PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth USB Dongle

Skiz
03-08-2006, 04:07 AM
Has anyone ever used one of these?

It definitely appears that it's that it's the same as a data cable functionally, but just wanted some opinions of anyone who had used one.

Here is an example:

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/bldasum.html

lynx
03-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Haven't got one personally, but my brother has one and as you say it works just like a data cable.

I find it more convenient to use a proper USB data cable since on my phone it doubles as a charger. Otherwise I'd probably get one since they only cost about £10 ($175000) here.

Barbarossa
03-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Bluetooth dongles basically turn your PC into a bluetooth device, so you can transfer files to/from your bluetooth phone, and synchronise your addressbook, etc.

So in a sense, like a data cable, yes. :smilie4:

I got one, I use it quite alot.

EDIT: I got mine for about $5677 dollars on Ebay (£8.99)

DorisInsinuate
03-08-2006, 06:19 PM
I use Bluetooth so I can use my phone as a wireless remote for my computer, FTW.

Skillian
03-08-2006, 07:46 PM
I've got a bluetooth dongle - i like it a lot and it's never worked anything less than perfectly.

Colt Seevers
03-08-2006, 08:05 PM
They are good, but.... and I only speak from personal experiance ...if you are thinking of getting one, I would avoid Belkin model F8T003_v2 dongle, as it was a nightmare to set up.. some kinda conflict between MS Bluetooth enumerator that comes with XP and the Belkin version... it still works but it was just a total pain in the arse to set up; eventually.