PDA

View Full Version : USA Basketball

Busyman
03-05-2006, 11:50 PM
http://www.usabasketball.com/images/usab_logo2.gif

2006-08 USA Basketball Men's Senior National Team Roster

http://images.snapfish.com/3464836%3A9%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3257%3E7%3C7%3E%3B%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D323356%3B9%3B%3B4%3B9nu0mrj

Guaranteed wins!!! :01:

We've a perfect blend of shooters and strength FTW!

It looks like Allen Iverson was snubbed and I know Shaquille O'Neal has an open invitation.

2 Wizards, Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison are on board.

edit: Actually there are some folks on there I'd replace. It seems the selection committee wants alota young players. Luke Ridnour, WTF?

maebach
03-06-2006, 04:50 AM
I really dislike brad miller.

rly.

madonion
03-06-2006, 11:37 PM
where's jason richardson?
;)
and what about steve nash? uh..... oh... right. ;)
madonion :cool:

Busyman
03-06-2006, 11:42 PM
where's jason richardson?
;)
and what about steve nash? uh..... oh... right. ;)
Steve is on the Canadian team.

Good point about Richardson.

madonion
03-06-2006, 11:55 PM
i know that. ;) but it would make a difference to have him on the team, wouldn't it? didn't the suns lose a few players from last year and they are still like #4 overall and challenging for the title...? any idea why? (ok shawn marion, too, but... :cool: )

Busyman
03-07-2006, 12:06 AM
i know that. ;) but it would make a difference to have him on the team, wouldn't it? didn't the suns lose a few players from last year and they are still like #4 overall and challenging for the title...? any idea why? (ok shawn marion, too, but... :cool: )
Ok I gotcha but so would Dirk Nowitzki but he plays for another team.

Tim Duncan doesn't even play for us so the whole notion is moot.

madonion
03-07-2006, 07:47 PM
:O i thought tim duncan has played for the usa.....
i know he's originally from the virgin islands but...... duncan was on one of the olympic teams, wasn't he? oh well.....

Busyman
03-07-2006, 11:07 PM
:O i thought tim duncan has played for the usa.....
i know he's originally from the virgin islands but...... duncan was on one of the olympic teams, wasn't he? oh well.....
Yeah I was messing with you on that one. He played with us a coupla times. He only plays for the Virgin Islands it seems when possible.

It is the US Virgin Islands.:naughty:

DS40KS
03-27-2006, 12:30 PM
How could u guys for Amare Stoudamire?? Even though he has been injured this year he is a still a great player.

Rudeboy2025
03-27-2006, 09:34 PM
What the hell is Redick doing there? I hate that guy.:lol:

j2k4
03-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Shane Battier/ultimate role player.

Good solid pick for that team; all that talent needs some steadying.

I've got a picture on my wall of him with my kid at the Silverdome when Shane was 13 and my kid was 9.

He was a good kid, and his parents were great people, too.

Watch to see what he does after he retires... ;)

longhorn49
03-28-2006, 01:25 AM
the usa has finally accepted that superstars have no chemistry whatsoever. Look at the all star game

Busyman
03-28-2006, 01:56 AM
the usa has finally accepted that superstars have no chemistry whatsoever. Look at the all star game
You can't count the All-Star Game. Usually the first half is exhibition.

Also the last World Championship and Olympics we didn't send our best players.

Furthermore, we didn't send many good jump-shooters. Notice all the other teams beat us on 3-pointers.

Busyman™
07-22-2006, 04:35 PM
http://www.usabasketball.com/images/2006/06_mnt_team_photo-vegas.jpg

Training camp is going on now!

USA Basketball finalized its 2006 Men's Senior National Team pre-World Championship training schedule and announced it would train and play two exhibition games in Guangzhou, China, from Aug. 6-8, including a historic game versus China in China.

peat moss
07-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Off topic I know sorry , Steve Nash came home to B.C. this week to much hoopla , too bad we can't clone him . He was asked about a street being named after him and a statue erected in his honour , said he'd rather the monies went to youth programs and kids play grounds .

Now thats an all star . :happy:

Oh and he got a verrry bad haircut while here . :lol:

Busyman™
07-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Off topic I know sorry , Steve Nash came home to B.C. this week to much hoopla , too bad we can't clone him . He was asked about a street being named after him and a statue erected in his honour , said he'd rather the monies went to youth programs and kids play grounds .

Now thats an all star . :happy:

Oh and he got a verrry bad haircut while here . :lol:
http://farlane.wordpress.com/files/2006/07/nash-haircut-triggers-panic.jpg
Btw, most people of fame say that regarding donating money. I'd be more impress with a nonfanous person doing that.

Nash's haircut is horrible. I don't know what he was thinking....possibly getting the hair out his eyes while playing the b-ball?

peat moss
07-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Oh I know what your saying Busy , but he seem genuine while here , reading to the kids and putting on clinics .

Funny thing is it did n't seem like a photo op ,seemed heart felt . His home town of Victoria B.C. is going thru a bad stage the last few years , Bloods and Crips turf wars if you can believe it .

Busyman™
07-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Oh I know what your saying Busy , but he seem genuine while here , reading to the kids and putting on clinics .

Funny thing is it did n't seem like a photo op ,seemed heart felt . His home town of Victoria B.C. is going thru a bad stage the last few years , Bloods and Crips turf wars if you can believe it .
Damn they are up there?:lol:

:(

So do you think Nash's chemo treatment will work?

peat moss
07-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Oh their every where , can't complain about the greasy hair anymore tho .

Typical Canadians tho I think he was born in South Africa . :lookaroun

Busyman™
07-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh their every where , can't complain about the greasy hair anymore tho .

Typical Canadians tho I think he was born in South Africa . :lookaroun
He was.

Kurono
07-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Just curious but anyone know why Vince Carter isn't on the team?

Busyman
07-24-2006, 05:51 PM
He wasn't picked.

Plus we didn't need another debacle of him putting his nuts in a Frenchman's face.

Busyman™
07-26-2006, 12:20 AM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:SrspaoE6qN9JNM:tell.fll.purdue.edu/JapanProj/FLClipart/Medical/cut.gif

Adam "Cry Baby" Morrison
Luke Ridenhour
Shawn Marrion (has minor knee injury)

Busyman™
07-28-2006, 10:44 PM
TRAINING SCHEDULE

July 19-25: Las Vegas, Nev.

July 31-Aug. 3: Las Vegas, Nev.

Aug. 3: State Farm USA Basketball Challenge vs. Puerto Rico 8pm Pacific

August 6-8: Guangzhou, China China Basketball Challenge 2006
Aug. 7: USA vs. China
Aug. 8: USA vs. Brazil

August 11-15: Seoul, Korea World Basketball Challenge 2006
Aug. 11: Korea vs. Turkey
Aug. 12: Korea vs. Lithuania
Aug. 12: Italy vs. Turkey
Aug. 13: USA vs. Lithuania
Aug. 13: Korea vs. Italy
Aug. 15: USA vs. Korea

I'll try to get the TV schedule soon....

tralalala
07-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Just a note, I didn't notice Kobe Bryant in that pic.. is he not on the team after all??

Busyman™
07-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Just a note, I didn't notice Kobe Bryant in that pic.. is he not on the team after all??

He's having knee surgery.

blazer06
07-31-2006, 03:53 AM
I wonder if they bring Lebron off the bench, they are saying that Paul, Joe Johnson and Carmelo are likely starters which leaves wade or Lebron out. Not sure how it will all work out

jetje
07-31-2006, 07:42 AM
héhé no Ben Wallace... that will be a lot lost battles under the boards for you....

Hope your guys going to shoot well cause i see some defensive prblems with this offensive great team.

Hope they will show footages of these games in the Netherlands as well.

Busyman™
08-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Sorry I forgot to post that the game between Puerto Rico ansd the US was on last night on ESPN2 11P-1A

The US won 114-69.:pinch:

I think USA baasketball is back!

Busyman™
08-07-2006, 11:04 PM
The US beats China 119-73.:pinch:

Busyman
08-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Hmm I just watched the China game (played in China btw) and I was very unimpressed with the US in the 1st half (mainly the first quarter).

Interesting too that basketball is China's most popular sport (soccer used to be). I heard that basketball is the world fastest growing sport years ago but jeez. China also rules all of basketball in Asia.

One thing the US does have much better than they had in last two international competitions is better three point shooting.

They have that and they just seem to out athlete the competition (so far).

manker
08-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Interesting too that basketball is China's most popular sportEven more interesting when you consider that the stadium for that game was a little over half full.

Busyman
08-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Interesting too that basketball is China's most popular sportEven more interesting when you consider that the stadium for that game was a little over half full.
Nah no it doesn't. It was a sellout.

It looked rather full when I watched it. However I could only see most of the stadium.:idunno:

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniormengallery/exh_china/images/71598899_10.jpg
Throw it down!

manker
08-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Even more interesting when you consider that the stadium for that game was a little over half full.

It looked rather full when I watched it. However I could only see most of the stadium.:idunno:

Throw it down!I read about it in USAToday.

Actually, the reason it wasn't full was because of the massive prices charged for tickets, between $84 and $450. Most folk couldn't afford to go. I thought you'd maybe have also read about it.

I say it was interesting because the Chinese people are desperate to see the NBA stars yet the NBA stars themselves priced the average Chinese NBA fan out of seeing them live. Pretty poor show.

It does, however, back up your previous points that cash is the main concern in US sport.

Busyman
08-08-2006, 03:12 PM

Throw it down!I read about it in USAToday.

Actually, the reason it wasn't full was because of the massive prices charged for tickets, between $84 and $450. Most folk couldn't afford to go. I thought you'd maybe have also read about it.

I say it was interesting because the Chinese people are desperate to see the NBA stars yet the NBA stars themselves priced the average Chinese NBA fan out of seeing them live. Pretty poor show.

It does, however, back up your previous points that cash is the main concern in US sport.
It wasn't in the US though. Also the average Chinaman doesn't go to see sports (maybe once a year) so maybe China prices the average Chinese NBA fan out of seeing them live.

Soccer attendance in China fell off almost 40% last year.

Hell those ticket prices are higher than in the US.:lol: I can get a nosebleed seat for 15$, nice seats for $75, and really nice seats for $110.

Busyman
08-08-2006, 03:37 PM
FUCK PISS SHIT!

USA beat Brazil in China today 90 to fucking 86!:angry: :angry: :angry:

We were up 52 - 38 at the half! WT FIGGITY F!?!

manker
08-08-2006, 05:14 PM
I read about it in USAToday.

It wasn't in the US though. Also the average Chinaman doesn't go to see sports (maybe once a year) so maybe China prices the average Chinese NBA fan out of seeing them live. Yeah, that'll be it.

Those rampantly commercial Chinese folk pricing their own fans out of seeing a game they've been hankering after for ages while the humble US all-star team get paid in bamboo shoots :lol:

Busyman
08-08-2006, 05:53 PM
It wasn't in the US though. Also the average Chinaman doesn't go to see sports (maybe once a year) so maybe China prices the average Chinese NBA fan out of seeing them live. Yeah, that'll be it.

Those rampantly commercial Chinese folk pricing their own fans out of seeing a game they've been hankering after for ages while the humble US all-star team get paid in bamboo shoots :lol:

They aren't even getting paid in bamboo shoots.:unsure:

Busyman™
08-14-2006, 09:44 PM
USA beat Lithuania 111 - 88

Busyman
08-15-2006, 12:54 PM
USA beat Korea 116 - 63

Gilbert Arenas is out of competition with a groin injury and that really sucks.

The World Championships start on Saturday. In exhibition play, the US Basketball team is undefeated.

Busyman
08-15-2006, 01:00 PM
He wasn't picked.

Plus we didn't need another debacle of him putting his nuts in a Frenchman's face.

Oh and here's him putting his nuts in a Frenchman's face. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=3iPVGlc2PC4)

Busyman™
08-18-2006, 11:47 PM
TV SCHEDULE

Saturday, August 19

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1a/Flag_of_Argentina.svg/125px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png
Argentina

vs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Flag_of_France.svg/125px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France

NBA TV - 4pm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Flag_of_the_United_States.svg/125px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
U.S.A.

vs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg/125px-Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png
Puerto Rico

ESPN2 - 1am (tonight)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b4/Flag_of_Turkey.svg/125px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png
Turkey

vs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Flag_of_Lithuania.svg/125px-Flag_of_Lithuania.svg.png
Lithuania

NBA TV - 6pm

Busyman™
08-21-2006, 12:55 AM
US beat Puerto 111-100:O
US beats China 121 - 90

Busyman™
08-23-2006, 10:06 PM
US beats Slovenia 114 - 95

US beats undefeated Italy 94 - 85 :(

Carmelo Anthony scores 35. 29 points in 19 minutes were in the second half.
I'm about to watch the game. (came on at 6:30 this morning)

The US trailed by 9 at the half and went down by 12 in the 3rd quarter.

US wins group D and advances.

I think we are going to get beat by Argentina.:( Manu Ginobli is a beast and I don't think our "Redeem Team" is up to snuff. We have good players but not all of our very best. I hate to say it but I wish we had Kobe (the bitch), Shaq, and Michael Redd.

Busyman
08-24-2006, 03:03 PM
I watched the Italy game and the US had an absolutely dismal 3rd quarter performance. Their first field goal was with 4 min left in the quarter. :dabs:

Carmelo Anthony's 35 was electrifying! Correction from before...he had 19 in one quarter alone!

In a meaningless game, US beat Senegal 103 - 58. We barely used our starters for that game. Chris Bosh (from the Toronto Raptors) was the leading scorer with 20 :dabs:

Italy had to come back to beat Senegal in an earlier game, wtf?

We play the 4th place team in group C (Australia, 2-3) on Sun. Aug 27.

manker
08-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Busy, you've made the last fifteen posts in this thread - interspersed only with me taking the pish out of you.

Are you a mentalist or something.

Mr JP Fugley
08-24-2006, 07:56 PM

Busyman™
08-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Busy, you've made the last fifteen posts in this thread - interspersed only with me taking the pish out of you.

:crazy:

Are you on about the fact that there are only menial responses to the this dread?

I'm cool wit the lack of responses. It's the motherfuckin' internet, bitchhhhhh.

manker
08-24-2006, 10:03 PM

Yes.Fixed

Busyman™
08-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Yes.Fixed

:lol: :lol:

Busyman™
08-27-2006, 03:15 PM
US beats Australia 113-73

FIBA officials are shit. They put points on the board before baskets are made and make worse calls than the NBA.

The US looked horrible the first quarter then next thing you know, in the second quarter Australia almost didn't score a bucket and we were up 20.:stars: We absulllootlee killed them on 3-pointers.

We play Germany next on Wednesday.

ESPN2 - 6:30am

Germany barely beat friggin' Nigeria (78-77). Previously Dirk Nowitzki scored 47 against an opponent.

Greece beat China 95 - 64 so they play France next.

I'm glad Argentina and Spain are in the other bracket. One of them will be canceled out if we get that far.

madonion
08-28-2006, 08:20 PM
yes, usa should win this one.

but it's the game after that that the fun really starts! :D

-madonion :cool:

Germany barely beat friggin' Nigeria (78-77). Previously Dirk Nowitzki scored 47 against an opponent.

Busyman™
08-29-2006, 01:12 AM
yes, usa should win this one.

but it's the game after that that the fun really starts! :D

-madonion :cool:

You must be talking about Greece.

They play France at 3:30am same channel and day.

I wonder if Tony Parker playing for France.

I think that Argentina will be beat the US. The US team we have just scares me. They look like shit and then all of a sudden they're up by 30.

That shit isn't going to work with Argentina (or Spain). They been playing together for 10 years. The US team was cobbled together in a coupla weeks.:pinch:

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 05:06 AM
Down to the final four

3:30am - ESPN2

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1a/Flag_of_Argentina.svg/125px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png
Argentina

vs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Flag_of_Spain.svg/125px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain

6:30am - ESPN2

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Flag_of_the_United_States.svg/125px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States

vs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5c/Flag_of_Greece.svg/125px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png
Greece

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Well I had it backwards.

Greece played the US at 3:30am.

The US got their asses beat 101 - 95.

Another embarrasment. I am not surprised.

All we can get now is a bronze medal.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Damn I see one reason why we lost.

Greece had "baby Shaq" Shortsiunitas "Tractor Traylor" on their team. He was a killer in the paint.

Whoever makes the US basketball team up next time better do some rethinking. Besides Carmelo Anthony in earlier games, the US shoots shit from 3-point land. Kirk Hinrich was supposed our 3-point guy and he missed wide open shots consistently.

There's no excuse for it. The international game has a closer 3-point line and is 8 minutes shorter. Get a team together that plays the international game longer than a month.

Shame on the US. I doubt we'll even get the bronze. We have to play the loser of Spain/Argentina.:dry:

manker
09-01-2006, 11:21 AM
CrabGirl will be pleased.

Did the USA try to win without steroids this time. FFS, they might have had their medals taken away but it's the winning that counts.

Barbarossa
09-01-2006, 11:24 AM

Greece had "baby Shaq" Shortsiunitas "Tractor Traylor" on their team. He was a killer in the paint.

Whoever makes the US basketball team up next time better do some rethinking. Besides Carmelo Anthony in earlier games, the US shoots shit from 3-point land. Kirk Hinrich was supposed our 3-point guy and he missed wide open shots consistently.

There's no excuse for it. The international game has a closer 3-point line and is 8 minutes shorter. Get a team together that plays the international game longer than a month.

Shame on the US. I doubt we'll even get the bronze. We have to play the loser of Spain/Argentina.:dry:

That's 3 reasons :dry:

manker
09-01-2006, 11:30 AM
There's no excuse for it. (Oh, hang on, yes there is - wait for it). The international game has a closer 3-point line and is 8 minutes shorter.Fixed.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 12:33 PM
There's no excuse for it. (Oh, hang on, yes there is - wait for it). The international game has a closer 3-point line and is 8 minutes shorter.Fixed.

Damn you're an idiot.:lol: :lol:

I was saying the game should be easier for the USA.

I wasn't even trying. :rod:

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 12:34 PM

No it isn't.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 12:36 PM
CrabGirl will be pleased.

Did the USA try to win without steroids this time. FFS, they might have had their medals taken away but it's the winning that counts.

Nah the other teams got better, we don't send our very best, and we play together for less than a month.

We did it to ourselves. Many foreign players got better playing in the NBA.

Better competition makes for a better game. Either way the US team should be ashamed.

peat moss
09-01-2006, 12:37 PM
International Sports is a hard one to call , every country wants to beat on the top dogs . Be it Canada in hockey , Yanks in Basketball or England in Soccer .

Barbarossa
09-01-2006, 12:39 PM

No it isn't.

Oh yes, yes it is.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 12:40 PM
International Sports is a hard one to call , every country wants to beat on the top dogs . Be it Canada in hockey , Yanks in Basketball or England in Soccer .

America hasn't been top dog in b-ball six years.:ermm:

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 12:42 PM
No it isn't.

Oh yes, yes it is.

Reasons why we lost. No it isn't.

We always dominate the paint. We never shoot good from 3-point land and would still win.

manker
09-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Fixed.

I wasn't even trying. :rod:You're an odd chap, Busy. You weren't trying but it's a rod. How does that work.

Oh, nvm, just remembered - you don't understand what rodding is.

The game is easier (for all teams - Not just the US).

If the goals were bigger at the World Cup, making the game easier, it certainly wouldn't benefit the top teams, more the crappier ones.

That's why what you wrote is an excuse, even tho' now you seem to think it's not.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 01:26 PM

I wasn't even trying. :rod:You're an odd chap, Busy. You weren't trying but it's a rod. How does that work.

Oh, nvm, just remembered - you don't understand what rodding is.

The game is easier (for all teams - Not just the US).

If the goals were bigger at the World Cup, making the game easier, it certainly wouldn't benefit the top teams, more the crappier ones.

That's why what you wrote is an excuse, even tho' now you seem to think it's not.

Oh gosh you are still trying. Let me help you since you don't get it.

The 3-point line is ccccllllooossseeerrr than in the NBA (slightly farther than our college line) so the shots should be easier for us to make and

The game is sssshhhhhooorrrttteeerrr than in the NBA so the players can expend more energy than they are used to.

The clue was that right after I said there's no excuse for it....I wrote why. DUH. :1eye:

You are so busy trying to be a smart-ass that you're a dumbass, dumbass.

manker
09-01-2006, 02:05 PM
So you didn't read/understand what I wrote.

Ah, well.

Maybe I didn't dumb down enough. Who knows/cares.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 02:14 PM

Ah, well.

Well I did dumb it down for you and you still didn't get it.

Typically a longer 3-point line makes for harder shots and longer games take a bigger toll on the body. It's in part why NBA basketball is a harder game than college basketball.

If a player is used to a harder game then an easier one should be...well, easier.

Is that dumbed down enough for you this time.

Good lord.:stars:

Maybe your last post is your way of saying that I'm right in a non-humble way. Apparently you knew/cared enough to be smart-ass but not back it up.

manker
09-01-2006, 02:28 PM

Ah, well.

Typically a longer 3-point line makes for harder shots and longer games take a bigger toll on the body. It's in part why NBA basketball is a harder game than college basketball.

If a player is used to a harder game then an easier one should be...well, easier.

Maybe your last post is your way of saying that I'm right in a non-humble way. Apparently you knew/cared enough to be smart-ass but not back it up.
:lol:

It really is that simple, eh.

I know what you're trying to say - I disagree with it. The closer three point line and the shorter matches won't help better teams.

Are the games longer and three point line further away from the basket in other countries' domestic games? If not, then the US definitely have a disadvantage for obvious reasons. If so, the better teams (of which, the US is one) have a disadvantage to what it would have been if the game was the same because none of the teams are used to this version - they've trained for the more difficult game, which requires more skill (3 point shots) and fitness (stamina).

The teams with players who aren't so fit and aren't so skilled are suddenly in a game where you don't have to be so accurate with 3 point shots and don't have to be so fit.

The playing field has been levelled, somewhat. The teams with the best three point shooters and the fittest players don't have so much of an advantage anymore.

It's not quite so simple as you're making it. There are other factors which I don't believe you considered.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 02:45 PM

:lol:

It really is that simple, eh.

I know what you're trying to say - I disagree with it. The closer three point line and the shorter matches won't help better teams.

Are the games longer and three point line further away from the basket in other countries' domestic games? If not, then the US definitely have a disadvantage for obvious reasons. If so, the better teams (of which, the US is one) have a disadvantage to what it would have been if the game was the same because none of the teams are used to this version - they've trained for the more difficult game, which requires more skill (3 point shots) and fitness (stamina).

The teams with players who aren't so fit and aren't so skilled are suddenly in a game where you don't have to be so accurate with 3 point shots and don't have to be so fit.

The playing field has been levelled, somewhat. The teams with the best three point shooters and the fittest players don't have so much of an advantage anymore.

It's not quite so simple as you're making it. There are other factors which I don't believe you considered.

Of course there are other factors. I wasn't talking about other factors.

For instance, foreign teams practice 3-point shots more. Foreign born big men in the NBA are better 3-point shooters than US born ones typically.

Not my point.

The point was that I was not making an excuse but just the opposite. You tried to turn into an excuse to be smart-assed and it didn't work which made you look like idiot. You are now arguing it's a disadvantage (3-point and game length) and I don't think it was.

Typically a player that can shoot from a farther line can shoot better even closer. It requires less arm/leg strength. That's not hard to understand is it?

Our big men that don't normally shoot 3s would have an easier time since the line is closer.

Imagine NBA players playing on a high-school basketball court. Tim Duncan (a center/power forward) could have a great 3-point shooting game and a normal 3-point shooter would have a field day.

manker
09-01-2006, 02:53 PM
The point was that I was not making an excuse but just the opposite. You tried to turn into an excuse to be smart-assed and it didn't work which made you look like idiot.That's fair enough, you wrote it and only you know what was in your head at the time. I can only surmise.

I make smart-arsed comments all of the time ... most of them are twisting people's words to mean something else. Which is what I did to you. What you actually meant is not really important to my smart-arsery :)

It looked like an excuse to me. It is an excuse if you take my points on the matter.

If you disagree with my points, then you also disagree with what you wrote being an excuse.

I'm fine with that.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 03:00 PM
The point was that I was not making an excuse but just the opposite. You tried to turn into an excuse to be smart-assed and it didn't work which made you look like idiot.That's fair enough, you wrote it and only you know what was in your head at the time. I can only surmise.

I make smart-arsed comments all of the time ... most of them are twisting people's words to mean something else. Which is what I did to you. What you actually meant is not really important to my smart-arsery :)

It looked like an excuse to me. It is an excuse if you take my points on the matter.

If you disagree with my points, then you also disagree with what you wrote being an excuse.

I'm fine with that.

What you said in bold works the opposite way. If it were NBA rules, foreign players would have to shoot farther and play longer. Disadvantage to the foreign player.

It actually doesn't work both ways. The NBA player doesn't have to worry about conserving energy as much and should be able to shoot from more of the floor. Advantage - American NBA player.

I saw your logic and I think it's just that you don't know the game and that's understandable being in a 2-sport town.

:)

manker
09-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Busy edit :dry:

Barbarossa
09-01-2006, 03:02 PM
bouncing a ball around a gymnasium and lobbing it at a hoop occasionally is hardly energetic :dry:

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 03:02 PM

Actually no. I saw you posted so I moved it down as a separate post.

:)

manker
09-01-2006, 03:05 PM
That's fair enough, you wrote it and only you know what was in your head at the time. I can only surmise.

I'm fine with that.

What you said in bold works the opposite way. If it were NBA rules, foreign players would have to shoot farther and play longer. Disadvantage to the foreign player.

It actually doesn't work both ways. The NBA player doesn't have to worry about conserving energy as much and should be able to shoot from more of the floor. Advantage - American NBA player.

I saw your logic and I think it's just that you don't know the game and that's understandable being in a 2-sport town.

:)Yeah, I don't follow basketball, but do I have a good understanding of sport science and the psychology behind it. That's pretty much the same across the board.

Like I said, if you agree with my points, that's cool. I was right by default. If not then I don't really mind because I was being a disingenuous smart-arse anyway.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 03:06 PM
bouncing a ball around a gymnasium and lobbing it at a hoop occasionally is hardly energetic :dry:

:glag:

occasionally.

The players do happen to break a sweat.

manker
09-01-2006, 03:07 PM

:):blink:

I posted at 3:53 and you edited the post I was replying to at 3:55. The words to which I was replying had been ammended.

That is a busy edit. Fact.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 03:10 PM

:)Yeah, I don't follow basketball, but do I have a good understanding of sport science and the psychology behind it. That's pretty much the same across the board.

Like I said, if you agree with my points, that's cool. I was right by default. If not then I don't really mind because I was being a disingenuous smart-arse anyway.

:O GTFOOH :O

Your points weren't valid. You discount versatility while clinging on to sport science. The difference is not between long-distance runner and sprinter.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 03:16 PM

:):blink:

I posted at 3:53 and you edited the post I was replying to at 3:55. The words to which I was replying had been ammended.

That is a busy edit. Fact.

Ok then. What was edited?

Another instance of your logic gone awry.

Just because you see an edit time doesn't mean words are added.

My post at 10:45 had the words from my 11:00 post originally. I saw you posted in between my edit so I deleted the added words and made them a separate post. The only thing remaining from that edit is the bold words in your quote.

In fact, this happened before your "busy edit" remark but hell....I explained that in post 77.

manker
09-01-2006, 03:25 PM
See the bit I quoted.

That's all there was to the line when I made my reply, the 'You are now arguing it's a disadvantage (3-point and game length) and I don't think it was.' was added later.

FYI:
A busyedit is any edit that's made after a person has replied to it.
A busyrod is a rod that wasn't actually intended but claimed in order to save face.
A busyman is an interweb curiousity.

All of these are facts. Fact.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 03:33 PM
See the bit I quoted.

That's all there was to the line when I made my reply, the 'You are now arguing it's a disadvantage (3-point and game length) and I don't think it was.' was added later.

FYI:
A busyedit is any edit that's made after a person has replied to it.
A busyrod is a rod that wasn't actually intended but claimed in order to save face.
A busyman is an interweb curiousity.

All of these are facts. Fact.

You apparently had selective quoting. Everything else was moved to post 74.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 04:06 PM
It looks like the US will go home empty handed.

Argentina lost to Spain 75 - 74.:O

We now have to play Argentina for the bronze.:dry:

I heard that Spain had beaten Argentina the last 10 times.:O

Busyman™
09-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Well the US surprised me in this Twilight Zone basketball tourney.

They beat Argentina 95 - 81.

I say Twilight Zone cos

1. I had Argentina and the USA being in the gold medal game.

2. They both end up being in the bronze medal game instead.

3. And I had the US losing to Argentina. They beat them handily too.

Damn if I was betting money....:pinch:

Manu Ginobli of Argentina only had 2 friggin field goals.:blink:

Dwayne Wade of the US had 32 points. Lebron had 20.

Busyman™
09-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Spain destroyed Greece 70 - 47 to take the Gold

Gold - Spain
Silver - Greece
Bronze - USA

Tmaster
10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
bullz forever