canterbury and Dover
Day 4: Visit to Canterbury>English Channel Crossing>Crossing to Normandy

Normandy

Day 5 (The day I'm really looking foward too):Visit the beaches of normandy>Juno beach information center>Bayeux Tapestry

Paris

Day 6: Vimy Ridge 90th Anniversary Ceremonies>Tranfer to paris>Tour of paris.

For some reason the little booklet I got didnt have the information for day 6 and 7..I think its just the trip back.

I wish we could go straight to france and spend a bit more time there, but whatever.

2000$ CAD (Flights, boat rides, hotels, tours, some form of food..ect ect)

Gotta get me a job again..

south france is better- wasn't to impressed with paris, would like to go back to nice and arles though. never in a tour group however. I will find a way to go on my own, and decide for myself what is interesting. maybe I will go study for a semester there if I can find a good engineering school in south france.

Smith
03-03-2006, 12:43 AM
The only real reason I'm going is to see Juno beach, I plan on going to europe again once I graduate, but my friends probally wouldnt be into that. That trip will be Amsterdam, Czech Republic..not sure bout the other places.

manker
03-03-2006, 09:16 AM
The only real reason I'm going is to see Juno beachThat's a bit harsh.

The chap may have put on a bit of weight since his move to Canadia but I hardly think he's in the whale catagory yet.

Cheese
03-03-2006, 02:11 PM
The only real reason I'm going is to see Juno beachThat's a bit harsh.

The chap may have put on a bit of weight since his move to Canadia but I hardly think he's in the whale catagory yet.

:rolleyes::lol:

Spider_dude
03-03-2006, 06:31 PM
juno moved to canadia?

Cheese
03-03-2006, 06:33 PM
juno moved to canadia?
Yeah, apparently. But I'm more surprised by the fact that I managed to post in this thread whilst in a seminar. Someone forgot to log onto their own account eh?

Spider_dude
03-03-2006, 06:35 PM
i take it it's not that interesting a seminar then?

Cheese
03-03-2006, 06:39 PM
i take it it's not that interesting a seminar then?

Nah, but it looks like someone forgot to log-out of my account before posting here...

Spider_dude
03-03-2006, 06:40 PM
ah hello cheese's landladys dog.

Carcinus
03-03-2006, 06:51 PM
juno moved to canadia?
Yeah, apparently. But I'm more surprised by the fact that I managed to post in this thread whilst in a seminar. Someone forgot to log onto their own account eh?

:lol: Yeh sorry.

Actually it was in retaliation to you making me look like a newsgroup geek yesterday. :blink: