PDA

View Full Version : can BW meter kill interent connection or Bit Comet?

Tempestv
03-03-2006, 05:27 PM
here at the college I am limited to two gig a day download, or they kill my internet for the week. since i don't want to have to keep checking statistics for bit comet so I don't exceed the limit, I set up BW Meter to monitor my connection, however, the only option I can see to stop the connection is to kill the whole computer. I can however run a program when the limit has been reached. are there programs out there that would block the net connection or kill a particular program like BitComet or limewire? or am I missing something in BW meter that would let me do one of these?

RealitY
03-03-2006, 06:10 PM
For DUMeter the only addition options I see is terminate all Dial Up or Close Comupter down...

j0shin
03-04-2006, 07:44 AM
BWmeter has options that would let you do that, yes. It has a very flexible "filters" options, which made me change from Netlimiter to BWmeter. All in all the best "traffic control" program I've used.

Yoga
03-04-2006, 08:22 AM
seems sort of risky

Tempestv
03-04-2006, 08:26 AM
the "kill the computer" option worked today. I would like something a little more conveniant. another program beside BW meter perhaps? it would need to be able to differentiate between internet traffic and local traffic on a cirtain IP range.

Edit: finally found the option to kill the Internet connection when the limit is reached