Gripper
03-04-2006, 08:34 PM
to play a musical instrument...some suggestions please:unsure:

enoughfakefiles
03-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Are you the music man :lookaroun

Mr. Mulder
03-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Spoons ftw. chicks luv a man who can spoon, i think i read that somewhere :unsure:

Gripper
03-04-2006, 08:38 PM
I am profecient at the spooning,the triangle,the kaazoo and am fairly good on the tambourine.
Need someit a bit more difficult,but that I can play at home to learn

JPaul
03-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Guitar.

You can get a reasonable one for not too much money and there are a plethora of books, vids etc for the learning at home.

Gripper
03-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Guitar.

You can get a reasonable one for not too much money and there are a plethora of books, vids etc for the learning at home.
My leanings are towards that,low cost low maintenance,that or keyboards,'cause we have one that me boy got for xmas a while back.

JPaul
03-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Thing about guitar is that you can get a wee tune out of it fairly quickly. Then practice as much, or as little as you want to get better.

maebach
03-04-2006, 09:48 PM
alto saxophone, its pretty easy, it didnt take me long, and its really sounds great.

Caroline
03-04-2006, 09:56 PM
it don't matter WHAT your doin, ust as long as you LOOK GOOD doin it

- quote by David Lee Roth

ziggyjuarez
03-04-2006, 09:59 PM
keyboard.

DorisInsinuate
03-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Guitar.

My leanings are towards that,low cost low maintenance,that or keyboards,'cause we have one that me boy got for xmas a while back.
Bah, you should learn bass, bassist > guitarist.

Carcinus
03-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Learn the Trombone. I did at school. Not only do you end up with lips that look like you've been snogging a hoover, you can also have great fun smacking the smarmy alto sax player in front of you in the back of the head with your slide. Plus don't empty the spit valve for a while and you could drown a flautist, I tried and I did.:happy:

DorisInsinuate
03-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Learn the recorder.

Carcinus
03-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Clarinet. According to Eddie Izzard it sounds like you are blowing down the wrong end of a weasel.

DorisInsinuate
03-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Learn the weasel. I heard if you blow down the wrong end you get the sound of a shitty woodwind instrument.

JPaul
03-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Bah, you should learn bass, bassist > guitarist.
Bassist = Guitarist's Labourer. Fact.

JPaul
03-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Learn the Trombone. I did at school. Not only do you end up with lips that look like you've been snogging a hoover, you can also have great fun smacking the smarmy alto sax player in front of you in the back of the head with your slide. Plus don't empty the spit valve for a while and you could drown a flautist, I tried and I did.:happy:
I take it you can double tongue then.

Carcinus
03-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Bassists = guitarists with fat fingers.

DorisInsinuate
03-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Bassett = England Manager

JPaul
03-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Bassett = England Manager
Buy a Mike.

JPaul
03-04-2006, 11:32 PM
I take it you never saw / heard Jaco play then.

Carcinus
03-04-2006, 11:33 PM

Not quite as well as I can slur. :D

JPaul
03-04-2006, 11:35 PM

Not quite as well as I can slur. :D
Ooer, missus.

Carcinus
03-04-2006, 11:48 PM

No, never. But who needs fingers to play either anyway. :django reinhardt:

Lilmiss
03-04-2006, 11:54 PM
It's got to be something you can practice whilst out delvering your snoozepapers.

How about the bagpipes. :whistling

DorisInsinuate
03-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Learn the kazoo.

JPaul
03-05-2006, 12:01 AM

I saw Jaco play with Weather Report, many years ago.

At one stage he was playing Purple Haze, using harmonic chords, on a fretless bass. It was feckin' ridiculously clever.

I have some django, but it's not really my cup of tea. He's the Gavin Henson of acoustic jazz guitar.

Carcinus
03-05-2006, 12:08 AM

At one stage he was playing Purple Haze, using harmonic chords, on a fretless bass. It was feckin' ridiculously clever.

I have some django, but it's not really my cup of tea. He's the Gavin Henson of acoustic jazz guitar.

I agree, but you can't fail to be impressed at the fact that he has TWO fingers on his left hand! TWO fingers!!!

I've an original fender precision bass, in cream and brown, I'm trying to avoid selling it because its a beauty, but I might have to. :(

JPaul
03-05-2006, 12:40 AM

I agree, but you can't fail to be impressed at the fact that he has TWO fingers on his left hand! TWO fingers!!!

I've an original fender precision bass, in cream and brown, I'm trying to avoid selling it because its a beauty, but I might have to. :(

I feel your pain.

I had a Yank built Strat, with the serial number on the head (prior to them being made in Japan). Custom hard case, the full monty. It was a thing of beauty, which someone gave me for reasons I wont go into. It was beautiful to play, with a quite flat neck and sounded divine.

I lent it to my idiot brother, who was playing pubs and clubs at the time. The half-wit swapped it for some amps, speakers and stuff. To this day I could punch him for being a geptard.

JPaul
03-05-2006, 12:42 AM

Alternate reply.

So does Tony Iommi.

sArA
03-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Thats settled then....guitar for gripper.:thumbsup:

I had a lovely Strat, customised with a humbucker for added grunt. Gigged it for years and then sold it to go on a holiday that turned out crap.

Meh ya live and learn. :dry:

Bf has an Original German handmade Warwick thumb Bass.....it is his 'other' woman. :lol:

Barbarossa
03-06-2006, 12:37 PM
to play a musical instrument...some suggestions please:unsure:

Learn the mp3 player. ;)