PDA

View Full Version : Backing Up Programs FULLY

NeoTheOne
03-02-2006, 04:14 AM
I think ive seen it on tech tv one day , it was like its a norton program that you can like back up a program or programs liek fully and move them onto a diffrent computer without having to reinstalling them again. ? anyone know what it is? (programs name)

Tempestv
03-02-2006, 04:44 AM
you can copy a lot of program files over to another comp over a lan, or archive them in winrar and unpack to program files. had Call of duty on my computer probably ten different times before I ever installed it once.
ya, there is norton program that does something like that, my mom has a copy. not sure exactly what it does though

Busyman
03-02-2006, 06:45 AM
Sounds like Norton Ghost.

Backups can be restored on another drive or partition.

peat moss
03-02-2006, 06:55 AM
With new computers having a dvd -r these days, back ups are so easy . Busyman is right I'v used Ghost to back up my fresh install it fits on one dvd .

Nero 7 has a back up program also but I have yet to try it .

Tempestv
03-02-2006, 07:22 AM
I have all my files that will transfer and still play saved as archives on dvd- takes five minutes to install Call of duty. gives me the option to delete the games between lan partys for file juggleing space. also a faster way of transfering games to others that don't have the game at lans.

gonna have to get that ghost software though

NeoTheOne
03-02-2006, 08:35 PM
I Will Give Norton Ghost And Nero Thing A Run and see what happens, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. --- NeoTheOne