PDA

View Full Version : audio problems

ooo
03-02-2006, 10:53 PM
so i got the parts yesterday for the comptuer I was building for someone and I'm having audio problems.

GA-8I945P-G
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128294

The cd supplied didnt work really well, I downloaded the drivers off the site and installed it. When I try to go to the Sound Manager it tells me to check if there is a sound device installed and stuff.

Any ideas?

harrycary
03-03-2006, 01:01 AM
Are you having audio output problems or no audio only when you play a CD?

Checking your BIOS settings certainly would be in order.

The cd supplied didnt work really well

(I'm assuming you're talking about your chipset drivers)

ooo
03-03-2006, 02:07 AM
Are you having audio output problems or no audio only when you play a CD?
No Audio at all, I get an error when if I try to press play in winamp. If I try to open the volume control I get an error.

Checking your BIOS settings certainly would be in order.
I was thinking of doing that to see if they disabled it maybe.

The cd supplied didnt work really well
(I'm assuming you're talking about your chipset drivers)
Yes I am

peat moss
03-03-2006, 03:05 AM
Just courious what is says in Device Manager , hit windows key and pause/break, then hardware , Device Manager . Can you update drivers or see a problem there ? You know yellow question mark under sound ,video etc.

Mabye uninstall the device thru that then reboot .

ooo
03-03-2006, 03:07 AM
I updated it to the latest drivers from the offiical website, there are no problems I checked it saids Device is working properly.

I packed up the computer because I thought he was going to pick it up, but I will unpack it and check it out tomorrow.

I have another error, when you shut down the computer it tells me to please check my A drive and see if it the tray has been properly shut or closed.

^ Bytheway I dont have a floppy drive or an A drive

ooo
03-04-2006, 12:32 AM
http://rs-servers.com/images/errrors.gif

finally fixed it, it was so random

i checked bios nothing there
i popped in the cd and reinstalled not the audio driver by the mobo's chipset driver and my device manager was opened while i was installing it
then i saw a little ! next to a pci thing
i clicked it and reinstalled the driver
after that it found 2 new hardwares so i installed the drivers for that
a restart of the computer and my audio worked

it was definitely very random

peat moss
03-04-2006, 04:06 AM
Glad you got it sorted ,Xp is funny with sound device drivers eh ? Seems to be my biggest headache when helping friends with their computers . And not all save thier mobo cd . :)

ooo
03-04-2006, 12:42 PM
i think it was more the mobo lol i was reading the reviews and people were having trouble too, this was the first computer i had problems with. its the seventh one i built