PDA

View Full Version : Relations between the celtic nations

JPaul
03-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Does anyone think that the result of today's Scotland v Ireland rugger match will have a bearing on the economic relations between the two countries.

Biggles
03-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Not particularly :)

I was a tad despondant that our hooker appeared to decide to shout the call outs in ancient Babylonian in order to give the Irish a fighting chance though.

FFS 55% on your own ball! :angry:

Hats off to the Irish though, they spotted our weakness in the line out and played it well. Both sets of defenses will be happy that their lines were not breached. Given the slippy conditions and wet ball the handling was superb..

When our hooker was replaced midway through the second half and thereafter we won all our own line outs the game opened up a bit. Thought we had sneaked it when Webster found a way through late in the second half but he lacked enough support to unload the ball - which was probably fair. The Irish would have been gutted if we had sneaked a late score and stolen the game - then international relations might have been soured :D As it stands a cracking game, really solid, fair and hard rugby and not a cross word (known as a Danny Grewcock :dry: ) between the teams. I think they will be drinking arm in arm tonight.

Blimey! typing pished is hard work.

JPaul
03-11-2006, 08:04 PM
I totally agree. The better team on the day won.

We really need to get that line-out sorted.

Proper Bo
03-11-2006, 08:06 PM
you ethnics and your silly ball games:rolleyes:

Rat Faced
03-11-2006, 08:12 PM
And it will also have absolutely no effect whatsoever in the relationships between; Wales, Isle of Man, Cornwall, Brittany and Galicia.

You all hated each other beforehand, and will continue to do so now. :whistling

JPaul
03-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Galician bar stewards.

I hate sci fi.