PDA

View Full Version : Duke Cunningham (R-California) is sentenced

j2k4
03-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Duke Cunningham got much less than he deserves.

Fuckin' prick.

He should be shot and kicked for dying.

He even had a "rate card" for bribes.

Unreal.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186720,00.html

Tempestv
03-04-2006, 05:40 AM
One down, hell of a lot more to go.

Biggles
03-04-2006, 11:49 PM

Fuckin' prick.

Unreal.

Ordinarily a party has to be in power for perhaps three terms before getting so casual on such matters. The Rs seem to have rushed for the line early this time. Is this a comment on modern politics?

j2k4
03-05-2006, 12:14 AM

Fuckin' prick.

Unreal.

Ordinarily a party has to be in power for perhaps three terms before getting so casual on such matters. The Rs seem to have rushed for the line early this time. Is this a comment on modern politics?

I don't believe terms in office has anything to do with it, Les.

Regardless of whether or not the particulars are ever fully disclosed, I'd bet my bottom dollar (the one beneath the one on top) his corruption parallels his entire tenure.

Scumbags are born more often than made, I think.

Extraordinary that he's been sentenced and is apparently going to go away with no more fanfare; I can't recall the last time that happened, be it a terrorist or a democrat.

Biggles
03-05-2006, 12:26 AM
I agree. Scumbags are attracted to the trappings of power and there is no political monopoly on scumbaggery. Generally though, a party has to be in power for a while before they percolate to positions of advantage. Also, Parties in power get complacent and so do the scumbags, who start to think of the pie as their property.

I have been slightly surprised that a number of individuals seem to have to have reached this stage so early. Those in charge of the Party organisation will be glad to see the back of them as quickly and cleanly as possible.

j2k4
03-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Indeed. ;)

madonion
03-07-2006, 12:05 AM
actually, these fools have been in power for three terms... more, actually, if you just look at congress.
for all of you peeps reading outside of america, please read up on this shit:
corruption is alive and well in america
cunningham was downright filthy.... mostly corruption in america has been legalized in the form of the lobbying industry.....
madonion :cool:
ps power went to his head :blink: living in rancho santa fe seems to be exclusive resort of the rich, no....?

j2k4
03-07-2006, 12:21 AM
corruption is alive and well in america

This trend began many more than 3 terms back, I think you'll find-depending, of course on your inclination to check.

If you are under the age of thirty, and not historically steeped, you may just draw an unbalanced conclusion.

Don't ya think?