PDA

View Full Version : Is the Lounge Witty or Insulting? YOU DECIDE!

Pages : [1] 2

sArA
03-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Is the Lounge Witty or Insulting? YOU DECIDE!

Sometimes, cultural differences mean that humour can be misinterpreted. If you are a noob here, and are not 'in' on the jokes, does it put you off or do you think that it’s not a problem?

There have been a few times where some members have been upset by comments made by other members that some may interpret as funny and others interpret as insulting

The question is, is it a problem? Is it ok? Is it hilarious? YOU DECIDE

We don’t want a big brother state to tell us what is funny, here or irl. However, we are a Global community and we should respect the opinions of the board members as to how far we all go.

It is surely good manners to stop when asked to, but people should not be over sensitive to the odd piss-take.

We really want to know what people think here, so off topic posts will be deleted. (Some could be used as examples….. ;)

Cheers,

Spider_dude
03-10-2006, 11:53 PM
geptards rod yeah!

ziggyjuarez
03-10-2006, 11:53 PM
I never get offended by a joke.Most of the time i dont get it or think its funny,or maybe just dont care.
I can see why a noob would get scared or offended because of the leetsness here.
-Cunt

GepperRankins
03-10-2006, 11:54 PM
yes

DorisInsinuate
03-10-2006, 11:55 PM
I think the Lounge should be more insulting.

twisterX
03-10-2006, 11:55 PM
does this have anything to do with that thread spider dude made about your box being full??

Guillaume
03-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Since the day I joined, I've felt really insulted a total amount of three times.

Two of these three times were because of a mod's post. Feckin' mods :dry:

DorisInsinuate
03-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Since the day I joined, I've felt really insulted a total amount of three times.

Two of these three times were because of a mod's post. Feckin' mods :dry:
Shut your face, j00.

/ban

Spider_dude
03-11-2006, 12:11 AM
i only get offended by junnos posts or posts when baz brings a man home from the pub, or when busyman posts about his massive e-cock, or when tesco tries to cyber me in pms, or when canadians post a reply of simply :lol smiley: or when... well thats about it really.

manker
03-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Hey, great idea to single out those who can't handle a bit of piss-taking.

I am so going to target anyone who posts in this thread that they get offended and/or insulted by posts made in the lounge.

Whether this post is deleted or not :happy:

ziggyjuarez
03-11-2006, 12:12 AM
stop tryn to piss on me manker i cant take it.

manker
03-11-2006, 12:23 AM
I feel like this thread is directed at me and my mates.

I feel insulted.

Fuck you all, I'm chucking a Yogi.

Buffalo
03-11-2006, 12:27 AM
I was the man in the pub, dumb fuck :lol:

Spider_dude
03-11-2006, 12:27 AM
you must be strong

Cheese
03-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Off the top of my head I can think of a few dozen forums that have "no-holds barred" sub-forums like The Lounge that are just terrible dens of racism/sexism/homophobia or full of cunts like Linkin Park. Whilst this place ain't going to win any polictical correctness awards I think things are kept reasonable and fun around here (mostly by the members themselves).

Buffalo
03-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Strong like Cheese!

Spider_dude
03-11-2006, 12:32 AM
can cheese lift a fat tax dodging dutch bastard?

ziggyjuarez
03-11-2006, 12:37 AM
canadians

Buffalo
03-11-2006, 12:43 AM
I was well pissed off the other night by a thread, I was well blown

well bad!

It blew out of hand big time & should have been stoped, but no it was for all to see, two members should have been banned full stop! :(

sorry to post this, but it got me!

Spider_dude
03-11-2006, 12:48 AM
who should have been banned baz?

Buffalo
03-11-2006, 01:32 AM
No one mate, Sorry for my post.

All in all I have a great time on FST,
Now UKF has gone & I resigned from The Club my last home is FST
I'm like a brick wall at times & yes I do get post shy
If my threads & some posts offend then i'm sorry, sometimes i just don't think

I love this place because I can have a laugh & chill

Wizard_Mon1
03-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Has it got that bad in here? Maybe its time for the yearly cull!

Busyman
03-11-2006, 02:07 AM
I think it's a mixture.

I think many folk's attitude on here is "I'm going to fuck with you. Conform and like it...'cause I'm still going to fuck with you. Why? 'Cause I can."

If the person conforms, then it's witty.

If he/she doesn't, it's insulting.

Either way, the board has changed to this and I say it's the way the mods wanted it. If a person doesn't like it, they are probably in the minority and I'd say a forum like genmay.com be more to their liking.

There was a fella named imasoldier or something that said he didn't like what the Lounge has become so he left. He asked a question and simply didn't get any serious answers. No biggie.

I really don't understand what the purpose of the poll is. Mods can look in the threads a judge for themselves. The Lounge is not the place to take anything seriously. Maybe that should be put on the front as a disclaimer if you've been getting complaints. :idunno:

I think if someone feels insulted, tell the other person to go fuck themselves and move on. No need for a poll. Everyone on here is not a trolling git.

FUCK YOU!!!

Oh I'm just kidding.:P

:dry:

:lol:

Spider_dude
03-11-2006, 02:10 AM
troll

Busyman
03-11-2006, 02:11 AM
troll
sumumabeeotch.

GepperRankins
03-11-2006, 02:11 AM
i find it hard to take any of you noobs serious :dabs:

ziggyjuarez
03-11-2006, 02:12 AM
life aint no joke

peat moss
03-11-2006, 03:05 AM
Its like anything in life if you come on to be a butt head you get treated like one, if looking for a bit of fun its great . I'v been guilty of both .:whistling

My favorite part about the lounge is its not as moderated as the others .

twisterX
03-11-2006, 03:28 AM
life aint no joke

:cry:

Proper Bo
03-11-2006, 03:29 AM
Insulting:dabs:

The fact that you geptards think you can talk to me:snooty:

twisterX
03-11-2006, 03:31 AM
>at the poll.

2 people will need to be killed. Bo get your guns out. Sara tell us the 2 people who voted for option 1. ziggy get ready!! :angry:

Proper Bo
03-11-2006, 03:36 AM
You're a glebe:dabs:

thewizeard
03-11-2006, 04:10 AM
I really think we should all practice to be more insalting...added with a little extra inpepering. That's what gives the necessary seasoning...

horia
03-11-2006, 06:37 AM
I think that as long as someone hasn't intended to insult smb with his/her says there is no issue on our hand ... else the one who does such things should be punished as the moderators think its best

Gripper
03-11-2006, 06:44 AM
If you want serious then fuck orf to the drawing room,everything else is just babycham for the brain.

IncurableChevy
03-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Everybody has their buttons. There are a couple of things I find hard to laugh at because they hit too close to home but if that's the case I just steer clear of threads that would touch a nerve. Having said that I can't think of anything that has made me feel that way here.

This place feels like somewhere I don't have to worry so much about what makes me laugh; and ok so there are threads that will offend some but you have to take things in the spirit they were meant. I kind of hope I'm right in thinking that what's posted doesn't really reflect what someone would do irl - just the fact that they like a larf.

DorisInsinuate
03-11-2006, 12:17 PM
I think that as long as someone hasn't intended to insult smb with his/her says there is no issue on our hand ...
Who's SMB, don't you mean SMG, but what's Buffy got to do with it.

Blade > Buffy :dry:

edit: there should be some question curlys in there somewhere.

manker
03-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Back from my strop, or going to bed ... whatever.

It seems to me that it's mods/forum stars that get the brunt of any piss taking. Frequently it's established members but hardly ever new members - the lounge dynamic seems fine to me, there are enough regulars to keep it busy and new blood comes along fairly frequently and is very welcome (staleness is a bitch). This section is probably busier than the rest of the forum sections put together.

I think there's been a bitch session in Team Chat (if it was in here, they'd get ripped to shreds for being gay) and it's been decided that something needs to be done about the nasty chaps who simply don't respect authoritah!

Tough.

Every forum has it's in-jokes and members who sometimes take things too far - and participants who have particularly cutting humour. It's just that with this forum, while all the mods are sterling members, none of them seem to be able to stand up to a handful of members (yeah, myself included) who think it's fun to take the piss out of them.

Obviously, no-one is going to get banned or moderated for this, so whatcha gonna do. I suspect nothing.

The lounge has moderated itself for almost two years. A handful of people have cried and left because of cutting remarks. Many more have laughed and stayed.

DanB
03-11-2006, 02:38 PM
:glag:

enoughfakefiles
03-11-2006, 02:44 PM
The lounge hasn't changed in all the time i've been here. I see your nearly winning in the poll manker :smilie4:

fkdup74
03-11-2006, 02:47 PM
I think that as long as someone hasn't intended to insult smb with his/her says there is no issue on our hand ...
Who's SMB, don't you mean SMG, but what's Buffy got to do with it.

Blade > Buffy? :dry:

edit: there should be some question curlys in there somewhere.

right there? :dabs:

heh...5 ppl voted "Yes its awful, and puts me off this place"

figure that's 5 less douchebags to worry about :schnauz:

-edit- 6 votes for awfullness now....wtf?

tantric
03-11-2006, 02:56 PM
No option for "tiresome"?

Not even "None of the above"?

Guess I shan't vote then.

DanB
03-11-2006, 03:05 PM

:snooty:

fkdup74
03-11-2006, 03:10 PM

shan't?
who the feck uses shan't?

last I heard that word was on "League Of Their Own"
their house mom used that word when the bus driver quit, I think
yer not a 60 year old spinster.....are you? :unsure:

tantric
03-11-2006, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=AfterBurn]yer not a 60 year old spinster.....are you? :unsure:
No, nor am I a 12 year-old bed wetter.

Which is probably why you have trouble understanding my point of view.

fkdup74
03-11-2006, 03:28 PM
No, nor am I a 12 year-old bed wetter.

spoken as such......

Shall I get your coat for you, ma'm?

j2k4
03-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Alright, you two; tuck up, or go play in the traffic.

I'll drive. :naughty:

Ah, hell, this place has it's misunderstandings as does any other.

My Great-Grandmother had 18 children; life in that house must have been a bit like the lounge, I think.

JPaul
03-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Now who's been running to teacher.

Miss, they won't play properly in the Lounge and it's my ball.

Tell them to play the way I want, Miss.

Whoever you are, you're a cawk. Fact.

Oh, whilst I am on, who do you fancy in the Phil Taylor v Raymond Van Der Valk (sp) showdown.

Mr. Mulder
03-11-2006, 03:55 PM
i think its the internet, everyone’s a james blunt, people shouldn't be grls, gays shouldn't be allowed to get married and feelings and emotions are for fags lol

:smilie4:

Agrajag
03-11-2006, 03:57 PM

Oh, whilst I am on, who do you fancy in the Phil Taylor v Raymond Van Der Valk (sp) showdown.
Why don't you shut the fuck up, you self-important piece of shit.

Mr JP Fugley
03-11-2006, 03:58 PM

that's a bit harsh

JPaul
03-11-2006, 04:00 PM
that's a bit harsh
To be fair, he does have a point.

j2k4
03-11-2006, 04:04 PM
that's a bit harsh

Yes.

I am also a self-important person.

Odor is in the nose of the, um, besniffer, I guess...:huh:

JPaul
03-11-2006, 04:08 PM

Yes.

Are you making up your own words again.

j2k4
03-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Yes.

Are you making up your own words again.

Let me review the post...

Yes, Yes I am.

Certainly. ;)

JPaul
03-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Top man, keep up the good effort.

Others simply aren't pulling their weight.

j2k4
03-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Top man, keep up the good effort.

Others simply aren't pulling their weight.

Too true.

Dictionaries ought to be expanding, right along with everything else.

It's the only way to keep the definitional confusion under control.

Rat Faced
03-11-2006, 07:55 PM

It seems to me that it's mods/forum stars that get the brunt of any piss taking. Frequently it's established members but hardly ever new members - the lounge dynamic seems fine to me, there are enough regulars to keep it busy and new blood comes along fairly frequently and is very welcome (staleness is a bitch). This section is probably busier than the rest of the forum sections put together.

I think there's been a bitch session in Team Chat (if it was in here, they'd get ripped to shreds for being gay) and it's been decided that something needs to be done about the nasty chaps who simply don't respect authoritah!

Tough.

Every forum has it's in-jokes and members who sometimes take things too far - and participants who have particularly cutting humour. It's just that with this forum, while all the mods are sterling members, none of them seem to be able to stand up to a handful of members (yeah, myself included) who think it's fun to take the piss out of them.

Obviously, no-one is going to get banned or moderated for this, so whatcha gonna do. I suspect nothing.

The lounge has moderated itself for almost two years. A handful of people have cried and left because of cutting remarks. Many more have laughed and stayed.

Shut the fuck up you welsh sheep shagger.

Personally i dont give a shit what crap you lot come out with and quite often laugh myself sick reading the drivvel. :rolleyes:

But unfortunately its not just me reading the unrelenting tripe, some people actually take you seriously...so we're taking a poll to find out just how widespread this form of dimentia is. :unsure:

How dare you put out an opinion i actually agree with, it upsets the very foundation of the relationship between us. :angry:

Proper Bo
03-11-2006, 07:57 PM

Tough.

Shut the fuck up you welsh sheep shagger.

Personally i dont give a shit what crap you lot come out with and quite often laugh myself sick reading the drivvel. :rolleyes:

But unfortunately its not just me reading the unrelenting tripe, some people actually take you seriously...so we're taking a poll to find out just how widespread this form of dimentia is. :unsure:

How dare you put out an opinion i actually agree with, it upsets the very foundation of the relationship between us. :angry:

cocktards:no:

Mr. Mulder
03-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Also, can we get rid of all the mexicans? :unsure:

fkdup74
03-11-2006, 08:03 PM

buh-bye ziggy :sadwalk:

Proper Bo
03-11-2006, 08:05 PM
buh-bye ziggy :sadwalk:

he's not even rly mexicant:no:

he's a merkin, so ashamed of being a merkin, that he stuck on some fake tan and a silly moustache and pretends to be called pedro. Fact.

(I think he has a sombrero too)

fkdup74
03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
he's a merkin, so ashamed of being a merkin, that he stuck on some fake tan and a silly moustache and pretends to be called pedro. Fact.

:ryl fkn glaggin:

:glag:

-edit- *wipes eyes* that should be rly....you know, rilly :mellow:

sArA
03-11-2006, 08:27 PM
I agree with RF(ello stranger how's it going mate?) & manker, although not as agressively testosterone driven of course! :lol:

I do however also think that sometimes people don't know when to stop and when taking the piss has changed into insulting or bullying behaviour.

Imo, its a case of respect for your mates if on occasion you over step the mark, you hold hands up, explain that it wasn't meant to be insulting and back off. That is just good manners.

Now...I am half expecting that my comments will be taken to mean that I have a personal problem with something/someone/a post/a thread whatever....I don't of course....I aint so uptight....... so leave me alone okay? :angry:

Biggles
03-11-2006, 08:29 PM
The Lounge is ok (although Spider was looking for a spanking from Sara imho)

Mostly the humour is rough, ready but acceptable.

Manker is probably a little unbalanced from watching his team contrive to play utter crap in the six nations and consequently should be given some leeway. :whistling

JPaul
03-11-2006, 08:32 PM

Manker is probably a little unbalanced from watching his team contrive to play utter crap in the six nations and consequently should be given some leeway. :whistling
That and him stopping sucking on fags after the 6 nations.

Chewie
03-11-2006, 09:04 PM
I see your nearly winning in the poll manker
I voted the Manker Option because there wasn't really an option that fitted the way I felt about The Lounge.

It does at times give the impression that it's a clique for those with a love of rodding and pisstaking.
Being a global community there are plenty of members that don't understand the humour that seems to prevail.
It's easy to spot when someone misunderstands the situation but no-one puts them right about it and they tend to get uptight; perhaps a post icon could be created that indicated 'WARNING: British Humour' to guard against this sort of thing.

To those that are indignant toward those that don't understand the humour:
Stop being an arse, geptard.
:)

Proper Bo
03-11-2006, 09:08 PM
A welsh mod? Now I've seen everything:no:

JPaul
03-11-2006, 09:27 PM
What's a Welsh mod, does it make the forum more phlegmatic.

Warning, play on words above.

To those who don't understand I'm using the word phlegmatic, because the Welsh language requires a lot of phlegm (having a good natured pop at my Welsh friends there). However the word phlegmatic actually means lacking in emotion. So I'm having a pop (good natured again) at the way the Welsh speak, whilst at the same time suggesting the admin have changed the board to make it lacking in emotional content.

At the same time I am totally and deliberately misunderstanding the obvious meaning of the original poster, which was to express mock shock at a Welshman being mad a moderator.

How's that work for you, NewMod.

Rat Faced
03-11-2006, 09:33 PM
At the same time I am totally and deliberately misunderstanding the obvious meaning of the original poster, which was to express mock shock at a Welshman being mad

:O

I would like to disassociate myself from this comment.

Manker is the only mad welshman i've come across...

Proper Bo
03-11-2006, 09:39 PM
At the same time I am totally and deliberately misunderstanding the obvious meaning of the original poster, which was to express mock shock at a Welshman being mad a moderator.

I don't think you did:smilie4:

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/3417/mods5ny.gif

Proper Bo
03-11-2006, 09:40 PM

Quoting out of context FTW:smilie4:

JPaul
03-11-2006, 09:42 PM
I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we have no interest in the Welshmen you have "come across".

enoughfakefiles
03-11-2006, 09:43 PM
I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we have no interest in the Welshmen you have "come across".

:glag::earl:

Rat Faced
03-11-2006, 09:43 PM
But its such a good quote :)

Rat Faced
03-11-2006, 09:44 PM

Touche

JPaul
03-11-2006, 09:47 PM

Touche
No thanks, perhaps another time.

fkdup74
03-11-2006, 09:50 PM

so a rugby tourney is the cure for manker's gheyness? :blink:

JPaul
03-11-2006, 09:52 PM

so a rugby tourney is the cure for manker's gheyness? :blink:
So he claims, I have my doubts.

thewizeard
03-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Touche
No thanks, perhaps another time.

well first :rofl: :glag:

second, I would suggest you (both) learn Dutch

http://www.trosradar.nl/?url=PHP/ontgoogle.php

Skweeky... might be of assistance :)

Chewie
03-11-2006, 10:56 PM

To those who don't understand I'm using the word phlegmatic, because the Welsh language requires a lot of phlegm (having a good natured pop at my Welsh friends there). However the word phlegmatic actually means lacking in emotion. So I'm having a pop (good natured again) at the way the Welsh speak, whilst at the same time suggesting the admin have changed the board to make it lacking in emotional content.

Sorry, you lost me at phlegm.

Seriously, I know you understand what I'm talking about.
I find your contributions very amusing - I laugh out loud on many occasions (including this thread) - but I don't believe you don't understand the 'humour gap' between Brits and the ROW.
It's just that sometimes you (and others) do carry on rodding when a footnote to the misunderstanding would ease their pain.
That wouldn't be fun for you though, would it?

I wouldn't want you to change your post content because then you wouldn't 'be you' and that wouldn't be good in many members' eyes, just go a little easier on those that don't understand.

Rat Faced
03-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Skweeky... might be of assistance :)

Nah, she has a boyfriend now.. :rolleyes:

Rat Faced
03-11-2006, 11:06 PM
The Top and Bottom of it is this:

Take the piss all you like.... but there is a line.

That line is when someone takes personal offense at what you've said.

More often than not, its a misunderstanding of the humour involved or someone is having a Bad Hair Day... so what? Just say "Sorry" and leave them be....

...tomorrow they may be taking the piss with the rest of you or they may just avoid this area for a while.

No one wants to Moderate this area, however we have a duty to all members on the board (oo err) to avoid harrassment and personal insults.

You aint stupid... cool it a little with those that dont want to be part of the piss taking.

Buffalo
03-11-2006, 11:12 PM
The problem on FST is some members drink the wrong beer!

Cider - FTW

JPaul
03-11-2006, 11:13 PM

Sorry, you lost me at phlegm.

Seriously, I know you understand what I'm talking about.
I find your contributions very amusing - I laugh out loud on many occasions (including this thread) - but I don't believe you don't understand the 'humour gap' between Brits and the ROW.
It's just that sometimes you (and others) do carry on rodding when a footnote to the misunderstanding would ease their pain.
That wouldn't be fun for you though, would it?

I wouldn't want you to change your post content because then you wouldn't 'be you' and that wouldn't be good in many members' eyes, just go a little easier on those that don't understand.

Rodding = deliberately posting something for someone to react to. It is not simply taking the pish out of another forum member. The rod has been much maligned by peons who don't understand the subtlety of it's use..

An example of a rod.

Me - Ah, the dolphin, the most honourable of fish.

A Geptard - A dolphin isn't a fish, it's a mammal.

Bait was deliberately used, someone takes the bait. Anything which does not contain these elements is not a rod. Fact.

Nice use of "members'" btw. Advanced apostrophe placement :ftw:.

GepperRankins
03-11-2006, 11:14 PM
The problem on FST is some members drink the wrong beer!

Cider - FTW
i didn't know they were still trying to sell the non alcoholic stuff :dabs:

PS, subtle bitching in sigs FTW :01:

Lilmiss
03-11-2006, 11:15 PM
blah blah blah....You aint stupid

noted. :happy:

has someone pished on yogi's camping stove again? :tut tut:

JPaul
03-11-2006, 11:15 PM

I take personal offence at your last post, ergo you have crossed "the line".

Pish.

tesco
03-11-2006, 11:16 PM

That's one of the first of your posts I understood, but only 'causeyou explained it. :lol:

ziggyjuarez
03-11-2006, 11:17 PM
words like pish,flowe,lo,and ROD are annoying and i take that as an Insult...

JPaul
03-11-2006, 11:18 PM

That's one of the first of your posts I understood, but only 'causeyou explained it. :lol:

:lol: :P

Rat Faced
03-11-2006, 11:32 PM

Pish.

Basically it comes down to a decision of the people here:

1/ Continue basically as the lounge is; unfettered by un-necessary Modding and laid back unless specific Rules are broken.

2/ MODS getting actively involved in the way the lounge is running, closing threads un-necessarily through misunderstanding and the odd complaint or removing them altogether following the spirit of the rules...including the harrasment parts etc..

As option 2/ would involve loads of PM's, possibly Moderations, i LIKE the way the interaction of characters/conversations in here develope and it'd also turn the lounge into a graveyard again. I'd prefer option 1.

Besides, option 2/ sounds too much like work and im a lazy bastard.

The Price for option 1? A little bit of common decency... dont take the piss out of/insult people that either dont understand the humour and take offense or dont want to be involved in that type of humour.

Wheres the controversy?

twisterX
03-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Option 1 FOR PRESIDENT!!

GepperRankins
03-11-2006, 11:44 PM
last time this came up, we made the drawing room :dabs:

Rat Faced
03-12-2006, 12:06 AM
last time this came up, we made the drawing room :dabs:

nooooo......... that was for people that wanted to talk about a subject seriously.

This is not... its about treating people with respect if they are not in the mood/dont understand the joke/take personal offense at a particular post.

We DO NOT want to "calm you down" generally with each other... just to understand and keep in mind that others sometimes do not see the joke and take it seriously.

If that happens, say sorry and move on...dont compound it by taking the piss more. Its up to them to let you or a Mod know they have taken offense or whatever. Its upto you to apologise.

Remember that there are cultural/religious/moral and just about every other difference on here.. not everyone will get the joke.

Lets get this into perspective here

Busyman
03-12-2006, 12:17 AM

Pish.

1/ Continue basically as the lounge is; unfettered by un-necessary Modding and laid back unless specific Rules are broken.

2/ MODS getting actively involved in the way the lounge is running, closing threads un-necessarily through misunderstanding and the odd complaint or removing them altogether following the spirit of the rules...including the harrasment parts etc..

As option 2/ would involve loads of PM's, possibly Moderations, i LIKE the way the interaction of characters/conversations in here develope and it'd also turn the lounge into a graveyard again. I'd prefer option 1.

The Price for option 1? A little bit of common decency... dont take the piss out of/insult people that either dont understand the humour and take offense or dont want to be involved in that type of humour.

Wheres the controversy?
There's to be a misunderstanding as to whether anyone outside od bratland understands rodding. There is a difference between rodding and trolling.

rodding - (manker recently had a good one for a rod) "You can't freeze saltwater, pneubs."
Now I thought that a poor attempt at rodding yet it did catch someone.:lol:
:rod:

trolling - "Chewie is an idiot and his mouth and ass are interchangeable."

It's really quite simple. Everyone isn't going to say "haha". Trollers know that.
My remedy is to do the same back in almost all cases. Folks on here deliberately cross the line unprovoked all the time then claim it as rodding. They don't care if they did cross the line or not. I treat it the same either way.

Is this something new?

As far as in-jokes, I wouldn't joke with my boys with jovial insults and say the same to a stranger walking by. Maybe that is an American thing. There are consequences and repercussions.:whistling

j2k4
03-12-2006, 12:28 AM

Yeah, we know all that, and if it weren't for all the help you get from the long-timers, laziness wouldn't be an option.

We got by without you for these last couple months and things have been fine.

Be as lazy as you please, Brother Rat...:)

Chewie
03-12-2006, 12:42 AM
Rodding = deliberately posting something for someone to react to. It is not simply taking the pish out of another forum member. The rod has been much maligned by peons who don't understand the subtlety of it's use..
I had in mind the 'best county' thread where the new Welsh member waded in after the 'Wales has no counties' bit.
I had thought it bait and let it be.

Thank's for your compliment on my apostrophe usage BTW.

Rip The Jacker
03-12-2006, 01:16 AM
I voted for "Yes its awful, and puts me off this place."

Lately I just try and stay away from the lounge. =/

Lilmiss
03-12-2006, 01:22 AM
On the plus side, at least it's pushing members to explore the many other subforums we have here. :unsure:

Rip The Jacker
03-12-2006, 01:24 AM
Not exactly... I end up avoiding the Lounge, only to realize the other subforums aren't as interesting or entertaining as they used to be... so I end up leaving completely.

=/

Busyman
03-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Not exactly... I end up avoiding the Lounge, only to realize the other subforums aren't as interesting or entertaining as they used to be... so I end up leaving completely.

=/
I've thought the same about the other subforums. TDR is my favorite, however. I like threads with a purpose moreso.

Lilmiss
03-12-2006, 01:38 AM
bah humbugs, Rip. Moderate the members, for a larf if nothing else.
Lamsey used to randomly change our sigs, and no one was actually offended.
IKE used to slap out wrists every time we posted a large pic, or oversized sig.
RF used to dribble a lot. :huh:

I don't really see any problems with the way the lounge governs itself. Some members have a harsher sense of humour, but it's all in good jest. Generally, if someone has overstepped the mark, another member will remark on it.

Really, there is a child safety function on all good browsers, and the offended kiddywinkles shouldn't be fecking with the settings.

fkdup74
03-12-2006, 01:44 AM
RF used to dribble a lot. :huh:

surely someone offered him a bib.....

Proper Bo
03-12-2006, 01:51 AM
where did my posts go?:blink:

Guillaume
03-12-2006, 01:53 AM
New mods powertripping already? :unsure:

Proper Bo
03-12-2006, 01:55 AM
apparentament

manker
03-12-2006, 02:12 AM

Lately I just try and stay away from the lounge. =/Good.

You're rubbish anyway. If I had to vote for the mod that was the least likely to say 'manker, you're a twat' - you would be it.

People that don't stand up for themselves suck bawls.

Oh, what, you're good with games and stuff? Gameboyworld has always sucked cawk - it's probably for the best if you just posted there with the rest of the twelve year olds.

Off-topic is for grown-ups.

tantric
03-12-2006, 02:15 AM
kiddywinkles
Lilmiss' madeup words are only things that really make visiting here worthwhile.

manker
03-12-2006, 02:22 AM
kiddywinkles
Lilmiss' madeup words are only things that really make visiting here worthwhile.In the same vein, I think it's funny when lonely men try to curry favour with females who frequent here.

But it doesn't happen that often :whistling

GepperRankins
03-12-2006, 02:23 AM
Lilmiss' madeup words are only things that really make visiting here worthwhile.In the same vein, I think it's funny when lonely men try to curry favour with females who frequent here.

not as funny as drunken manker subtle harshnesses

Proper Bo
03-12-2006, 02:23 AM

tantric
03-12-2006, 05:45 AM
In the same vein, I think it's funny when lonely men try to curry favour with females who frequent here.

Well, not everyone's here to try and score with the lads.

Proper Bo
03-12-2006, 07:54 AM
In the same vein, I think it's funny when lonely men try to curry favour with females who frequent here.

But it doesn't happen that often :whistling Well, not everyone's here to try and score with the lads.

But you are here to try and score with lilmiss?
:dabs:

Skiz
03-12-2006, 08:00 AM
It's not bad. I can handle it. Although it is a damn free for all in here. I'd like to see some people told to be more respectful of others or to keep threads on topic.

Otherwise, what's the point in mods?

enoughfakefiles
03-12-2006, 10:00 AM
It's not bad. I can handle it. Although it is a damn free for all in here. I'd like to see some people told to be more respectful of others or to keep threads on topic.

Otherwise, what's the point in mods?

Just because your don't see the mods, doesn't mean thier not there :ph34r:

Skiz
03-12-2006, 10:08 AM

I never said they weren't. :blink:

On that topic though, it's a pity that they are there and don't handle many of the situations that break the rules. The only rule I've seen enforced in...say...the past year is the sig size rule and rossco telling people to stop posting certain pics in that lounge thread today.

I'm sure I'm leaving out a few instances, but the point is, not much is done around here. Again, it's a free for all.

Rip The Jacker
03-12-2006, 10:28 AM

You're rubbish anyway. If I had to vote for the mod that was the least likely to say 'manker, you're a twat' - you would be it.

Oh, what, you're good with games and stuff? Gameboyworld has always sucked cawk - it's probably for the best if you just posted there with the rest of the twelve year olds.

Off-topic is for grown-ups. Grown-ups huh? You don't sound very grown up right now...

My post was not directed at you... yet you decide to insult me anyway.

People that don't stand up for themselves huh? Well, I for one think that people shouldn't have to come here to stand up for themselves. I shouldn't have to be in a hostile environment... that just plain sucks.

Games and stuff huh? Yeah, okay, sure. I'm good with games and stuff... so just like that huh? I should just leave... I mean, hey, I'm better off with the twelve year olds in Gameboyworld where it has always sucked cawk. Shit, how I could forget that the Lounge belonged to you? My apologies.

Tell you what, since I do feel like I'm in a hostile environment, and that I should stand up for me self (wouldn't want to suck bawls now), well, I'll do just that. This is me standing up for myself.

Yeah. This is me (rubbish), telling just another asshole, to shut up. :happy:

manker
03-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Good.

Off-topic is for grown-ups. Grown-ups huh? You don't sound very grown up right now...

People that don't stand up for themselves huh? Well, I for one think that people shouldn't have to come here to stand up for themselves. I shouldn't have to be in a hostile environment... that just plain sucks.

Games and stuff huh? Yeah, okay, sure. I'm good with games and stuff... so just like that huh? I should just leave... I mean, hey, I'm better off with the twelve year olds in Gameboyworld where it has always sucked cawk. Shit, how I could forget that the Lounge belonged to you? My apologies.

Tell you what, since I do feel like I'm in a hostile environment, and that I should stand up for me self (wouldn't want to suck bawls now), well, I'll do just that. This is me standing up for myself.

Yeah. This is me (rubbish), telling just another asshole, to shut up. :happy:
Love you, RTJ :wub:

Bless, you're such a nice chap - I feel kinda bad.

I came in from the pub, drunk, last night and since I couldn't focus on any long posts in this thread, I decided to rip the pish out of short ones (like I said I would in post ten). Apologies if it came off harsh.

Nothing personal - even tho', technically, it was just that :dabs:

DorisInsinuate
03-12-2006, 11:10 AM
I think if you just quote someone and say, "Shut the fuck up." You're more likely to get away with it.

DorisInsinuate
03-12-2006, 11:10 AM

On that topic though, it's a pity that they are there and don't handle many of the situations that break the rules. The only rule I've seen enforced in...say...the past year is the sig size rule and rossco telling people to stop posting certain pics in that lounge thread today.

I'm sure I'm leaving out a few instances, but the point is, not much is done around here. Again, it's a free for all.Get away with what? :P

You could have at least edited it with something that makes sense, Jim.

Rip The Jacker
03-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Grown-ups huh? You don't sound very grown up right now...

Yeah. This is me (rubbish), telling just another asshole, to shut up. :happy: Love you, RTJ :wub:

Bless, you're such a nice chap - I feel kinda bad.

I came in from the pub, drunk, last night and since I couldn't focus on any long posts in this thread, I decided to rip the pish out of short ones (like I said I would in post ten). Apologies if it came off harsh.

Nothing personal - even tho', technically, it was just that :dabs: Eh... it's all good... no hard feelings. :)

RealitY
03-12-2006, 11:19 AM

So was this a rod or oh fk thought I had finally got this figured out or is it the post above that is...

:randomrodsmiley:

JPaul
03-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Good.

So was this a rod or oh fk thought I had finally got this figured out or is it the post above that is...

:randomrodsmiley:

That's not a rod, that's badinage.

Sea salt water not freezing for :rod:

Warning, play on words above (Sea / See).

I used sea, because it goes with the salt water concept. Whilst also being a homonym for see.

(Chewie, do you really think these explanations are helpful. They kind of take the fun away for me.)

RealitY
03-12-2006, 11:29 AM
That's not a rod, that's badinage.

do you really think these explanations are helpful. They kind of take the fun away for me.)[/I]
Your not as appealing in the light and hadnt thought it to be a rod.
Though the later appears as retreat from a schizophrenic ...

JPaul
03-12-2006, 11:31 AM
do you really think these explanations are helpful. They kind of take the fun away for me.)[/I]
10 past 11

Rip The Jacker
03-12-2006, 11:35 AM

I'm sure I'm leaving out a few instances, but the point is, not much is done around here. Again, it's a free for all.Get away with what? :P

It made sense... :blink:

I think if you just quote someone and say, "Shut the fuck up." You're more likely to get away with it.

RealitY
03-12-2006, 11:37 AM
10 past 11
Thanks much...

JPaul
03-12-2006, 11:38 AM
10 past 11
Thanks much...
Mon plaisure.

DorisInsinuate
03-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Get away with what? :P

The quote doesn't make sense. You should have deleted the quote and just left it with "Get away with what? :P".

RealitY
03-12-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm sure I'm leaving out a few instances, but the point is, not much is done around here. Again, it's a free for all.
Were flattered you find us so stealth...

Rip The Jacker
03-12-2006, 11:51 AM

The quote doesn't make sense. You should have deleted the quote and just left it with "Get away with what? :P".
But I like the quote there... :unsure:

JPaul
03-12-2006, 11:53 AM
As you should be. It's the ultimate compliment for any modulator.

DorisInsinuate
03-12-2006, 11:54 AM

Shut the fuck up.

JPaul
03-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Shut the fuck up.
Racist

RealitY
03-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Shut the fuck up.
Think this comment combined with the druken turn by manker clearly puts the geptards in the lag...

Proper Bo
03-12-2006, 11:58 AM
reality=geptard

fact.

RealitY
03-12-2006, 12:00 PM
reality=geptard

fact.
But I havent found a proper rod...

:fkinmakearodffs:

RealitY
03-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Wait mod=geptard????

Now what will the drucken crew leader do...

Proper Bo
03-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Wait mod=geptard????

I'm pretty sure it would start with correcting your grammar and spelling:dabs:

manker
03-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Shut the fuck up.
Think this comment combined with the druken turn by manker clearly puts the geptards in the lag...I'm replying because I see my name there but I have no idea what you're trying to say.

JPaul
03-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Wait mod=geptard????

I'm pretty
:wub:

Selective quoting :ftw:

JPaul
03-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Think this comment combined with the druken turn by manker clearly puts the geptards in the lag...I'm replying because I see my name there but I have no idea what you're trying to say.
He's saying you're a gaylord.

RealitY
03-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Wait mod=geptard????

Was hopen so and then moderation for correckting me.
Looks rather glibe...

manker
03-12-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm replying because I see my name there but I have no idea what you're trying to say.
He's saying you're a gaylord.Thank feck for that.

I thought it was something offensive.

manker
03-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Looks rather glibe...

:dabs:I'm having a day off from taking the pish out of the mods.

I didn't realise that they have feelings too :cry:

JPaul
03-12-2006, 12:09 PM
He's saying you're a gaylord.Thank feck for that.

I thought it was something offensive.
RealitY couldn't say anything offensive.

No, really, he couldn't

RealitY
03-12-2006, 12:10 PM
You sound undruncken for the min perhaps you would understand though if not read back.
Very dribbin now...

JPaul
03-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Looks rather glibe...

:dabs:I'm having a day off from taking the pish out of the mods.

I didn't realise that they have feelings too :cry:
Let us know when the day is in advance. I won't bother logging in (ooer missus) that day.

Skiz
03-12-2006, 12:13 PM

I don't find you guys at all. (not to be mistaken with stealthiness). I mean rule number nine may as well be deleted. Why don't we just expunge rule nine and be done with it? Unfortunately it's completely ignored. :ermm:

RealitY
03-12-2006, 12:17 PM

I don't find you guys at all. (not to be mistaken with stealthiness). I mean rule number nine may as well be deleted. Why don't we just expunge rule nine and be done with it? Unfortunately it's completely ignored. :ermm:
Your brilliant I shall take this to Team Chat in right quickness.

On a serious note what is it you would demand of us...

JPaul
03-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Your brilliant
Is that the opposite of "my bad".

I'm too feckin' good for this place. Pheasents.

manker
03-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Your brilliant
Is that the opposite of "my bad".

I'm too feckin' good for this place. Pheasents.

RealitY
03-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Want to say before I step away that maker apology though appearing to look a tad schizophrenic points to how it should be. Thus chief in crew has spoken and accepted the terms. As RF has stated I also dont care what pish you talk and it has its appeal and can be humorous. Though when someone is offend back up rather that see it as an opportunity to dig in. Its tiresome getting complaints and trying to find a solution. The thought of a geptards vs mods thing is a bit ol school also...

:moredabs:

Proper Bo
03-12-2006, 12:30 PM
The Exploited - Fuck the Mods

Sorry, wrong thread:pinch:

manker
03-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Want to say before I step away that maker apology though appearing to look a tad schizophrenic points to how it should be. Thus chief in crew has spoken and accepted the terms. As RF has stated I also dont care what pish you talk and it has its appeal and can be humorous. Though when someone is offend back up rather that see it as an opportunity to dig in. Its tiresome getting complaints and trying to find a solution. The thought of a geptards vs mods thing is a bit ol school also...

:moredabs:I always apologise when I think I've been out of line - and I made that apology before I knew I was on moderation.

Stop calling me cheif, boss :dry:

JPaul
03-12-2006, 12:32 PM

manker, you are a leader, it's official.

Oh and thanks for confirming this in response to complaints.

Do you want to tell us who from. Then we can play nice with her.

JPaul
03-12-2006, 12:34 PM

:moredabs: and I made that apology before I knew I was on moderation.

:lol: :earl: :cawk:

I think I worked out what :earl: means, if not please accept my apologies.

manker
03-12-2006, 12:37 PM

manker, you are a leader, it's official. Bit silly that, innit.

Anyway, I'd rather be thought of as a shepherd - with you all as my comely flock.

manker
03-12-2006, 12:38 PM
and I made that apology before I knew I was on moderation.

:lol: :earl: :cawk:

I think I worked out what :earl: means, if not please accept my apologies.
You invented it first coined the phrase :blink:

JPaul
03-12-2006, 12:39 PM
manker, you are a leader, it's official. Bit silly that, innit.

You love it, much as you loved it in school.

RealitY
03-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Stop calling me cheif
Thought Top Poster = Chief
Meh

boss :dry:
That brings back memories :pinch:
Point taken and very srry wont happrn again... :lookaroun

RealitY
03-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Bit silly that, innit.

You love it, much as you loved it in school.
Now I cant comment on that...

:unsure: :rolleyes:

Yogi
03-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Glad to see nothing changed here.

Every time it's like visiting my old asylum.

And people still talking bout me...........WOW!!

enoughfakefiles
03-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Do you think sara was :rodding: when she made this thread :unsure:

Nice sig realty. EFF FTW111!!!!111:lol:

enoughfakefiles
03-12-2006, 12:57 PM

Who's using the yogi account again. I suppose internet news will turn up next :lol:

manker
03-12-2006, 12:59 PM

And people still talking bout me...........WOW!!How are your new friends - the ones that are much better than us.

Just chipper, I hope.

Yogi
03-12-2006, 01:03 PM

And people still talking bout me...........WOW!!How are your new friends - the ones that are much better than us.

Just chipper, I hope.

New friends????:blink:

Sorry, but my love for you prevents that......:cool:

Yogi
03-12-2006, 01:05 PM

Who's using the yogi account again. I suppose internet news will turn up next :lol:

In that case i would return here instantly.............:stars:

manker
03-12-2006, 01:10 PM
How are your new friends - the ones that are much better than us.

Just chipper, I hope.

New friends????:blink: Yes. New friends.

The ones you told us about.

Yogi
03-12-2006, 01:18 PM
New friends????:blink: Yes. New friends.

The ones you told us about.

Could you find that post???:lookaroun

I can't imagine having used the word friends...........:wacko:

Only friend i have is you, my dear. :wub:

Snee
03-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't care if I hurt someone's feelings in here.

If some pneub, or regular for that matter, strolled in here looking for hugsies, then they deserve the pain.

I don't even know why this thread had to be made.

A lot of us in here have our quirks, but really, we are the ones in here, we make up the place. There'd be no point to the lounge without the regulars.

And if you'd try and start moderating me for being me in here, what'd be the point of me coming here?

What this tells me, is that you care less about a lot of us lounge regulars, and more about some random wankers who can't handle insults, and who probably hardly ever has anything worthwhile to say.

As for moderating off-topic posts for being off-topic, in this thread, or any other in this off-topic forum.

How mental are you, really?

To whoever made the complaints that prompted this: you suck, you really do.

I'm a bit hung over still, else I'd have explained in detail why this thread is moronic. As it is I have to go lie down :dabs:

EDit: the possessive form of "it" is "its", not "it's". I'm not kidding.

JPaul
03-12-2006, 05:28 PM

If some pneub, or regular for that matter, strolled in here looking for hugsies, then they deserve the pain.

A lot of us in here have our quirks, but really, we are the ones in here, we make up the place. There'd be no point to the lounge without the regulars.

And if you'd try and start moderating me for being me in here, what'd be the point of me coming here?

What this tells me, is that you care less about a lot of us lounge regulars, and more about some random wankers who can't handle insults, and who probably hardly ever has anything worthwhile to say.

As for moderating off-topic posts for being off-topic, in this thread, or any other in this off-topic forum.

I'm a bit hung over still, else I'd have explained in detail why this thread is moronic. As it is I have to go lie down :dabs:

How right you are.

RealitY has confirmed that some cawk went complaining to the teacher, about the bad boys not playing nice.

"it's" is a contraction for "it is".

Chewie
03-12-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't agree.

The Lounge isn't the exclusive domain of the regulars and shouldn't become so.
I'm amazed that intelligent and free-thinking people can be so arrogant as to suggest it.

sArA
03-12-2006, 05:39 PM

Do you want to tell us who from. Then we can play nice with her.

:huh:

Do you think sara was :rodding: when she made this thread :unsure:

I am strongly getting the idea that people are under the impression that I made this thread because I was offended by something.

Let me clear things up a bit....

I made the thread because members of the mod team were getting concerned about the general increase in 'perceived' insults. I agreed to make the thread and wrote it with Reality on MSN. This was because it was considered that as a 'lounger' myself, that it would be reasonably well received (hence the geptard and manker poll options)

This was supposed to ask for people's opinions and to find out if it was just the odd occasion of 'taking it the wrong way', or that it was a problem or that no-one was bothered.

Personally, I have only ever been really pissed off with anyone on this forum, and that was before I became a mod.

Sometimes people get carried away, yes and sometimes people should either apologise or back off. Apart from that I don't have issues.

I expect now you rodsters will jump all over me :naughty:

But I can handle that :rolleyes: :)

JPaul
03-12-2006, 05:41 PM
I don't agree.

I'm amazed that intelligent and free-thinking people can be so arrogant as to suggest it.
I agree with you.

It should be for everyone.

However if someone doesn't want to join in with a specific thread, they don't have to. If they see the nature of a thread and the people contributing and don't like it, then nothing forces them to post in it.

Lots of people "lurk" in that manner. Or just join in with threads which they are comfortable with.

Warning Pish Last Sentence Above.

Proper Bo
03-12-2006, 05:43 PM
the odd occasion of 'taking it the wrong way',

Can I change my vote to manker

JPaul
03-12-2006, 05:43 PM
sArA,

I can tell you that it did not for one second even occur to me that you started this thread as a response to personal offence.

At least not on your part.

EDIT - I just realized I used "her". That was a pop at the cawkfan who did complain. Probably when she was complaining about jocular sports threads in the Lounge.

EDIT 2 - I just realized that also looks like it was you I was talking about. Honestly it wasn't.

Snee
03-12-2006, 05:45 PM
@chewie: Who said it should be? The point is that everyone should be allowed to say what they say in here.

If some fascist/oversensitive/whatever who's been put off 'cos people didn't like the crap they posted, or something, wants to inhibit how we communicate in here, then I don't want them here, tho'.

Anyway, I'd rather have manker/jp/spd/ziggy etc. in here, than someone like that bloke neil who posted that palestine-incomprehensibility a while ago in here, for instance.

If this place keeps the "neils" of this world out, then yay.

Edited 'cos of mad hung over skills.

sArA
03-12-2006, 05:49 PM
sArA,

I can tell you that it did not for one second even occur to me that you started this thread as a response to personal offence.

EDIT - I just realized I used "her". That was a pop at the cawkfan who did complain. Probably when she was complaining about jocular sports threads in the Lounge.

EDIT 2 - I just realized that also looks like it was you I was talking about. Honestly it wasn't.

Ahhhhhh well, along with skizso's post you can see why I thought so.....

Glad I got that one cleared up.....:ph34r:

j2k4
03-12-2006, 05:51 PM
We police ourselves, for the most part, and we have a rather capacious toolkit for the doing.

Mods in the lounge are by-and-large referees, and not enforcers.

JPaul
03-12-2006, 05:51 PM
sArA,

Ahhhhhh well, along with skizso's post you can see why I thought so.....

Glad I got that one cleared up.....:ph34r:

Indeed and I apologise for any hurt or upset I may have caused.

Always happy to apologise to a proper person, with a genuine reason for offense.

Not some over-sensitive, gaylord, cawkmuncher tho'.

fkdup74
03-12-2006, 05:52 PM

:blink:

I'm confused....first I thought this poll was a stelthy ploy on your part to chastise the rodders....
now it seems you were merely trying to get into manker's pants :dabs:

JPaul
03-12-2006, 05:55 PM

:blink:

I'm confused....first I thought this poll was a stelthy ploy on your part to chastise the rodders....
now it seems you were merely trying to get into manker's pants :dabs:
They wouldn't fit her. manker has no arse and wears a very small lilac thong.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:sA-oaMgtMmLhKM:http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/11/c3/8d_2.JPG

enoughfakefiles
03-12-2006, 05:57 PM
manker has no arse[/QUOTE]

So the story about the thumb was a rod

Chewie
03-12-2006, 06:15 PM
I don't agree.

I agree with you.

It should be for everyone.

However if someone doesn't want to join in with a specific thread, they don't have to. If they see the nature of a thread and the people contributing and don't like it, then nothing forces them to post in it.

Lots of people "lurk" in that manner. Or just join in with threads which they are comfortable with.

Warning Pish Last Sentence Above.
D'Accord.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, though, there are occasions when a small heads-up after a n00b has joined in after misunderstanding could prevent unnecessary offence.
But as you have been appending warnings to your posts since then I can see you're a believer in prevention rather than cure.

Busyman
03-12-2006, 06:32 PM
The point is that everyone should be allowed to say what they say in here.
Ok then, Bo is a Nazi.

Busyman
03-12-2006, 06:33 PM
You invented it first coined the phrase :blink:
Over this side of the ocean, earl means to vomit.

MagicNakor
03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I was under the impression manker wore rather fetching yellow pants.

I'm unsure if it would be entirely proper that I weigh in on this one, and I'm further unsure if I'm even coherent. I'll probably regret this in the morning, but that's a ways away yet. :P

:shuriken:

Proper Bo
03-12-2006, 06:49 PM
The point is that everyone should be allowed to say what they say in here. Ok then, Bo is a Nazi.
Thieving pikey bastard:dabs:

Busyman
03-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Ok then, Bo is a Nazi.
:happy:

peat moss
03-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Ok then, Bo is a Nazi.

Whats a pikey ? Inquiring minds (Us dumb Canadians) want to know . :D

Proper Bo
03-12-2006, 08:06 PM
a gypo

MagicNakor
03-12-2006, 08:09 PM
http://www.muchos.co.uk/members/goldie1983/Perfect%20Pikey%20(dont%20u%20just%20wanna%20smack%20him).JPG

Or so my British relatives tell me. They seem to use it interchangably with chav.

:shuriken:

Proper Bo
03-12-2006, 08:18 PM
general term for a scummy git that thieves

enoughfakefiles
03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
They prefer to be called travellers :dabs:

Why do they have irish accents as well :unsure:

Santa
03-12-2006, 08:47 PM
http://www.tehlounge.com/vbb/images_grey/misc/logo.gifhttp://www.tehlounge.com/vbb/images_grey/misc/bg.gif

Rip The Jacker
03-13-2006, 01:52 AM
The quote doesn't make sense. You should have deleted the quote and just left it with "Get away with what? :P". But I like the quote there... :unsure: Shut the fuck up.
Somehow... I knew that was coming. :dabs:

Cheese
03-13-2006, 02:01 AM
The Lounge is far better as it is than if we let the hippy fascists get their way and they turn the place into some sort of mind-controlled happy rainbow joy-joy club.

"Sorry manker, commenting on a newb's stupidity is a thought crime. It's off to the Miniluv for you."

RealitY
03-13-2006, 10:56 AM
thought crime
Seems Ive heard thats a brit thing so shouldnt be an issue...

RealitY
03-13-2006, 11:07 AM

Actually this was to see who got their panties in the biggest bunch so guess its served now...

Agrajag
03-13-2006, 11:13 AM

Actually this was to see who got their panties in the biggest bunch so guess its served now...

Thing is, mate. Admin / Mods shouldn't really be duplicitous towards their members. It really is rather undignified and demeaning.

Shame on you all, or at least those who thought this was a good idea.

Particular shame on sArA, I had thought much better of you than being party to such a thing. I really am disappointed irl.

Barbarossa
03-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Maybe there should be a tick-box on user-profiles that says

"Please don't take the piss out of me" :dabs:

manker
03-13-2006, 11:50 AM

Thing is, mate. Admin / Mods shouldn't really be duplicitous towards their members. It really is rather undignified and demeaning.

Shame on you all, or at least those who thought this was a good idea.

Particular shame on sArA, I had thought much better of you than being party to such a thing. I really am disappointed irl.
Meh, I guess I'm not so bothered. I'm duplicitous toward the mods all the time (rodding) and should expect the same back.

Seems a bit harsh on those members who don't behave in the same way tho'.

It's fairly obvious to me that the duplicitousness hasn't yet stopped either. I believe that there's a fair amount of back-tracking going on regarding this issue and the sports threads in the lounge thing.

I don't actually believe that RF's posts in this thread were disingenuous. Nor the people, like lynx, Damnatory and RTJ - who came out and said that they didn't like the current situation in the lounge - we being disingenuous neither.

Some mods have been geptards about the whole thing - but it's been a while since they've done anything save for moving posts. I imagine their people skills might be a bit rusty. I won't hold it against them :)

Agrajag
03-13-2006, 11:55 AM
I hear what you say, but surely authority figures should be above cheap tricks and disingenuous polls.

Like I said, I'm particularly surprised at sArA being the person who actually carried it out.

manker
03-13-2006, 12:02 PM
I hear what you say, but surely authority figures should be above cheap tricks and disingenuous polls.

Like I said, I'm particularly surprised at sArA being the person who actually carried it out.Yeah, maybe. I'd certainly be surprised if Sara was deliberately trying to rile established members up, for what appears (now) to be no good reason.

If anything, the piss taking and hostility here has increased since this thread.

You know, RealitY isn't the sharpest tool in the shed - perhaps he isn't speaking for the entire mod team when he posted that earlier.

I'd prefer to think that.

Agrajag
03-13-2006, 12:06 PM

Like I said, I'm particularly surprised at sArA being the person who actually carried it out.Yeah, maybe. I'd certainly be surprised if Sara was deliberately trying to rile established members up, for what appears (now) to be no good reason.

If anything, the piss taking and hostility here has increased since this thread.

You know, RealitY isn't the sharpest tool in the shed - perhaps he isn't speaking for the entire mod team when he posted that earlier.

I'd prefer to think that.
But that would mean he was lying, I can't believe that.

manker
03-13-2006, 12:17 PM
I believe he was - I just read some of the posts made by RF and Sara on page two of this thread (if you're using the 40 posts per page forum view) and I'm taking them at their word.

Agrajag
03-13-2006, 12:22 PM
I believe he was - I just read some of the posts made by RF and Sara on page two of this thread (if you're using the 40 posts per page forum view) and I'm taking them at their word.
That does make more sense, but why would he lie to us about such a thing.

EDIT - oh and if that's the case, my apologies to any mod not involved, particularly sArA.

Barbarossa
03-13-2006, 12:24 PM
By the way, I voted "I think it's funny".

I've only been offended once by a post in the lounge, and probably only then because I was having a bad day. :dabs:

manker
03-13-2006, 12:27 PM
That does make more sense, but why would he lie to us about such a thing.See my not the sharpest tool in the shed comment :P

He could claim that he was rodding - but why would a mod attempt to inflame an already volitile situation by posting an untrue and provocative comment.

That would be mental.

Perhaps he truly believes what he posted because he doesn't understand the point of this thread. Only the man himself can say fo' sho'.

manker
03-13-2006, 12:30 PM
By the way, I voted "I think it's funny".

I've only been offended once by a post in the lounge, and probably only then because I was having a bad day. :dabs:When was that then, Barbie me ol' mucker? I've never been offended by a post here. Nor anywhere else for that matter.

Sticks and stones.

I haven't voted because I always win all the polls anyhow :dabs:

Agrajag
03-13-2006, 12:36 PM
That does make more sense, but why would he lie to us about such a thing.See my not the sharpest tool in the shed comment :P

He could claim that he was rodding - but why would a mod attempt to inflame an already volitile situation by posting an untrue and provocative comment.

That would be mental.

Perhaps he truly believes what he posted because he doesn't understand the point of this thread. Only the man himself can say fo' sho'.
All true, however

seems fairly straightforward and could only be true if at least sArA joined in. Given that she started the thread.

Barbarossa
03-13-2006, 12:37 PM
When was that then, Barbie me ol' mucker?

It was something Busy said about "in-house twat" when sArA moved in with her boyfriend.

It doesn't seem offensive now, just terribly crass.

Agrajag
03-13-2006, 12:38 PM
At least you know where you are with Busy.

manker
03-13-2006, 12:41 PM

It was something Busy said about "in-house twat" when sArA moved in with her boyfriend.

It doesn't seem offensive now, just terribly crass.:lol: I remember that.

I'm chuckling because someone (it might have been you) said that 'in-house twat' was probably how Mrs. Busyman refers to her other half.

Agrajag
03-13-2006, 12:42 PM

I'm chuckling because someone (it might have been you) said that 'in-house twat' was probably how Mrs. Busyman refers to her other half.
Or perhaps it's what she shouts when he's playing in the yard and his tea's ready.

Barbarossa
03-13-2006, 12:43 PM

:lol: Yes, that was one of mine :D

manker
03-13-2006, 12:52 PM
:lol: I remember that.

Or perhaps it's what she shouts when he's playing in the yard and his tea's ready.Perhaps he came with the house when she bought it.

'Well, Mrs. B; if you choose this property - you've get your basic amenities, lounge, bathroom, panic room, wanking pit complete with in-house twat, three bedrooms and a rather fetching veranda.'

Mr JP Fugley
03-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Or perhaps it's what she shouts when he's playing in the yard and his tea's ready.Perhaps he came with the house when she bought it.

'Well, Mrs. B; if you choose this property - you've get your basic amenities, lounge, bathroom, panic room, wanking pit complete with in-house twat, three bedrooms and a rather fetching veranda.'
:lol: :earl:

DorisInsinuate
03-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Glag, I had to look up veranda.

bashnu
03-13-2006, 01:40 PM
the lounge is not very inviting due to the incestious private humour and elite language which has been evolved here. Indeed it is hard for a noob to walk in here and say something without "feedback".
But once you work out that it is free for all and not give a shit - that is when the doors open.

Spider_dude
03-13-2006, 02:00 PM
stfu noov

sArA
03-13-2006, 04:20 PM
So Agrajag.....

Do you think I am a shit stirring bitch or have you now actually read my posts in this thread and changed your opinion?

I guess its just anti mod rhetoric inflamed by righteous indignation that the thread was dared to be posted.

Perhaps we need a Mod thread account so that whoever makes a thread based on a team discussion does not get pilloried, accussed or what was it again? ... oh yes considered a disappointment (Oh I really thought you were an ok mod, but after you started this thread I am now of the opinion that you must be a complete twat after all.... I am so disappointed with you)

I try, I really really do, but sometimes I despair that people take me all the wrong way so much....must be my crappy prose that leads to such misunderstanding of intent and motive.

Ffs JP, pack it in now please.

manker
03-13-2006, 04:24 PM
So Agrajag.....

Do you think I am a shit stirring bitch or have you now actually read my posts in this thread and changed your opinion?

I guess its just anti mod rhetoric inflamed by righteous indignation that the thread was dared to be posted.

Perhaps we need a Mod thread account so that whoever makes a thread based on a team discussion does not get pilloried, accussed or what was it again? ... oh yes considered a disappointment (Oh I really thought you were an ok mod, but after you started this thread I am now of the opinion that you must be a complete twat after all.... I am so disappointed with you)

I try, I really really do, but sometimes I despair that people take me all the wrong way so much....must be my crappy prose that leads to such misunderstanding of intent and motive.Fecking Agrajag :dry: :lol:

Sara, you'll see that if RealitY's comment is to be believed, then it does make you seem to be duplicitous. I think that was the point.

I re-read the thread and decided RealitY was talking pish. FYI.

Cheese
03-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Who cares if the Lounge is witty or insulting. Sort out the other forums (you know, the on-topic ones) before you come whining to us. If the ambition of the current staff is to attract new members then nothing will do that better than having useful sections on the board rather than the spam infested boards like Gamesworld, Musicworld and Hardwareworld. Gamesworld in particular is a much less noob friendly for instance.

How fucking dare any mod complain when they can't even be arsed to moderate the sections of the board that they are supposed to moderate a bit more heavily.

Barbarossa
03-13-2006, 05:14 PM
the lounge is not very inviting due to the incestious private humour and elite language which has been evolved here.

The Lounge = France.

I can't believe I never noticed the similarity before. :stars:

GepperRankins
03-13-2006, 05:15 PM
the lounge is not very inviting due to the incestious private humour and elite language which has been evolved here.

The Lounge = France.

I can't believe I never noticed the similarity before. :stars:
mcglag

RealitY
03-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks for noting that as it would seem obvious but then again maybe not as you appeared very confused. Seems your having quite a time lately. I always forget now and in the past to make my gib with a smiley. Funny thing I actually had posted it with a rod and then removed it as Im trying to stop myself from being pulled into the thrill of being a geptard (sure thatll get a run) or maybe the Lounge is getting to me as perhaps in a contagious way...

JPaul
03-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks for noting that as it would seem obvious but then again maybe not as you appeared very confused. Seems your having quite a time lately. I always forget now and in the past to make my gib with a smiley. Funny thing I actually had posted it with a rod and then removed it as Im trying to stop myself from being pulled into the thrill of being a geptard (sure thatll get a run) or maybe the Lounge is getting to me as perhaps in a contagious way...

You certainly can't do that now. With great power comes great responsibility.

RealitY
03-13-2006, 06:23 PM
On a serious not I truly think this thread has accomplished what it was set out to do which was to get a feel for how this affects the board overall. At least Ive been able to draw some conclusions from it. Think its also opened a fair debate regarding it as long as your read betwen the other. May have even lightened up the tension a bit I hope anyway...

Cheese
03-13-2006, 06:28 PM
May have even lightened up the tension a bit I hope anyway...

You could un-moderate JP, that would lighten up the tension. That or comedy-sack Lynx. :naughty:

RealitY
03-13-2006, 07:17 PM
In case its not clear the issue of concern is regarding harhness and maybe those that give pish a bad name. As part of the Team its a concern of mine if a n00b or member gets bashed in the Lounge and never comes back to it or the site and thats an issue we feel the same on. Stating fk them is thick. This apllies even if once as its a step backwards. If that element isnt present all is fine I think. Would think the regulars would want some new mates anyway.

Think we should step in on occasions in the Lounge (as free as it is) or other when this takes place and post within those threads on a thread to thread basis. Im sure the regulars can see when the line is drawn also and know why this is....

manker
03-13-2006, 07:32 PM

:rod:I wasn't confused, I said that you were talking pish from the very start.

It wasn't obvious, tho'. A moderator implying that a conversation had gone on in Team Chat to find out which members would get the most het-up over a thread when several other moderators had said something entirely different is not your common or garden prosaic situation.

Especially since we'd already had one incidence of a Team member saying that even tho' instruction to a member via PM said one thing, the team actually meant something entirely different.

I'm sure you see my point :smilie4:

Guillaume
As part of the Team its a concern of mine if a n00b or member gets bashed in the Lounge and never comes back to it or the site and thats an issue we feel the same on.
Yeah right, the fact that most of the noobs just post five times in order to gain access to the bittorent invites section and never come back again is our fault completely.

JPaul
When did I attack a n00b exactly. I practically always talk to the same people.

manker
03-13-2006, 07:44 PM
When did I attack a n00b exactly.You're a bit harsh to The, now and again :dabs:

JPaul
03-13-2006, 08:00 PM
When did I attack a n00b exactly.You're a bit harsh to The, now and again :dabs:
Fair point.

Lilmiss
03-13-2006, 08:50 PM
On a serious not I truly think this thread has accomplished what it was set out to do which was to get a feel for how this affects the board overall. At least Ive been able to draw some conclusions from it. Think its also opened a fair debate regarding it as long as your read betwen the other. May have even lightened up the tension a bit I hope anyway...

:huh: So why wasn't this thread posted in the about the board section, or drawing room even?
We even have a Poll world now, btw, which surely would give you a better idea of how others view the lounge.
It can't be a fair debate if the noobs in question refuse to come in here to pass comment. All it has done is publicly slapped wrists, without giving any particular reasons for doing so.

I personally think this laughable attempt of a thread has done nothing but increased tension in here. Not between the knobends and regulars, but by lowering what little respect there ever was for Mods.

You want a realistic view of how appealing this section is?
Do your own homework. Check the wonderful stats you guys keep posting of how popular this place is becoming.
While you're at it, bear in mind all the regs you're complaining about keep this place from gathering dust. If they stopped posting you would be left with lol threads, and introductions that turn to lol threads.

Why does everything have to be about luring in new posters, when you guys can't control the ones you already have here without asking for help? I've gotta admit Rossco has done great things for the board, but the majority of mods just seem to crave authority they will never receive in their own feeble life. Get a job as a security guard ffs, or just get laid. :ermm:

This thread sucks big gay al's jock strap, imo. :mellow:

manker
03-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Nice one, missie :)

Proper Bo
03-13-2006, 11:02 PM
:lawl:

Santa
03-13-2006, 11:53 PM
http://imgfly.com/files/130306_032954/nq031011.gif

twisterX
03-13-2006, 11:53 PM
nice cartoon. :D

sArA
03-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Thats about the size of it on occasion I guess...I remember my first posts on this forum. I didn't want to appear a twat in front of all those people who knew each other and were so knowledgeable about filesharing and stuff. It made me pretty cautious about posting anything at all, particularly in the more social areas.

Still, I think it is often perceived that way a little when entering a new community, even if it turns out that they are actually a pretty friendly bunch on the whole.... with the occasional 'human' touch of out of order dickheadedness of course :)

fkdup74
03-14-2006, 12:13 AM
You want a realistic view of how appealing this section is?
Do your own homework. Check the wonderful stats you guys keep posting of how popular this place is becoming.
While you're at it, bear in mind all the regs you're complaining about keep this place from gathering dust. If they stopped posting you would be left with lol threads, and introductions that turn to lol threads.

:fist:

Busyman
03-14-2006, 12:19 AM

Yeah I remember that. It thought it funny, especially when sArA said she didn't think it offensive.

It was a good watching that bandwagon pass by.:happy:

Probably a cultural thing.

I did also find it also amusing that for someone who might pass insults on the daily that they would get "outraged" all of a sudden.

Nothing new though.

fkdup74
03-14-2006, 12:20 AM
...they are actually a pretty friendly bunch on the whole....

ermmm.....nah, nevermind..... :whistling

JPaul
03-14-2006, 12:21 AM

Yeah I remember that. It thought it funny, especially when sArA said she didn't think it offensive.

It was a good watching that bandwagon pass by.:happy:

Probably a cultural thing.

I did also find it also amusing that for someone who might pass insults on the daily that they would get "outraged" all of a sudden.

Nothing new though.

Fair point, well presented.

Lilmiss
03-14-2006, 12:26 AM
:fist:

lol. glag. rolf.
:ermm:

Proper Bo
03-14-2006, 12:26 AM
dave?:unsure: